Space Marine anti horde devices

Stormxlr

Aggressors are one of the more aesthetically likable Primaris units. Not likable enough to taint my Crusade with Primaris heresy, but still, nice :D

*shudder* They're so... I don't even know what exactly I hate about their models but I cannot stand them! Their rules are much better/more appropriately costed now but damn they ugly
I agree and use to think the same thing about the Inceptors. I think it might be like that girl at school everyone thinks is a four eyes plain jane looking geek. You spend enough time getting to know her and she becomes the most beautiful woman you could ever know. Blue eyes ... boltstorm gauntlets ... same thing ;) Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

Aggressors are one of the more aesthetically likable Primaris units. Not likable enough to taint my Crusade with Primaris heresy, but still, nice :D

*shudder* They're so... I don't even know what exactly I hate about their models but I cannot stand them! Their rules are much better/more appropriately costed now but damn they ugly

compare them to centurions. They're not as bulky, and much more smooth looking. Compare that to most space Marines in 40k and how bulky they are and you have a solid reason not to like them. Combine that with their "waiting at the bus stop" poses and you have a few reasons not to like them.

With that said, they are on of the best anti-horde options; especially if you play salamanders. Re-rolling flamestorm gauntlets and then charging is just so much fun.

The A-10 Warthog is pretty ugly too, but no one doubts its effectiveness.

Not doubting their effectiveness (especially for you guys wot strike from them shadows) just lamenting my inability to enjoy their appearance!

I don't think we can just classify hordes as one big family when trying to counter them. Depending on the race and composition of hordes you face in your meta, the answer you're looking for might be different. I would not expect an answer that beats a Guardsmen horde to beat an Ork horde, and those are just two examples. Try to break your question down into more specifics, because attempting to create a truly "take all comers list" is impossible. You can still try to do it, but it always helps to work with specifics.

Edited by Tamiel

Forgeworld to the rescue.

I don't use the unit, but I've faced it numerous times over the last two editions: Quad Heavy Bolters. Very cheap, very hard to get rid of, very good mid strength shooting with strong volume of fire. I would say this might be the most bang for the buck with a 'hand off approach' on killing hordes. 

I wouldn’t have anything against Forge World models in a discussion like this .... if they were easily available in the US :sad.:

*rant over*

Carry on :wink:

Honestly, in this day and age I don't think it's very hard or unfamiliar to use a webstore.  FW doesn't have any issues sending the stuff to the US.

TC mentions the Sicaran Punisher. I'm a fan, it also has an in-built re-roll and is generally good at dealing with horde units and infantry in general.

Quad Heavy Bolters and Quad Mortars are good also.

Outside of that, Marines themselves in great numbers can dish out lots of shots. Aggressors have lots of shooting too.