Danny Cyanide does Imperial Guard - Elysians and DKOK

Danny Cyanide

Another update for the Army, I finished my second vow for Trooping the Colour today:

Infantry squad 2:

K5SZOF2.jpg

Missile launcher squad:

BoEocev.jpg

Commissar:

ntGAEwV.jpg

Vow 2 Group:

jVAapxB.jpg

Considering a third vow, maybe to start my Krieg contingent.

Thanks Lord Commissar Fish and Tallarn Commander! The concrete barriers are pretty much just trimmed pour castings left over from clipping out all the Elysians!

I figured since I've pledged to start my Krieg for my third vow, and since I won't be bringing any finished minis back out to work with me when I leave again tomorrow, that I'd take a group shot of all the Elysians I've done since starting this log:

VUWlPaR.jpg

Works out to 56 infantry and one small vehicle.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Well I decided that I'd make use of my flight time today by writing the 3 Lore pieces for my third vow:

Elysian 127th Drop Regiment:

Founded in 092M42 in the wake of the Great Rift dividing the universe, the Elysian 127th is still a very young regiment. The127th is led by High Commander Ezra Stoughton, a Tempestor that was permanently attached to the Regiment at is founding. All the officers of this regiment are Scions that came with Stoughton to form and train the newly founded 127th.

Notable Campaigns:

Unnamed Rok

While still in the early days of the Regiments formation, Elysian Cadets boarded and scuttled a large Ork Rok that was headed for Armageddon. Many casualties were taken, but the reinforcements that were bound for Armageddon never arrived.

Stavrak V

The 127th astropath received a distress call from the nearby mining colony of Stavrak V, Stoughton jumped at the opportunity to give his Cadets more real world fighting experience. 2000 men and women were dropped into a vicious Dark Eldar raid. The Elysians fought well and were able to drive the Eldar back into the Webway, and only 21% of the drop force was lost.

Forge World Bracken III

The Elysian 127th was requested to send a contingent of men to assault a newly awakened Necron Tomb on the Forge World of Bracken III. Although they were assured support from the Skitarii forces, once they landed they were completely in their own. Of the 1953 men sent to Bracken III only 131 managed to make their way to extraction. Fighting continues on Bracken III.

Monii XIV

Located on the Eastern Fringe, Monii XIV was an Imperial Pleasure World that suddenly stopped communicating with the Administration, and many high Imperial dignitaries that has taken solace there has not returned. A small drop force of 30 Elysians from the 127th were sent to investigate. They found that the pleasure world was still active, but that task blue skinned Xenos had somehow convinced the population to defect from the Imperium. A full-scale drop Assault of Monii XIV was planned, and 4 full companies of troops were sent. The small Xenos contingent was swiftly destroyed and the local populace was rounded up. The planet was then turned over to the Ordo Hereticus for Judgement.

High Commander Stoughton:

“Elysia…. I've worked so hard for so many years to wind up on a dump like Elysia?”

Tempestor Stoughton was a proud soldier, and he had worked his whole life, literally as far back as he could remember with the goal of achieving the stunning black jacket awarded to Tempestor Primes in recognition of their command. Instead, he had been sent to Elysia to oversee the founding of the Elysian 127th Drop Regiment.

“This is a complete disgrace, to send a man of my caliber to oversee a bunch of Astra Militarum nobodies!”

“Knock it off Ezra, you aren't the only one being sent on this assignment” Snapped Vargus. They had been students at the Schola Progenium together and had known each other from childhood. “this is the ultimate challenge for men like us, take a bunch of Elysian PDF slop and create the greatest fighting force the Astra Militarum has ever seen!”

“Go suck a Nurgling Vargus”. Stoughton snapped. “I'm meant to lead Scions, not this drivel”

6 weeks later:

“So, you are the slop that I'm supposed to train?” Stoughton shouted at the assembled regiment. Before him stood thousands of young men and women, volunteers from Elysia whom had recently finished their mandatory year of service in the Elysian PDF.

