We Need More Activity: Codex Discussion and More

Karack Blackstone

pulls out aluminum foil

---------

I've been thinking.

I Think Fulgrim is next with the Emperors children and slaanesh.

---

This puts Roboute into a situation that feels helpless, he is out numbered, 1v3, the deamon primarchs are all attacking different sectors straining Guillimans ability to coordinate effectively. Guiliman feels as though the imperium is about to collapse.

---------

tin foil hat.

Wolves arent in 2018.

WOlves are in 2019, spring.

It is a dual kit,

Odin russ

- Spear( Uses the spear the emperor gave him, (now russ has to stab the emperor with it, so the emperor remembers what and who he once was 10k years ago))

- Rune lord, he mastered the runes and can now use runic magics (magnus hinted that russ was much like himself, a psyker, he just rejected it subconsciously)

MOrkai the God wolf of fenris ( Freki and Greki spirits merged )

- A huge model, No; russ doesnt ride it.

- Its a MC, and has special abilities, can cast some spells, WOrld wolf howl, Jaws of fenris and gives Fenrisian wolves and thunder wolves a 6+ FNP. within 6".

I would love to see a Daemon Primarch Fulgrim. Emperors Children are in the Chaos codex though, so are World Eaters. Deathguard and Thousand Sons are not so that’s why they have their own codexes. As an Ork player too I’m waiting for Orks and Space Wolves. I think although they are last on the list I don’t think armies are going to have a re-do of rules that are already upto date before we get those codexes.

@triszin

It would be a serious breach of stated intent from GW if the wolves weren't released until 2019. They stated their intent as all codexes within a year of 8th release. If they missed by a couple months (Ie we came out in July or August) that would be forgivable I think as the amount of material is huge (though I would be a bit annoyed due to the amount of new armies and stuff that have been taking up time). But 6 months to a year late would have the community in an uproar. And i think GW (especially their current business model) understand that would be bad.

That said, I could see what you are saying about a primarch release for imperium not coming until 2019. The 1 v 3 dire situation is an interesting plot driver and would really bring a wolf time feel to the setting. So maybe no Russ in the dex but a later release for russ. That could work imho. But I would be shocked not to see a sec by the end of summer

Suggestion for a stratagem: SW's can fire bolters at enemies that are within 1 inch of an ally. Kinda plays on the CC and melee aspects. 1 unit is in melee while tying up an enemy the other shoots at close range while in support.

One of the Dark eldar Haem Covens just got it for 1 CP. 1's being resolved against friendlies.

My main ask would be a strat that mitigates fallbacks or Fly shenanigans. Something rolling in counter charge or something, like a d6 move to pursue. 

Suggestion for a stratagem: SW's can fire bolters at enemies that are within 1 inch of an ally. Kinda plays on the CC and melee aspects. 1 unit is in melee while tying up an enemy the other shoots at close range while in support.

One of the Dark eldar Haem Covens just got it for 1 CP. 1's being resolved against friendlies.

My main ask would be a strat that mitigates fallbacks or Fly shenanigans. Something rolling in counter charge or something, like a d6 move to pursue. 

I believe there is an imperial guard stratagem that does basically the same thing

I have a blood angels friend who was trying to figure out how to add shooting to his melee oriented army and he shared it with me a while back

Google tells me it is the Fire On My Command regimental order for Valhallan troops

I would LOVE a strategem to prevent withdrawals outright, or a chapter tactic that requires a speed test (e.g.: d6 + speed, ties to defender).

My wolves have always been primarily melee oriented. Consequently, the 8th edition rule that allows anyone to fall back from combat and then allows all their buddies to light my boys up with every gun in their line is something I would love to have a way around.

Some combination of the following would make me one happy Wolf Lord:

1) enemy units locked in combat with a space wolves unit cannot fall back

AND/OR

2) if an enemy unit falls back from combat (or is destroyed in combat) the space wolves unit they were locked in combat with may immediately make a charge move against any enemy unit in range as if it was the space wolf player's turn

Give me both of those and I couldn't ask for much more.

1) enemy units locked in combat with a space wolves unit cannot fall back

I would love this as written but judging from my friends faces when i pitch it I doubt it would land in that form.

Thats why i mentioned the d6" move. It would effectively mean a 5+ in most cases, and it you maneuver it could be way better. I do like the old school hit and run roll off (d6+M(*I)) maybe as a chapter tactic with a strat that boosts it?

2) if an enemy unit falls back from combat (or is destroyed in combat) the space wolves unit they were locked in combat with may immediately make a charge move against any enemy unit in range as if it was the space wolf player's turn

Lol gross. I love it. It would side buff terminators and wulfen pretty substantially. 

What do you guys think the chances of SWs receiving new Grey Hunter models/sprue/boxset?

I know the kit isn't necessarily that old but it is definitely a few years behind the newest Space Marine tactical kit that came out a few years ago. It's not a terrible kit but it would be nice to see a few of the components updated. Maybe additional marks of armor

I'd be surprised to see GH / BC / etc. get an update on the kit.  I'm expecting us to get Primaris with SW icons / bits / etc. and maybe some special adaptions of the captain / librarians.  I'd be surprised if we get much more than that outside of the potential character in the rumored box.  If it is a 13th Company mixed box, would be interesting to see if they don't spin it as an Old & New to help SW get access to some of the older FW models.

*Mind wanders to Leman Russ riding a Leman Russ out of the warp ala Dr. Stranglove*

Archived