Warpmiss' Hobby Blog - Chaos stuff

Warpmiss

I realized that I invest more time building/painting stuff when I share what I am working on so I decided to start this topic as a blog of sorts. It can also be very helpful for me to read people's comments on my stuff since I only started painting on September 2017.

It occurred to me to just create this topic in the CSM forum but since I'm thinking about getting some non-Chaos models I think it will fit better here. I also have several count-as non-GW models which I hope is ok to post in B&C but, just in case, I'll try to post pictures of them along with official GW ones.

So, let's get started!

On Sunday, February 4th, I got to try how it feels to paint models primed using Corax White (until now I had only tried Abbadon Black and Leadbelcher):

hMaDofj.jpg

I love the poxwalker models and they are my favorite ones to test new stuff in. I went on a shopping spree on Friday and this was my first time using washes that weren't Agrax Earthshade:

9Ti8CKJ.jpg

But for most of the day, the drone was the one that had my attention. I had left it half painted for a couple of months and now it went from this:

kvtCLQc.jpg

To this:

R5laCBP.jpg

mKidhqO.jpg

I started to work on that winged Daemon Prince of Nurgle in the background but no pics yet as I'm still testing things on him (mainly sick flesh).

I have no idea how many layers of things I tried on that drone's flesh and I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the result. I will probably leave it like that or else I may end up ruining it!

Also, did you sculpt the thing with the seashell on its back?

I wish! It's a Snail Monster from Scibor.

Also, when I'm feeling more confident painting sick-looking flesh, I will get to work on my count-as GUO, also from Scibor: http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=682 It could also work as a DP of Slaanesh, I think. Got this bad boy before the new GUO was announced because I loved the model. What's more, the GUO, as cool as it is, is way more expensive than what I'm willing to pay for a single model at the moment.

A pair of earrings for myself, actually!

I love being able to wear shirts/necklaces from my different 'fandoms' but I haven't had much luck getting 40k jewellery so I decided to make my own with a couple of spare chainswords I had. :tongue.:

Thats actually a really cool idea, cheap to replace if you loose one as well. 

A pair of earrings for myself, actually!

I love being able to wear shirts/necklaces from my different 'fandoms' but I haven't had much luck getting 40k jewellery so I decided to make my own with a couple of spare chainswords I had. :tongue.:

The other earring needs to be a bolter

The Nurgling in your picture would make a good bit of jewellery as well. :wub:

What kit does the chainsword come from? Mk3 Armour? Just what I need to finish off my  Blood Claws. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Thanks everyone! I would have liked to finish the earrings for this weekend but at this rate is going to be impossible!

Do show me if you start producing your own 40k jewellery!

OMG, I had forgotten about the spare bolters! I can probably salvage 2 of them for another couple of earrings!

What kit does the chainsword come from? Mk3 Armour? Just what I need to finish off my Blood Claws.

Nurglings as jewellery?? :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yep, it's from the MK3 guys!

Thanks everyone! I would have liked to finish the earrings for this weekend but at this rate is going to be impossible!

Do show me if you start producing your own 40k jewellery!

OMG, I had forgotten about the spare bolters! I can probably salvage 2 of them for another couple of earrings!

What kit does the chainsword come from? Mk3 Armour? Just what I need to finish off my Blood Claws.

Nurglings as jewellery?? :wub::wub::wub:

Yep, it's from the MK3 guys!

Mr Sassypants would have to be cast from the finest platinum or gold though. No other metals are worthy...

Unless you wanted to cast him from a toxic substance... Might be more befitting Nurgle that way. :wink: