Painting and Conversions. Eventually.... Magnets!

Hive Fleet Manticore

[Edit] Updating this to be a thread, rather than a once-off topic. [/Edit]

Hi guys.

I don't recommend using a handsaw for this, I know I'll be using power tools for the next few that I build.

So I always had a soft spot for the 3rd Ed biovore's cannon, but never liked the model all that much. The new models really don't do it for me either, and they're hideously expensive.

And then with some inspiration from this forum and a few others, I settled on a plan that was just crazy enough that it might actually work. Without further ado:

Biovore Front

Biovore Side

It still needs a little work around the joins. And I'm not 100% sure what to put in the middle arm sockets - I've seen spinefists with the gun cut off joined into the cannon, which is one idea. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm quite open to hearing them :biggrin.:

Edited by Hive Fleet Manticore

• 3 weeks later...

I realised I should have posted this in my other thread, but then I forgot that I had it.

I'm going to be grabbing 60mm bases to put these fellas on. It might get away with 50mm, but I don't have any of them to check the sizing on. Haven't done a lot more work on this guy yet, had some other biomass arrive to play with. Here he is with the spinefist arms in the middle set:

20180209 231416

I painted up my stand-in for the Red Terror a little while ago. I'm not super satisfied with the head, but nothing else that I had lying around was even close to being an appropriate size for him.

20180202 223040

20180202 223026

And then there's my most recent project. Fixing the Tervigon/Tyrannofex's spinal posture so it looks like it can actually support it's own weight. Luckily I only use superglue on my models, so it wasn't super hard to rip the first one apart after I'd started assembling it.

20180227 235451

20180228 200849

20180228 200900

And a random Zoanthrope, just because he was undercoated and I was sick of staring at him on the table.

20180228 203450