Trying some different colours on these took some working out as they where very muted military tones. Normally working from bright colours and having to darken and mute them my self made working with these colours a very different process! 

Goliath.JPG

Goliaths.JPG

I think I've managed to make them work.

Edited by Darklighter

Thank you Bjorn Firewalker and Flame Boy I'm glad you like them.

As an army painter not a display/showcase painter close ups don't really do my work justice. It's not that they look rough, they just aren't painted to be very photogenic up close. People do display my work and like it, but it's not what my finish is for primarily. I work quickly with a fast turn over of models in between other hobbies and work. My paint style is about impact and atmosphere not painstaking detail.

Sorry if that sounds condescending, but I get this question a lot. Same as my Photography style, My minis look best on the table or at an arms length so I take pictures to show off that aspect. Do they look good close up, yes. Does it show them off to their fullest potential... No! 

well done Darklighter, :thumbsup:

great necromundan look, the boys better watch where they step or its some radioactive ooze between the toes for them :ohmy.:  

So really... your saying your stuff is nice from afar but far from nice :tongue.:

Cheers, Mithril 

You could always commission something and find out for your self. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: 

haha good try:thumbsup: , but if i'm frank i'll say that when i pull out the proverbial and get something done ...it's as good as yours :blush.: 

I'm a poor(but happy) guy with a wife and child and this hobby taxes my spartan hobby funds considerably...Now if i was made of money AND lazy i'd throw work your way most definitely :biggrin.: 

i do like your colour choice's though and your technique, so i get great idea's from your postings, like the roboute guilliman colour scheme :wub:  for example.

Cheers, Mithril

haha good try:thumbsup: , but if i'm frank i'll say that when i pull out the proverbial and get something done ...it's as good as yours :blush.:

I'm a poor(but happy) guy with a wife and child and this hobby taxes my spartan hobby funds considerably...Now if i was made of money AND lazy i'd throw work your way most definitely :biggrin.:

i do like your colour choice's though and your technique, so i get great idea's from your postings, like the roboute guilliman colour scheme :wub:  for example.

Cheers, Mithril

Cheers man I do hope you find something useful to help you on your own hobby journey... You may have just made my day :blush.:

Edited by Darklighter