” I’ve seen Orks that look like they have more brains than you lot! You may think that you know something, having spent the last year fighting Pirates in the space around Elysia, but you haven't seen anything! You aren't even worth Grox dung!” Stoughton continued.

“I am Tempestor Stoughton, High Commander of the Elysian 127th, and when I'm done with you, those of you that survive will be worth 3 of any other Regiments men! That said, as of now, you mean nothing to me, and I expect at least 25% of you will not survive to call themselves Guardsmen”

1 year later:

Stoughton looked out at the parade square and he smiled. So much has changed over this past year. He saw before him 3286 young men and women who has pushed themselves to their limits. They had been trained harder than any other troops enlisting in the Astra Militarum. He looked out over the mass of soldiers and he felt a great deal of pride.

These young men and women had learned to shoot, how to fight and most importantly, how to grav insert into combat zones. They had tested their mettle against Orks heading for Armageddon and had stood fast against a small Eldar invasion of the nearby mining planet Stavrak 5.

“Today” he bellowed across the parade square “you are no longer nothing. Today you have earned my respect and have earned the title of Elysian Drop Troops in recognition of your dedication and skill! You are the finest soldiers the Astra Militarum has to offer, and I am proud to call you my men!”

Sgt Alex Sylmar - Escape from Bracken III

Alex has been one of the initial group of inductees to the 127th at its founding. He had fought a variety of enemies both before and since his graduation such a the green skinned Orks and the lightning fast Eldar, but this was something different. Nothing he had seen before could have prepared him for these seemingly immortal men of metal that stood before him.

“Take cover” he shouted to his squad as the field became illuminated by the strange Green glow of these enemies’ weapons.

“is no use Sgt, we've been shooting these things, but even though they go down they get back up moments later! They can't be killed!”

“That's nonsense!” Sgt Sylmar snapped back “Everything can be killed!” rolling over to where a dead troopers plasma gun lay in the dirt. He grabbed the gun, popped up from cover and vaporized one of the metal men.

“let's see him get up from that! “He chuckled. “Quick find any plasma or melta gunners that have been slain! Their weapons put these things out for good!”

There had been over 1900 men dropped on Bracken III, and most of them were now dead, so finding energy weapons was not that difficult, though it was a gruesome task. Sylmar had gathered a group of 14 troopers together amidst the carnage, and they had managed to find 7 plasma guns and 3 melta gun amongst the dead. “Alright Elysians, let's get out of this death trap!”

They had been promised Mechanicus support, but no matter how many times they tried to call for artillery, there was no answer over the vox. The Mechanicus contingent had obviously been delayed in reaching the front lines to provide the vital support needed by the Elysian 127th.

“Valkyrie 473, come in, this is Sylmar, need extraction over” he called into the vox while crawling across the ground.

“Sylmar, this is Valkyrie 473, extraction is not possible at your location, please make your way to sector 87 where a landing zone has been cleared.”

“That's roughly 7 km from our current position!” Sylmar shouted. He and his team continued to fall back, shooting the metal men, exchanging burnt out energy weapons for fresh ones whenever they came across one. “Can command send any air support?”

“Affirmative Sylmar. Vultures inbound to your location now. ETA 12 minutes!”

The group continued to fight as they fell back towards the extraction zone. 3 more men were cut down by metal men that has draped themselves in the flesh of their dead Elysian brothers.

“Fire to the rear!” Sylmar shouted as he saw the grotesque figures cut down the rear guard of his group.

Brrrraaaappppp! Brrrraaaappppp! Brrrraaaappppp! Brrrraaaappppp! The sound of Punisher cannons filled the air and the deadly shells brought the disgusting flesh covered machines down!

“Good to see you’re still holding in there Sylmar!” rang out across the vox. “you guys keep low, well cover you too the extraction site! This whole mission is messed up!”.

“Thank the Emperor, your timing couldn't have been any better!” Sylmar responded to the Vulture pilot. “Alright men, only 3 more clicks to the LZ! Keep your heads down, keep your guns hot, and try to get the guy next to you out of here alive!”

