New Fluff discussion

Next up - Imperial daemons...

You mean Legion of the Damned, the Sanguinor etc? ^^

Exactly! I forgot about the Sanguinor though.

Look, if GW can make money from it (and they would) then it'll happen. I don't like it (I have 30k for Sons loyalists) but I get that others do. :)

I find the concept of the Sons suddenly going loyalist a bit of a stretch. This is an Imperium that has fallen for 10,000 years, after all; any Sons who still hold to lofty ambitions of restoring the glory of the old Imperium would hardly turn to the current Imperium as a basis on which to build it.

Besides, there's good reason for them to still hate the Emperor, considering he targeted them at the Council of Nikea and all that. At best he was pretty evidently as much a pawn of Fate as any was, and at worst he was just an awful leader and a hateful hypocrite.

So, no; I think the majority of any pro-human, anti-chaos Thousand Sons subfaction would likely not join the Imperium, but rather begin to build and unify a human empire of their own.

....So, no; I think the majority of any pro-human, anti-chaos Thousand Sons subfaction would likely not join the Imperium, but rather begin to build and unify a human empire of their own.

Oooh I can get behind this!

Here's to us seceding from chaos and setting up our own empire!  Kinda like how Sortiarius is no longer in the warp...[Cue Fleetwoods' 'Go your own way' in 3,2,1...]

I'm very sure we won't see loyalists TSons now that they got a chaos Codex. Tho the thought of it from a lore point of view is pretty cool. That applies to any loyalist chapter or traiter legion switching sides tho and is not TSons specific. ;)

So, no; I think the majority of any pro-human, anti-chaos Thousand Sons subfaction would likely not join the Imperium, but rather begin to build and unify a human empire of their own.

Well yeah, that's called Renegades. And Renegades aren't much different than Traitors for the Imperium anyway. :P

I think that the most logical progression would be a Dark Angels situation for the TS. Neither loyalist or chaos, they would be looking to achieve their own goals, whatever they may be. I mentioned this in another post some time ago, it'd be nice to see a few more factions that could mix between Imperium and Chaos with good supported rules. Dark Angels and Thousand Sons seem to be most applicable to this direction.

Magnus could trick the trickster with the help of Ahriman.

Marines remain as Rubrics if they're not willing to work towards the goal of the Magister, or only a select are able to come back from the Rubric, or TS subject the opposition to the Rubric to supplement their forces as they attempt to bring back their chosen few.

A lot of neat possibilities. That's the luxury of writing TS I think, as long as the plot is deceptive, full of surprise, and supplies some sorcerery you can pull off a lot.

YOu could also see a Loyal Tsons forming a "Deathwatch" of sorts.

where they take librarians/psykers and train them in as much a scientific way as possible.

then if you mix the training with shaman training from the scars / wolves, channel the warp through planets/planet deities as an extra safeguard to buffer You could see some neat things forming.

And Tson "psywatch" doing a mixture of deathwatch and grey knight duties. ad a dash of Order Chronos ties then you get time travelin' bill and issakaar adventures!

YOu could also see a Loyal Tsons forming a "Deathwatch" of sorts.

where they take librarians/psykers and train them in as much a scientific way as possible.

then if you mix the training with shaman training from the scars / wolves, channel the warp through planets/planet deities as an extra safeguard to buffer You could see some neat things forming.

And Tson "psywatch" doing a mixture of deathwatch and grey knight duties. ad a dash of Order Chronos ties then you get time travelin' bill and issakaar adventures!

I'm sure that's what would have happened had the Heresy not occurred. Makes sense for loyalists to do this, sure.

Personally I think all this sounds terrible. Magnus already basically said at the end of crimson king the imperium was a failure, and he was collecting knowledge to aid the civilization that arises from its ashes after the long war.

The only thing I can possibly see about some Tsons factions turning loyalist would be if Ahriman successfully reverses the rubric. Boom all of a sudden you have an army of mortal adeptus astartes again with no idea what has happened after prospero the past 10k years. While some would look at the daemonic monster Thousand Sons have become, most would be loyal to their legion and remember their Martyrdom at Prospero. Down with the space fascists!

Then it sounds like some of you will have a new blood feud with new loyalist faction, lol.  Just kidding, kidding.

I actually brought up the idea pre dex release, I think on this thread, that making this group with shades of the Fallen might be cool.

Archived