Danny Cyanide does Imperial Guard - Elysians and DKOK

Danny Cyanide

Well, I managed to get all of the base colors blocked in on my engineers today. They still have a ways to go, but are starting to take shape.

They recieved a wash off Agrax Earth just now before I head to bed, so that'll be nice and dry in the morning tomorrow!

Group:

lTLItIt.jpg

One of the squads:

IwbVsAO.jpg

Looking good bro!

The rust marks on the infernus seem a lil bright/harsh to me- I know the matte will

Knock it down some yet still seems ... like a bit much to me.

Did you decide on mud pigments?

I’m a huge fan of weathering and look forward to seeing these finished up.

As far as infernus in the table I found mine to be a fire magnet and unit destroyer. With the hellhounds flanking it I think your opponents will be hard pressed to deal with the triple threat.

If you scale up to 1750 are you planning on stormchimeras/centaurs to move your units up?

Thanks for the feedback lionofjudah. The streaking is definitely heavier in the Malcador, so I might go back and try to fade it out a little more.

As for transports, I haven't got any yet, and I've made my self a commitment to work through my pile of shame before buying any new models. That leaves me with 15 Deatheiders, about 2000 points of Deathwatch, 2000 points of Elysians that I bought when they went up on last chance to buy, and 8 Knights to do, so there won't be any transports in the immediate future, but I do think it'd be fun to work out a mechanised list for these guys down the road!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Commendable or embarrassing, I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to painting it all! Lol

I finished up the 15 Engineers today, so I'm getting closer to reaching my goal. All that remains is 30 Grenadiers and basing, which I'll do for all of the infantry together!

Group shot:

5mfcz0Y.jpg

Squad 1

8ioJ6th.jpg

Squad 2

1ZTT7ml.jpg

Squad 3

FlrX5RX.jpg

Hand here is one of the engineers with one of my line infantry to see how the 2 uniforms go together:

XN6qXBB.jpg

I'm quite happy with how they turned out, and with how the 2 color schemes look next to each other!

Thank you Bjorn! I'm having a blast getting through these guys!

I did bunch of work in the first 15 of my 30 Gerenadiers today. I just need to bring the masks back up with a highlight, the brown leather highlights, gold on the helmet Eagles, and figure out what color to do the hot shot cables!

f532JPU.jpg

dpm9f1N.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

They will get bases to match the rest of my DKOK, mud, skulls and some snow.

VnYa9eV.jpg

Lo1twWJ.jpg

This is a group shot of the army before I started this rush to get a 1500 point force painted by my 1 year anniversary of returning to 40k:

cuTPdth.jpg

I'm looking forward to posting a group shot once I've reached my goal!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Today I completed my painting goal, by finishing up my final 15 Grenadiers! That makes it 45 infantry painted in 6 days since Jan 17!

09yupu1.jpg

sMHofef.jpg

So all that I have left to complete my goal by Feb 6th is basing!

While I was going through my case today I found 20 Krieg Infantry that I had painted months ago but not based, so I'll be doing them at this time as well!

So that leaves me 65 infantry to base:

f8cb9hn.jpg

I also somehow wound up really miscalculating what I needed to paint to get to 1500 points, as I just added everything up that I've painted and came up with a total of 1846 points painted! I think I missed punching the Malcador into my original calculation!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

So I'm really almost there, and I'm close enough to post up what is finished, or at least almost finished!

I still have to paint the 2 Leman Russ Tank Commanders, and matte varnish the vehicles, which I plan on doing tomorrow, and once that is done I'll be taking a nice group shot of my entire DKOK Army!

Group shot of finished challenge minis:

2JzGaYb.jpg

Grenadiers:

zfxGPgd.jpg

lFrMqTx.jpg

BdpkLyd.jpg

Engineers:

X46g0qk.jpg

cVZzcoy.jpg

ceFv03M.jpg

Thanks for all of the support and encouragement! I'm looking forward to posting the full army tomorrow!