------------------------------------------------------------

Of the 1953 Elysians deployed on Bracken III, only 131 managed to make it back alive. Sgt Sylmar guided 11 Elysians to safety and they were all awarded Veteran Status.

The conflict on Bracken III has been ongoing, and has received reinforcments from The Deathwatch, The Krieg 111th Combined Battle Group, as well as Knight Households that has close ties with Bracken III.

I hope you guys enjoy them! I had fun writing them!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Thanks Lord Commissar Fish and Tallarn Commander! The concrete barriers are pretty much just trimmed pour castings left over from clipping out all the Elysians!

I figured since I've pledged to start my Krieg for my third vow, and since I won't be bringing any finished minis back out to work with me when I leave again tomorrow, that I'd take a group shot of all the Elysians I've done since starting this log:

VUWlPaR.jpg

Works out to 56 infantry and one small vehicle.

That's a great little force painted up in just seven weeks, and I felt that merely "liking" your post with the army shot was not enough. Hats off to you sir, that is a very commendable effort! :)

Great little force, even though it looks like a Tau army from a distance on a phone screen. :P Better order an artillery strike just to be sure.

The Etherials they ran into on Monii XIV would beg to disagree! Lol! They will be getting some sort from the Krieg 111th Battle Group over the next few weeks, which might include some earthshaker batteries after the Trooping the Colour is complete!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Well I thought I'd switch it up a bit after painting over 50 Elsians.  If you read the background for Sgt Sylmar you will know of the horrific losses the Elysian 127th took on Bracken III.  While they were not able to find victory without support, The Krieg 111th Combined Battle Group excels in high risk warfare.  These fearless soldiers live only to lay their lives down for the Emperor, and once they reached Bracken III, that is exactly what many of them have done. 

I'd like to introduce to you the first troops of the 111t hKrieg Combined Battle Group:

MvTQEtN.jpg?1 

I do have plans to eventually do an army of all the Imperial forces that fought at Bracken III, Elysians, Krieg, Deathwatch, Mechanicus and Imperial Knights, but this log will only cover the Guard side of my hobby!  They will also remain the sole focus until I get a playable 2000 point force done between the two regiments!

The leather on their gloves and boots don’t match! What a terrible fashion faux pas, I’m sure kriegers are terribly concerned with that kind of thing.

Well painted enough though that I can forgive their apparel oversight!

Well done. A pity their masks don't have skulls painted on them, as described in fluff; but that's a TINY surface to paint on, and I understand if you don't want to risk making them look like clowns.

That's the Grenadiers that have skull masks, and if they go back into production at Forge World, or if I can find some affordable used ones there will definitely be a group added to the 111th!

The leather on their gloves and boots don’t match! What a terrible fashion faux pas, I’m sure kriegers are terribly concerned with that kind of thing.

Well painted enough though that I can forgive their apparel oversight!

The Quartermaster has decreed that matching boots and belts are the only concern! They will be getting black glove by the time they are finished, still won't match but Krieg wear what the Quartermaster supplies! Lol!

Thanks Boomslang!

A little more progress on my Krieg Vow for Trooping the Colour, I've got all 3 squads base coated, their jackets shaded, as well as their gas masks and leg wraps are brought up to their proper colour:

Group Shot:

dZZFE03.jpg?1

Infantry Squad 1:

G6xM7BY.jpg?1

I'm feeling pretty good about getting them done by the deadline now!  

Is the concrete barrier, on your missile HWT on p1, from a Forge World kit?

The concrete barriers are made from the pour resin that you cut the dudes off of!  It's just the scrap that is used to fill the mold when they pour. 

Let me introduce you to the two fine Gentlemen that I'll be working on today, Built and named in Honour of our fine Moderation Staff here in the Astra Militarum Forum:

lY6Chjt.jpg?1

On the left with the Power Sword we have Commmissar Barton le Fissh

On the right wielding the deadly Las Pistol stands Commissar Darius Von Duzik

Death or glory my Brothers! And thanks for dedicating so much of your time to the AM forum!