Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Zombie Focused

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

horrain

horrain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
Hey All,

I'm looking to build a zombie focused army, my local GW lets you run a signle forgeworld unit in your armies, so I've opted for Necrosius who looks to be an absolute house in a zombie army.

I've recently finished painting 80 Poxwalkers, and have just started Typhus and Necrousius, so am starting to figure our what the rest of the army looks like, so I'm only really attached to the 80 zombies and two named characters.

Below is what I came up with, its 1490 points, my thinking the 2x Blightbringers help make the zombies move faster, and the bloat-drones to lock nasty stuff in combat due to their high movement speed. Structure wise, the Plaguecaster and Bloat-drone's go in a Fast Attack formation, and everything else in a Battalion. 

+ HQ +
Typhus 
Necrosius the Undying 
Malignant Plaguecaster

+ Elites +
Noxious Blightbringer 
Noxious Blightbringer 

+ Troops +
20x Poxwalker
20x Poxwalker
20x Poxwalker
20x Poxwalker

+ Fast Attack +
Bloat-drone, Plaguespitters
Bloat-drone, Heavy blight launcher

What do you think? Is running 3 drones good? Is running 3 smite casters enough smite to kill tanks?

Edited by horrain, 09 February 2018 - 09:54 AM.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts

I might be tempted to swap the drone with blight launcher for a plagueburst crawler with E.Cannons (cheaper, more firepower and harder to destroy) and try to fit a DP with wings in to run up with the other two drones.  

Tank provides some heavy firepower.

DP and two drones fly up the board and need to be dealt with.

Typhus and the hoard ramble up the board.  

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels, Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Renegade Knights.

horrain

horrain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

Sounds good, I've managed to fit it all in, upgraded the Plaugecaster into a Daemon Prince, and one Drone into a Crawler. I had to lose either 8 Poxwalkers, or one of the Blightbringer's, I've opted for the -8 zombies for now, being able to spread out the movement buffs feels important, I can always make minor tweaks once its all painted.

+ HQ +
Typhus
Necrosius the Undying
Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Wings

+ Troops +
18x Poxwalker
18x Poxwalker
18x Poxwalker
18x Poxwalker

+ Elites +
Noxious Blightbringer 
Noxious Blightbringer 

+ Fast Attack +

+ Heavy Support +
Plagueburst Crawler, Entropy cannon and Heavy Slugger
+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 146pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

Prometheus989

Prometheus989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
If you are planning on running two different directions, the two blightbringers are good. If you feel like putting all your eggs in one basket switch one blightbringer for Tallyman to get the re-rolls on the to hit.

horrain

horrain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

Is the Tallyman worth it? the only shooting will be from a single Crawler, or have I made a massive misread, and it buffs melee as well?

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 582 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Massive misread.
It only buff melee!

Also, any buff on large quantity of dices improves the outcome a lot, thus tallyman, DP and Chaos lord are a good addition to pox/cultist swarm.

Di not forget to consider stratagems. Does dead walk again works on mutiple pox walker unit? If so, you might want to keep them mostly packt for the first few turn, meaning 1 blight bringer with fulgaris helm (I hope I got that name right) should be enough, freeing points for the tallyman.

Prometheus989

Prometheus989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
If you are only going to have one main body of poxwalkers, one blightbringer will work. Tallyman’s festering zealot only works in the fight phase.

Prometheus989

Prometheus989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Sorry, didn’t scroll down.

Prometheus989

Prometheus989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
No, (other than poxwalkers)

Prometheus989

Prometheus989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
I like the one Poxwalker unit bubble wrapped with cultist, with cloud of flies and the dead walk again. It comes down to shot or not to shot the cultists. Pick your poison.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users