Primaris Chapter: Warhawks **News and Events**

Dracos

I’ll be posting pics of my 15 Hellblasters in a couple days. They will still need touch up, a wash and dry brush but they’ll be playable so I’m moving to nest project. Quick build of two Sentry Guns (have no clue why I love these things so much?). I’ll bring them to same basic level as Hellblasters by the weekend I think before moving in to the 20+ Intercessors.

Query for those with a Masters degree in Raven Guard lore . . .

I was hoping someone might have more knowledge than I (which is almost zip) on the color scheme for Legio Vindictus. I have a DIY Chapter successor to the Raven Guard under construction ... and the Renegade box set would not be denied. I would like to use a House Vindictus color scheme to tie my Warhawks to the Raven Guard.

Thanks for anyone in the know.

Dracos

There is no confirmed/lore accurate depiction of Vindictus to the best of my knowledge. One of the guys at the TOC (Titan Owners Club) has a Warhound done up as Vindictus, featured here: https://titanownersclub.blogspot.com/search/label/Legio%20Vindictus

Also remember that since you're doing knights, they could be a House pledged to Vindictus and actually be named/colored different, or a Knight house from a nearby world as well.

I have given this some thought as well and am going the alternate route.

Vyper nailed it.  I found that image as well and I think that's all.

I tried searching for pledged Knight Houses to Vindictus or even to Kiavhar/Deliverance  (in some way) and either my search-fu suxxxx or no one has posted a canon source ... or it doesn't exist ...

I dunno.

Thanks guys, I thought with Titanicus some more resources might have seen the light of the day :)  Looks like it's time to go into DIY snowflake mode, I'll likely look at doing something resembling this guys Vindictus scheme but different. I do want it to tie in strong visually to the Raven Guard,

Spill, help a brother out :)

I saw this guys conversion and immediately fell in love.

Here you go:

dsrv6gdse0l11.jpg

I think I found a site in England that has the Aggresor arms I need and ordered 5. I already have 5 from my 2 Inceptor boxes. Just need to decide how I want to do the powerfist. Likely will go with Plain Jane Terminator arms. Why fix what isn’t broke? :)

I think this might be the most exciting thing I’ve done with models since I came back (which admitted isn’t much) but these are gonna make the Warhawk Aggresors scream badass :)

Highly suggest checking this Templar Brother our guys. He’s working on a Storm Raven (?) that is the schnitzel.

Thanks guys, I thought with Titanicus some more resources might have seen the light of the day :smile.:  Looks like it's time to go into DIY snowflake mode, I'll likely look at doing something resembling this guys Vindictus scheme but different. I do want it to tie in strong visually to the Raven Guard,

Spill, help a brother out :smile.:

Something I have wanted to do for a while was to find a way to incorporate another element of the Corvidae family to play a role as a support-based force for my Raven Guard army. This meant Knights/Ad-Mech/Guard. As far as Knight houses go, they are, typically-speaking, very "loud and proud" if you will. When it came to my knightly house, I faced a choice: try to somehow develop canon that supported a stealthy/swift/rapid Knightly House, or just bring in thematic elements visually, but make them more classical in terms of tactics (with a few exceptions).

Some regal birds from the Corvidae family include (in my opinion) Jays and Magpies. Both loud/songbird type, brightly colored, and aggressive. Im going for a blue/teal paint scheme, with black/white (and a subtle amount of copper) as a paint scheme. I will work in the corvidae motif throughout. My head-canon has them tactically willing to act as bait for the Raven Guard, charging in almost recklessly, over committing, which in turn draws the enemy out so they must commit their forces to put them down (given the punishing Knights must take for even one to fall). It is at this moment when they are most exposed (as is the enemy) that the Raven Guard reveal themselves from concealed positions, crippling and crushing the overextended enemy. I imagine their pilots to be wild/reckless/arrogant, knowing full well that their fealty will be rewarded with swift and dominating victory. :yes:

Side note: I also love that Aggressor conversion, while mine are already built and primed for my RG, when I start my second DIY Chapter, I intend to copy that as well!

