Bulking up the FW Deathshroud

The Wolfguard

So I ended up getting a load of Forgeworld Deathshroud back when I was playing using 30k Death Guard. Come around to 8th and now I know nobody playing Horus Heresy. I have a bunch of Deathshroud and was wondering if anybody knew or had any advice on how to bulk them up or make them slightly taller so they fit in a bit better. I'm not very good at greenstuffing myself I'm afraid and don't have much in the way of spare bits as of yet, but do you think there would be any easier solutions? I added a small bit of greenstuff between the chest and legs to make them a small bit taller and they're still quite a way off as you can imagine, they don't need to be the perfect size but there must be something that will make them a bit closer? 

Here's a picture for comparison, sorry for the not so good quality:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/270617707429232642/409820022685433866/20180204_211803.jpg?width=870&height=652

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about that.  Lore shows that Death Guard come in all shapes and sizes depending on what diseases they are infected with.  For some, this will result in bloated monstrous figures, but for others it could wither them away.  If anything, having your Terminators look different will make your army more unique. 

Completely agree with Checkmate77. Bear in mind as well that a Chaos terminator with all it's spiky bits on the top doesn't differ a lot from one which doesn't have it. 

Using the correct base the model needs I wouldn't bother too much in the actual bulk of the model (when it's not that different). Another thing would be to use the 30k Mortarion in a 40k match.. which sadly I can't do neither :down:

Possibly stand them on a bit of cork or something (dead marines etc) to give them more hight

Its what im doing to blend A few Dark Vengance marines in with the new Dark imperium death guard

Ive since found that potentially its the new 32mm base that add the extra hight to the new plague marines.

I stood on of the dark vengance chaos marines on the bace witht the new plague marine and the size difference was negligible

I would take the new plastic there, and cut each arm at the armpit area or so. Then fit the resin DG scythe and arms to the pad. While the arms themselves will be slightly thinner than the legs, could argue they are kept nimble as disease piles on elsewhere. That'd give you solid looking custom work.

I'm mixing my plastics with some DG FW bitz as well. Hopefully once HH gets a proper update armies will be able to go back and forth. Espeically seige of terra style nurgle, which should not be far off from the armies we build today.