Tactica Termitica

dicebod

Hello frater!  Now that we have had a look at the experimental rules for the Terrax Pattern Termite Assault Drill (here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341832-horus-heresy-and-necromunda-weekender-2018/page-15?do=findComment&comment=5001990 and here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341832-horus-heresy-and-necromunda-weekender-2018/page-16#entry5002007 ), how do you think you'd want to go about using it?  

Two big issues I see right off the bat are the lack of assault vehicle (I guess not that terribly surprising) and the fact that it can only carry non-bulky units, which really cuts down on the potential cargo this thing can take.  I could see a melta support squad sticking in here to cause some major backfield issues, but what else would work well in this tin can of awesome?

Great for some Rites that benefit from being within 12” to begin with.

It will be a great troll tool to get in front of quad batteries to block LoS and force them to fire at an 80 point termite instead of your useful Sicarans/Scorpii/etc. Pop out some Breachers with grav guns to autowound rapier carriages or use meltas to nuke important vehicles.

Termites operate under the rule “no car park is safe.”

I’m happy they are 12 model capacity to allow characters to join too.

Combi-plasma seekers, machine killer veterans, tactical support squads, all with room for characters.

I am going to try Breacher squads with a combi weapon on the sarge and two specials like melta or flamers.

Even simple tactical squads popping up late-game near an objective is pretty good, although a bit rich at 80 points.

It’s super sweet. Kind of unfortunate they are so good, because I want 3 of them due to the rules. I will probably start with two though, and see how that goes.

Combi-plasma seekers, machine killer veterans, tactical support squads, all with room for characters.

I am going to try Breacher squads with a combi weapon on the sarge and two specials like melta or flamers.

Even simple tactical squads popping up late-game near an objective is pretty good, although a bit rich at 80 points.

It’s super sweet. Kind of unfortunate they are so good, because I want 3 of them due to the rules. I will probably start with two though, and see how that goes.

Pretty much nails it.

As an IW I'll go for Breachers in combination with The Ironfire and another Dreadclaw with... stuff in it. ;)

This thing is frankly unfair with Ironfire. Land in the middle of a unit, bunch them all up, disgorge the breachers who put out rapid fire and flamer templates... then the scatterless artillery comes in. Raw brutality.

One of the best RoW there is.

Good way to quit friendships. ;)

With the Termitica it is even more brutal because it is so big. Very big 6" bubble of accuracy olus the Breacher squad.

Add a Dreadclaw which comes at turn one, too, and maybe a Land Speeder boosting into the enemy lines as well and you won't miss anything.

Like you said:

Brutal.

Yeah for some ROWs like Iron Fire having another unit with psudo drop pod assault is clutch. That said it's definitely there for shooty units. I'd still rather put my melta bomb breachers into a dreadclaw, for example.

Love the idea of a Termite filled with Iron Warriors, very fluffy too :biggrin.: mine under the walls and cause havoc in a fortress! 

Also epic nostalgia for me since they remind me of Subterranean APCs from C&C Tiberian Sun and Thunderbirds! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have a 6 man team of combi-melta Machine Killer Vets that I need a delivery system for.

Is this a better option than a Dreadclaw then?

They're BA btw.

I'd say so, because it won't get stuck in terrain and can damage vehicle as well.

So, I have a 6 man team of combi-melta Machine Killer Vets that I need a delivery system for.

They're BA btw.

I'd say so, because it won't get stuck in terrain and can damage vehicle as well.

Plus you can combine it with Drop Pods to get even more first turn deep strike elements :D

They're BA btw.

Plus you can combine it with Drop Pods to get even more first turn deep strike elements :D

Wait, time out!

Ok, so for the purposes of Gaming, this counts as a drop pod?

If I have 2 DDPs and this thing, it essentially means that I have 3 Pods?

• 1 month later...

FW messed up'd over many things with Book 7, and so I assume that the Axiarch has Independent Character special rule, because otherwise some of their stuff doesn't make sense (Field Generator). If your LGS, or your tournament organiser doesn't agree with this, then you can just run 2 additional, instead of 1 additional, or even go to the extent of putting in a (Arch) Magos Reductor with Machinator Array, Corposant Stave, Meltagun (Graviton Gun), Rad Grenades, Rad Furnace. Alternatively, just have the Axiarch man a Fortification and use his BS6 to fire a Lascannon every turn.

Secutarii Axiarch (80)

- Master-crafted Arc Lance + Mag Inverter Shield

- Deconstructive Influence

Secutarii Hoplite Phalanx (132)

- 1 Additional Secutarii Hoplites

Termite (80)

Unit arrives safely first turn directly on top of chosen Spartan or Super-Heavy, and fires 12 BS5 Haywire shots at the target. You deal ~6 Hull Points directly, and can kill a tank on a double 6 for Pen/Damage with the Axiarch. With the Magos, you have a Sunder Meltagun with +3 to Armour Penetrations.

Against attacks incoming, you reduce all shooting by -1 Str and reroll Armour Saves of 1, overwatch with BS2 Haywire, and have a 5+ Invulnerable Save, and Defensive Grenades. In combat, you have at least 13 Haywire Attacks in combat. The Magos can get pretty ridiculous also.

Alternatively, you can proper gib enemy units;

Axiarch

Secutarii Peltasts, +2 Additional, 12 Arc Rifles

Non-Secutarii Compulsory Troops

Termite

Peltasts pop up, and for 332pts, you just place 24 BS5 Shots into a vehicle.

Edkt: no Axiarch in allied.

Standard mechanicum loadout is going to be secutarii, either hoplites or haywire rifle peltasts.

Turn 1 that Spartan dies >: D

Yes, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Mechanicum profile. Any AV target vulnerable to haywire gets auto-deleted. Pretty messed up, to be honest. :P

Standard mechanicum loadout is going to be secutarii, either hoplites or haywire rifle peltasts.

Yes, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Mechanicum profile. Any AV target vulnerable to haywire gets auto-deleted. Pretty messed up, to be honest. :tongue.:

The return of interceptor dev sqds?

Yes, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Mechanicum profile. Any AV target vulnerable to haywire gets auto-deleted. Pretty messed up, to be honest. :tongue.:

I'd doubt it: the Termite should be able to placed so as to intercede direct fire if the player is bright enough. It will take significant terrain and luck to no have either Termite or Target in the way. I could maybe see Masters of Signal get attached to Artillery Squads now though in order to catch them as they appear.

Sometimes I wonder how other people play that game. The HSS with Augury Scanner is a must have anyway, isn't it?

Yes, Augury scanners in general are good to have, especially with null deploy lists now viable in 30K.

I like to keep one in a plasma support squad. You can give it to the sgt, or the accompanying apothecary.

Interesting. Same here with my Volkite Caliver TSS. ;)

Archived