Tactica Termitica

dicebod

Militia could also do AP3 heavy flamers in a termite. There would be fewer of them, but the ability of the termite to force enemy models to bunch up could be devastating provided you avoid the artificer armour sergeants.

Plasma support squads, plasma seekers, machine killer veterans, any kind of alpha strike unit that liked a drop pod, will like this even more.

I also feel like it’s made for Breachers, though, so I will just be throwing a combi-melta/2x melta squad in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So... which weapon should I put on that thing?

I don't say weaponS because it won't survive more then one turn, I guess, and you can shoot only one weapon with full BS at the arrival anyway.

Suggestions?

My plan is to throw some Support squads into mine. Luna Wolves with BS5 from Death dealers with plasma or melta will delete units. I may also use these in my Orbital Assault list to have something like seven pods on turn one.

My plan is to throw some Support squads into mine. Luna Wolves with BS5 from Death dealers with plasma or melta will delete units. I may also use these in my Orbital Assault list to have something like seven pods on turn one.

Remember that, although similiar to the Deep Strike rule, it doesn't count for stuff like Orbital Assault.

From a fluff perspective, using Termites in an Orbital Assault list, while legal, feels a bit on the nose eh? :wink:

You are only thinking of the one dimension brother Charlo, these termites were fired from a Strike Cruiser on the OTHER side of the planet 3 weeks ago and have been burrowing through the planet! :P Very Alpha Legion... 

Subterranean Assault states that the units enter play using Deep Strike, so fair game for Orbital Assault.

You should read the whole rules.

You don't count 'em in an Orbital Assault.

So with let's say 6 Drop Pods in turn one you would get 3 Pods + the Termite. :)

@Reyner: Hopefully someone brought Sandwiches. :D

To clarify, because I think there is some cross purposes talk here, Drop Pod Assault and Subterranean assault are two different 'pools' of units.

Lets say you have a list of say 3 Drop Pods (Command Squad, and 2* Tactical Squads), 2 Dreadnought Drop Pods, 2 Terminator Squads with Deep Strike, 3 Termites (carrying Breacher Squads) and 2 Fire Raptors, you may First turn deep strike with any 3 Drop Pod Assault Units, and 2 Termites, and the in subsequent turns, roll reserves for the 2 Remaining Drop Pod Assault units, the Terminators, the remaining Termite, and 2 Fire Raptors.

Hope that helps.

To clarify, because I think there is some cross purposes talk here, Drop Pod Assault and Subterranean assault are two different 'pools' of units.

Lets say you have a list of say 3 Drop Pods (Command Squad, and 2* Tactical Squads), 2 Dreadnought Drop Pods, 2 Terminator Squads with Deep Strike, 3 Termites (carrying Breacher Squads) and 2 Fire Raptors, you may First turn deep strike with any 3 Drop Pod Assault Units, and 2 Termites, and the in subsequent turns, roll reserves for the 2 Remaining Drop Pod Assault units, the Terminators, the remaining Termite, and 2 Fire Raptors.

Hope that helps.

And if you have Perturabo, they may come aaaaaall in turn one.

Archived