I couldn't help myself. I ripped the arms off the 5 Aggressors I had started building. I'll actually need to greenstuff the little holes in the armpit, but I just ordered the guns from a UK bit store and the power fist from a Italian bits store. 

WOAH WOAH ...

That's a brilliant work-around to the current "meh" of the Aggressor arms I just can't get over yet.

You, sir have won the day :happy.:

I'm just a humble cryer extolling the virtues of St.Lazarus :wink:

I'll be using the standard dome/head. I think the Grey Knight termie head looks awesome, but it works better as a Templar and I want them to still be easily recognizable as Aggressors if when I go to a tournament. 

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

med_gallery_7985_14167_58508.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_779675.jpg

These guys still need paint touched up a wash and a base with some steppes tuff but I's play with them. I really should focus on the Intercessors so I can get some small games in and get my mojo back ... but the Sentry Guns are lling my name and hoping my bits for the Aggressors from Europe come in by time I'm done with those.

Looks like I'm assembling them in same order my opponents target priority is going to be (minus the Xiphons and Plasmaceptors :) Silver lining there I guess I'll have gotten all my f-ups out of the way by the time I do the Scouts (Reiver converions) lol.

Thanks, I'm hoping the Army Painter wash "browns" the Desert Yellow and Army Green to further create the camo effect. I'll save that step after I get ALL the other Infantry models to the same stage ... so another 45 models from now *sigh* ;)

Trying to knockout the basics on the Sentry Guns while I'm waiting for conversion bits for the Aggressors.

I need to get a base (bigger than the old dread) for these guys

med_gallery_7985_14167_31144.jpg

Dry fit ... going to use the bases and swap in and out the guns.

med_gallery_7985_14167_254285.jpg

I have a twin-linked lascannon somewhere in the pile o shame for 500 point games

Will use the Chapter colors as a base coat. Army green for the cradle, desert yellow for the sensor unit and hardened carapace (black) for the guns and pure red for the doodads

Purely a force multiplier. 

T5 W4 and a 3+ save, immobile so not a real threat but I plan on deploying them in cover close-ish to an Objective or at a chokepoint in the terrain I don't want to unnecessarily waste more than 1 Infantry unit to hold. Would love to use Chapter Tactics and Stratagems with them, pretty sure that ain't happening though? And at the least any weapon focusing on them is a turn my Hellblasters and Aggressors won't be taking that firepower 

• 2 weeks later...

As the Chinese say ... good enough ... for now. I have a couple 90mm round bases coming I want to put them on. Its damn wide base but it will make the legs more stable.

med_gallery_7985_14167_178736.jpg

Need a couple more power fist for the Aggressor conversions so deciding between them and the 20 Intercessors next?

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I've liked the way they look for about 15 years, but until starting Primaris didn't have a reason to dip into Forge World stuff.

I got eh last of my bitz in for the Aggressor conversions. It's cold as a witch's mammary gland here so I'll have to wait until early next week to try using primer paint on anything. I'll probably try hit up the 20 Intercessors before going for the Aggressors ...

Because ... I'm contemplating borrowing a page from the Dark Angels. Yeah I know golly gee? I've always liked the Inner Circle. Not necessarily the story but the concept. Actually the story is pretty good too with Cypher and the Fallen running around, but it hardly fits a Primaris army born of Corax in my opinion. Still I like the idea of changing up the color/scheme in some manner to not have a blur of 80 models basically painted all the same.

And the "writer" in me likes the idea of the Chapter having a secret agenda born from the Greyshields who served during Indomitus Crusade.  The core of the Warhawk's leader ship are survivors of  Secundus Terra. They carry a secret and enmity for the Alpha Legion that binds them in a unique way (Istvaan V) to their elder Raven Guard brethren. 

Army Painter has a Uniform Grey that I like and I'm thinking of swapping it out with the Desert Yellow to use on the Gravis armor units. I have an idea how to tie it into the Intercessors and Hellblasters. I bought about 15 Wraith Guard tabards. They're long and thin but I think the proportions work with Primaris models pretty well. I'd use the Uniform Grey tabards on the Intercessor and Hellblaster sergeants (and power armored Captains and Lts) as someone who has been inducted in the not-Inner Circle (Shadow Circle, Twilight Circle, something Circle, something not Circle ?)

