Upside down bolter on the grey hunter upgrade pack 2

Huggtand

Not my email, but figured would be of interest:

WjtDgAy.png

Oops:

Zp4j8Ph.jpg

I think the alarming thing about this  is the fact that two emails got separate responses. 

Forgeworld did make a mistake but I dont think they had any intention of acknowledging it without the amount of noise made by the community. 

A bit like praetor, the learneans at the moment FW seem to have given the latest design choices to the work experience kids

Whoever designed Angelos for them should find another line of work.

There's a rumor that the sculptor quit.  If true, I'd feel bad about that.  The Varagyr's heads didn't all look like they were placed logically in that armor, but I thought they were well sculpted, and would've liked that guy to do heads for the White Scars.  There've been other models that looked fine except for oversized heads, like that Blood Ravens guy or the new shield-captain.

But yeah, these bolters and the Varagyr/praetor's issues seem rushed.  Which is probably what happened.

but if so, good riddance.

Edited by Ugolino

Not my email, but figured would be of interest:

WjtDgAy.png

Oops:

Zp4j8Ph.jpg

I think the alarming thing about this  is the fact that two emails got separate responses. 

Forgeworld did make a mistake but I dont think they had any intention of acknowledging it without the amount of noise made by the community. 

Long term, things like this issue come back to the old point of, internal confirmation bias is always a risk, especially until all internal context and confirmation bias potential are ruled out by seeking an outside opinion. That two different emails got different responses is somewhat worrying; however, without the first, would we ever have really gotten to the second?

I wonder, and that, is the real crux of this matter.

Sure, my email may have led to the right inquiry, it also might have been the sheer weight of emails, of which two stand out, that we currently know of. I am glad to see them willing to do the right thing by their customers. That, and above all, providing proper bits is a great step to show that, "Hey, we goofed."

PSA:

THIS EMAIL IS FAKE.

CONFIRMED ON FACEBOOK BY A FORGE WORLD EMPLOYEE.

Not my email, but figured would be of interest:WjtDgAy.png

Just wanted to say I emailed FW about the email. Trusting a random guy on FB is just as trustworthy as a random email pic. FW did confirm it is, sadly, a fake. I'd rather not post a pic of my email, sorry.

This was a chance the "New GW" was responding to consumer feedback and "fixing" what they did. All we learn from this was that at least FW will not adjust direction once they have finalized a product. What's funny is that being open with their consumers and showing off the product 3d sculpt before production would have resolved this issue.

We also suspect FW QA may be slipping, let us hope not and it is just this set.

This was a chance the "New GW" was responding to consumer feedback and "fixing" what they did. All we learn from this was that at least FW will not adjust direction once they have finalized a product. What's funny is that being open with their consumers and showing off the product 3d sculpt before production would have resolved this issue.

We also suspect FW QA may be slipping, let us hope not and it is just this set.

To be fair, Forgeworld's QA when it comes to the final resin product shipping out to the customers' hands has historically been a bit of a flaming fecal pile. This is just them implementing practices to be consistent in-house, too! :teehee: