Imperial Fist transfers, which one to use

TheGreenWombat

Hey!

Im new to 40k and just got myself the Dark Imperium box set.  Just finished my first Space Marine and received my Imperial Fist Transfert from Forge world.  But now Im lost....

Ive checked online and havent found the exact meaning of all the logos on the transfert sheet.  Beside the Fist on the left shoulder I have know idea of wich logo to use and if that would even change anything gameplay wise.  I guess X logo mean X type of infantry of something?

Does anyone have information about this?  a link of where I could find the information that im looking for? 

Here is my first Primaris and information I found aobut shoulder pad + the actual transfert sheet.

Thx!  Looking forward to paint all that army and Finally try the game :biggrin.:

First Primaris

ImperialFist Shoulder research

ImperialFistsTransferSheet

Hi, So the transfers you have there are pre-heresy designs. They can still be used as post heresy if you want just thought id let you know. Additionally if you refer to the 8th edition codex you should find all the markings there. Imperial Fists follow the codex astartes to the letter, so i believe icon on left shoulder, and on the right should the type of unit they are, so an arrow is a battleline, a cross is close support, that sort of thing. the squad number then goes either on the middle of the right shoulderpad or the righ kneepad, there are mixed schools of thought on this

Cool thx!

Ok so I bought useless ish transfert that cost me alot with exchange rate XP that will teach me, but I got exited...  I guess using Pre heresy on post herasy stuff if basically what heresy is in itself.

I dont even have full size arrow, cross line and support  :/  Ill look into those

I havent got my codex yet, so I might wait to get it to make sure. 

But again thx!

Ancient honoured armour, relics and more would be blessed to have their early emblems. No waste at all- plus you can use the Templar Cross and Twin Axes as campaign markings of working with the BT or Executioners, if not build some smaller cousin-units as part of your army.

Are the battle line arrows on that sheet small? There's a load of them on there. Never seen that sheet in person so not sure.

Your other option is to just paint your squad markings on. The IF logos on that sheet are probably better than the standard gw ones anyway so use them!

Excellent paint job though. Must have taken a while!