Imperial Guard Regiments from Knight Worlds?

Gree

Hi, I was wondering if there was any lore on Imperial Guard regiments being raised from Knight Worlds. Or more specifically Imperial-aligned Knight Worlds. They apparently do pay the Imperial tithe, though I'm unsure if Guard regiments would be raised from such worlds. I have not found any indication of such so far in the lore.

I've been working on my own homebrew Knight House, and I wanted to make sure. I am aware that one can do anything with their homebrew lore, but I was wondering if there was any precedent for Imperial Guard regiments being raised from Knight Worlds.

Edited by Gree

House Varlock from DoW III has auxiliaries that garrison their fortresses. I would imagine that even Knight houses would be supported by their equivalent of "peasant companies". Looks like Varlock has some pretty solid gear for their soldiers, but I can imagine that some Knight Worlds probably would look good with Britonian Men at Arms bodies and helmets with guard bits added. I do not think that the fluff goes into great detail though.

75b9cba6b599ee38274498d2dff7c43f.png

Regiments are typically not raised from such worlds as Knight Worlds pay their tithe through the contributions of the Knights themselves to the Imperial war efforts. However, most worlds probably raise some form of PDF that goes to war with them, providing a similar role for knights that secutarri do for titans.

Agreed,Knight Worlds will more than likely have there own house troops. Personally,unless it is canon,a known world,(Catachan,Valhalla,Mordia),and so on why not. It's your world and as long as it doesn't break,too many rules do it. You can justify anything if you want. There is one thing that is important though. Pictures! Edited by walter h

House Varlock from DoW III has auxiliaries that garrison their fortresses. I would imagine that even Knight houses would be supported by their equivalent of "peasant companies". Looks like Varlock has some pretty solid gear for their soldiers, but I can imagine that some Knight Worlds probably would look good with Britonian Men at Arms bodies and helmets with guard bits added. I do not think that the fluff goes into great detail though.

75b9cba6b599ee38274498d2dff7c43f.png

is that just a fancy looking Scion?

Regiments are typically not raised from such worlds as Knight Worlds pay their tithe through the contributions of the Knights themselves to the Imperial war efforts. However, most worlds probably raise some form of PDF that goes to war with them, providing a similar role for knights that secutarri do for titans.

I see. The fluff notes that Knight Houses have men-at-arms as footsoldiers on their world, but I was looking for a full-fledged Astra Militarum regiment.

I guess I'll split the difference and just make them a regiment from a nearby world that has ties to a Knight House rather than just troops from the world itself.