Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 points - Rubricae Assault

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BurntheHeretic

BurntheHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

With the release of the Thousand Sons codex I want to fulfill a longtime dream and wield a thousand sons army!  I came up with the following list. Note that I'm aware that the rubricae are not the most competitive... but they are what makes the Thousand Sons the Thousand sons!

So the idea is simple: a big squad stands in the back, buffed by auras and powers for maximum potency, and supported by the vindicators for  tank busting. 2 squads with flamers race forward in their rhinos, and the termies jump in where needed.

I could swap out the 3 vindicators for 2 lascannon predators (more ranged firepower but less durability), and have some spare points. Also doubting wether to take the Exhalted Sorcerer, a normal sorcerer (to save some more points) or a terminator sorcerer (which could assist in the front lines) as a second HQ. 

On the one hand, I'm afraid this list will succumb under volume fire. On the other hand, no army will have enough D2 weapons to negate the +1 armour saves.. So if you would make your list more durable by including    some cannon fodder (2x25 cultists for 200 points for example), what would you drop? The terminators? 

Thousand Sons Batallion 

Ahriman                              [warlord, otherworldly presence]                                                                         131

smite, boom of mutation, temporal manipulation, tzeentch’s  firestorm

Exhalted sorcerer, force stave, plasma pistol                                    [helm of the third eye]                 127

smite, temporal manipulation, prescience

5 scarab occult terminators, 1x force stave, 4x p. sword, 4x inf. combibolter, soulr. cannon       216

smite, weaver of fates

20  rubric marines, 1 inferno bolt pistol, 17 inferno boltgun, 2 soulreaper cannon                           433

smite, glamour of tzeentch

10 rubric marines, 1 warpflame pistol & force stave, 5 inferno boltgun, 4 warpflamer                   265

smite, diabolic strength

10 rubric marines, 1warpflame pistol & force stave, 5 inferno boltgun, 4 warpflamer                    265

smite, gift of chaos

2x chaos rhino, with 2x combi-bolters                                                                                                                 158

3x chaos vindicator with havoc launchers and combi-bolters                                                                   414

1999 points.

Edited by BurntheHeretic, 05 February 2018 - 11:11 PM.

Are Verlo

Are Verlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I like av 1KS list with plenty of rubric marines. They and the sorcerors are what makes the 1KS what they are.

A list like yours would be a blast to play and play against in a friendly meta or a pick up game.

Edit: is there no other power than diabolic strenght for one of the aspiring sorcerors? The list does not have many prime targets for the buff?

Edited by Are Verlo, 06 February 2018 - 06:52 AM.

• BurntheHeretic likes this

BurntheHeretic

BurntheHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts

I like av 1KS list with plenty of rubric marines. They and the sorcerors are what makes the 1KS what they are.

That's exacty what I was thinking! That, and I'm not a big fan of the design of the Tzaangors myself.. 

As to diabolic strength.. sure, I could swap it out for another power, but with so many spykers on the board it's hard to not repeat the same spells (If I'm correct, you cant cast the same power twice in a turn). Anyway, I can think of scenarios where it might be useful to cast it on its own squad of Rubric Marines. After they set the enemy ablaze with their warpflamers, they can mop up the survivors with 21 S 6 attacks..

• Kite Senet likes this

Khalan

Khalan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

Since you dont choose psychic powers till you see the list/opponent, pre selecting them is not needed. Just choose what you need for the specific list/game.

Grimskar Bloodfart

Grimskar Bloodfart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

That's exacty what I was thinking! That, and I'm not a big fan of the design of the Tzaangors myself..

As to diabolic strength.. sure, I could swap it out for another power, but with so many spykers on the board it's hard to not repeat the same spells (If I'm correct, you cant cast the same power twice in a turn). Anyway, I can think of scenarios where it might be useful to cast it on its own squad of Rubric Marines. After they set the enemy ablaze with their warpflamers, they can mop up the survivors with 21 S 6 attacks..

Unfortunately Diabolic Strength affects a single model, not a whole unit.
  • BurntheHeretic likes this

BurntheHeretic

BurntheHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts

Unfortunately Diabolic Strength affects a single model, not a whole unit.

Well that changes things! Anyway, picking the right psychic power for each sorcerer isn't the highest priority whilst I'm slowly building my army. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users