VS Custodes

Kilofix

Posting here cause I’m having some trouble killing Custodes JetBikes in CC.

14” move almost assures that they get the charge and they have T6, 2+,4++, W5. Even against Deathguard, DPs or Mortarion (at equivalent points) I end up on the losing end.

With Thousand Sons or CSM, Death Hex works wonders but I haven’t found a good solution with just DG and Nurgle.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Don't compare stuff in a vacuum. If you can't beat units with equal points then use more points and once you're done with that unit go over to the next. Also Mortal wounds help a lot against Custodes and luckily DG have access to them.

Since they have a 4++ everywhere focus on AP-1 and AP-2 weapons with lots of attacks/shots and decent strength, but that much should be a nobrainer.

A squad of 10 Plague Marines, supported by a Biologus Putrifier, chaos lord/demon prince, and malignant plague caster, throwing grenades at those bikes after whatever they charged has fallen back. Then a follow up assault with Blades of Putrefaction, and Putrescent vitality. Use veterans of the long war during the shooting phase and assault phase to ensure you're generating mortal wounds on 5s. 

Happy hunting.

Yeah, the Poxbringer will up them to S5 and if you take Epidemius you can get them to S6... although getting mileage out of the Tally against Custodes may be a bit difficult. Let's not also forget big bads like Rotigus. 

I almost feel with Custodes (just guessing here) that you want to stay out of CC with these guys due to the sheer damage rolls they get if they wound. This makes DR so important, but does minimize it a bit.

I really don't know about the Nurgle daemons but I do feel strongly about mortal wounds being their weakness. Other than that I think it will be about weight of low end dice. I like volumes of firepower (even Blightlords) like Stormbolters with VotLW. Make them throw a lot of saving dice.

They will have a small model count of course but the bikes are pure gold (pun intended), making mobility another issue, and the fact I don't think you can sandbag them with cheap, unbreakable units.