Tactica: Scarab Occult Terminators

Prot

I agree with a number of your points.

i used them mainly as a bully force to give by buddies aspect warriors hell. he hates 'em so being able to buff STR is a big deal for how in use them. Sprinkle in a little VOTLW and with DTTFE and my imperial buddies are in for a new treat!

I am anxious to try them out now with new potential buffs in our dex.

Our boards have been a bit quiet the last day or so, hopefully that means all you lucky dogs are getting some games in and will share the results.

Edited by Skerr

Nice Minsc! i also got a shaman with my dex and cards. 3 boxes of enightened are my next purchase.

i usually run 1 or 2 five man squads of SOTs though always liked the idea of bumping them up to 7 or so and sticking with one unit.

Lately folks here got me thinking of 10 even 20 man squads (setting aside 2 cps for the morale strat) though i find it hard not to exploit the possibilities of more SO Sorcerers with multiple squads. I'm not to concerned with the perils, it happens though i tend to go for broke with the warp.

Edited by Skerr

Hah fitting Minsc! I just got 2 more enlightened boxes. so I now have 12. 

along with a single shaman (debating another) with 40 foot gors. 

10's seem fine, less morale issues, fills battallions for CP, but large allows us to really stack buffs and of course webway when needed. I have had pretty good luck overall with the tzaangors.  All our troop slots have a place and a purpose.  even the humble and lowly cultist!

My "beast master" list looks like 20 cultists and 40 tzaangors as the base troop slots, tons of daemon engines (when I say daemon engine I inlcude the Vortex beast, it basically is one in all but name) filling the heavy slot, walkers in the elite slot with a shaman, and spawn and enlightened filling out a fast detachment, prince and either Ahriman or a disc exalted with seers bane flying shotgun with the disc enlightened blobs (6 bow, 6 spear) walkers galore, and a single at-home exalted to anchor the daemon engine line and give out some re-rolls.  

Absolutely fantastic.