Assault Squads in Armoured Breakthrough RoW

StruManChu

Hi all,

Super quick question. I've been trying to figure out if I can take Assault Squads in an Armoured Breakthrough list. 

The specific wording is 'All Infantry units that can do so must purchase a Dedicated Transport, and those (Infantry units) without the option must be deployed mounted in another vehicle which itself has a Transport capacity. All such vehicles must have the Tank or Super-heavy Tank type'.

So my question is - Is there any way to legally take Assault squads in an Armoured Breakthrough list? I don't have the new rulebook, but I'm assuming that there's not enough distinction between 'Infantry' and 'Jump pack Infantry' to justify calling them separate things to get around the wording above. 

Thank you for indulging me and my probably stupid question! :D

I never actually looked at the flyers, so can't say for sure, but can't a Caestus Assault Ram carry Jump Infantry? 

It's a tank, so would definitely fill the "and those (Infantry units) without the option must be deployed mounted in another vehicle which itself has a Transport capacity" restriction (if it can, of course).

The Caestus might actually be a good way forward. Had a brief look at the rules and the only restrictions are that the unit needs to be in Power, Artificer or Terminator armour, and the Ram ignores the Bulky rule, so you can still transport 10.

Whether or not it's worth taking one at 305 points and £100+ just to be able to run 10 Assault Marines is another thing, but I'm thinking ahead to my eventual Blood Angels, so...

Sadly, the "can the Caestus transport jump infantry" is an argument that has come up a lot in the past.

I believe the answer is no, as the rules state that Jump Infantry cannot be transported unless specifically stated (like the Storm Raven in 40k).

Yes the Caestus counts bulky models as a single transport slot, but this only affects Terminators really.