If you read all that - wow - my apology but this is part of my "process" when trying to blend my gamer/hobbyist/writer personas :)

I really want to use Dragon Red . . . . trying to save that for the Knights but damn I like that color alot lol.

Collective nouns for corvids:

Raven - murder, congress, horde, unkindness

Rook - clamour, parliament, building

Magpie - tiding

Hawk (not corvid but still...) - kettle, cast, lease

The Tiding sounds suitably ominous to me. The Kettle not so much.

Shadow/Twilight/The Cast?

Maybe a brother is just referred to as 'Being shown the Shadow'.

I saw this guys conversion and immediately fell in love.

Here you go:

dsrv6gdse0l11.jpg

I think I found a site in England that has the Aggresor arms I need and ordered 5. I already have 5 from my 2 Inceptor boxes. Just need to decide how I want to do the powerfist. Likely will go with Plain Jane Terminator arms. Why fix what isn’t broke? :smile.:

I think this might be the most exciting thing I’ve done with models since I came back (which admitted isn’t much) but these are gonna make the Warhawk Aggresors scream badass :smile.:

Highly suggest checking this Templar Brother our guys. He’s working on a Storm Raven (?) that is the schnitzel.

Happy you liked them I'm very happy with how the conversion turned out, I find the aggressors to be a good choice in general if one invest the necessary points and that people seem to underestimate them (once).  I would love to have some more traffic in my painting log so feel free to check it out, currently I'm working on two conversions that I call starhawks (stormhawks) for my primaris heavy armour army.

Edited by ST.Lazarus

Oh absolutely. I’ve been watching the Storm conversions. It doesn’t look clunky like other SM flyers. I think it looks like it belongs in a Primaris force .... if they ever give us something.

I’m sticking with the Gravis armor heads even though the termies look so much better for eventual tournament gaming purposes. I was debating not using the shielding on the gun but then it just looks like an auto bolt rifle to me and I want the opponent to have a feel for what it does just visually.

Obviously the Warhawks are destined to be a non-Codex compliant Chapter even if Primaris do get their own ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The officer corp that started the Warhawks were all survivors of the battle at Secundus Terra. They swore an oath to each other that they would make the Alpha Legion pay for their deeds. At first they merely took council with each other sharing ideas and information, each building contacts with other Imperial organizations. They were to new this dark and grim future but they quickly adapted, finding friends among the Rogue Traders, and even a Knight House during the Crusade.

After the Crusade, they were granted a home and given a Chapter to build. (more later) Original Warhawks were a long dead Chapter destroyed on the world of Tarinth by Abaddon and Khore's greatest Daemon Prince, Doombreed. The Greyshields given the responsibility of building and directing the new Warhawks swore they would focus on gathering the greatest weapon any warrior could ask for in his arsenal, information, intelligence. With it they would never again allow others to suffer the fate of the Brothers who died on Secundus Terra.

During the Crusade they were merely called the Council of Secundus, ordered to review and analyze the data that lead to the disasterous ambush. Even after the had reported ll they could find though these Brothers swore to continue to fight the Alpha Legion in the Shadows, as any Son of Corax would. As the Crusade advanced they made contacts throughout the Imperium, sometimes running afoul of certain Inquisitors. They would become some of the first Primaris to be seconded to some of the Ordos of the Inquisition. It was determined for security reasons only the most proven would be given access to restricted levels of information. Though the their Vow never forgotten, overtime the Council of Secundus faded away and they became known as the Shadow Council.

Modelling effect: I'm going to go with Army Painters: Army Green on any non-jump pack model with Gravis Armor. Only because I'm not sure I don't want to go another direction color-wise with the Inceptors yet. Intercessor and Hellblaster sergeants who have been inducted into the first level of the Council (its most common form of address) will were Army Green tabards.

Its still a WIP concept but this part feels fairly solid. 

Can't wait to see the rules and points for the Vanguard Librarian and Reivers.