Danny Cyanide does Imperial Guard - Elysians and DKOK

Danny Cyanide

Here are the remaining components of my "Trooping the Colour" vow:

jB7VTic.jpg

3 Company Commanders and a Tauros Assault Vehicle.

I've decided to use Scions as my Company Commanders because they are often pendant attached to Elysian Regiments and aid in their training. I also just wanted my Commanders to stand out from the crowd of Elysians. Plus I'm not using any other Scions in this Army, so it shouldn't confuse anyone!

Well I got some stuff done last night, so here's how things are looking now:

Everything that's built so far:

d0JUEee.jpg

Infantry squad 1 complete:

51htW57.jpg

Infantry squad 2 complete (except for a single plasma gun which will be getting painted up tonight):

63ezDjj.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

So I finished my first Company Commander (Scion) miniature today and tidied up the rims on all of the bases, so I figured I'd take some pictures in better lighting of everything.

Company Commander 1:

FA5ecfm.jpg

First infantry squad:

41zvhIF.jpg

Second infantry squad:

ZK3W1mL.jpg

Group shot:

8bmhEpy.jpg

Started writing on the Tauros Assault Vehicle tonight. There are a couple of things I'd have done differently if I had assembled the vehicle myself, like leave the roll cage off until after painting the driver, but since it was bought used I'm stuck with what I've got.

Here's the progression through the night:

Base costs

i7tQPOw.jpg

Wash

BiBLPCo.jpg

Tan brought back to base colour

UrPrlbF.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Got some time tonight to finish this baby off:

ORUIDMP.jpg

ix3r89s.jpg

ZMUvIzx.jpg

I do plan on dusting it up in the future with some chalk pastel weathering, but that won't be right away as I'm away from home for work, so I'm calling her finished for now.

Congrats on finishing up all these models!

Seeing your desert scheme mixed with a bot of green reminds me of a late 1990s article that ran in White Dwarf. It featured a mostly Tallarn force (with an assassin and some Sisters of Battle) that had a similar color scheme

I'd love to actually do up a detachment of converted Tallarn down the road, but I've got these guys and a bunch of Krieg in line first!

I'm not a fan of the GW plastics for gaurd, and I'd want more variety than the metal Tallarn offer, so I'm mulling over possible kit bash options that would maintain the ability to pay at GW sanctioned events.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

If gw tried to throw its weight around up here after abandoning tournament players and then spitting in our collective eyes with age of sigmar they would be laughed out of town. Wysiwyg and rule of cool trump corporate greed in western Canadian tournaments for now.

You do you! Your hobby skills are inspiring. Keep it up!

No, the bases so far are just cracked mud. They will be getting some dried grass once I get back to civilization and can find a hobby shop. I figured that concrete barriers could be found on pretty much any battlefield in the 41st millennium, as they are quick to deploy and are cheap to produce.