Primaris Chapter: Warhawks **News and Events**

Dracos

My FLGS doesn't do a discount but they're good with orders. I've started to bite the bullet and buy from them because I'd like them to stay in business. Some purchases are done through ebay - I'll be buying the RG supplement there because I want it before I go the the store for a game.

I'd prefer to do all my buying online and save a few bucks, but in the end a few bucks isn't worth not having a place to play.

med_gallery_7985_14167_71159.jpg

Pretty sure my Hellblasters are going to collect a lot of dust after I start in on painting Eliminators and using them on the table :) I was thinking of using Impulsors to deliver the Hellblasters but more I look at them, the more I'm not feeling a Whispercutter vibe lol.

I just need to fins a Phobos scheme that looks like it belongs with my Tacticus and Gravis armor color schemes. The cloaks are the big stumbling block visually. I'd rather it was different than the backpacks and shoulder pads. Just not sure how yet. I've thought about flocking the cloaks?

Damn. Good thought. Yeah if I try flocking I’ll have to match the base. I’ve been thinking a toned down red/yellow autumn kind of base. That might work real nice with the greens and yellows I have been focusing on for the army colors.

I like the list can't wait to see it painted and hear how it goes

Im the dance with you about Reivers

I want pistol and blade to be the right choice but I think the carbine version is the more flexible option especially since they still get the heavy bolt pistol so in cc they can still do some damage with them

I agree on paper that Carbine is the way to go. The way I look at it is this: You will likely drop them in every game, and on T2 you will likely be in Tactical Doctrine. As such Carbines give you maximum impact without the risk of a failed charge. If you DO charge, they are no slouch if you're using them for their intended purpose (harassing backline weaker units)

As for the RG vs Successor argument, I have a couple thoughts:

1) Master Artisan is most beneficial by an MSU list to maximize the re-rolls/points ratio of the trait. While MSU isn't bad for Raven Guard - or its successors - I am finding myself straying away from it more and more when possible. The reason for this is bigger squads save CP on things like SFTS and Infiltrators. Honorable mentions include Rapid Fire/Transhuman Physiology. Bigger squads to save CP? Less impact by Master Artisans. 

2) Master Artisans is strongest on upgrade-intensive units like: Devastators/Vehicles/Tactical Squads (with Heavy Weapons), where a choice re-roll on the biggest value gives better returns. Lately, I don't find myself running units like this - and your list doesn't either - so it seems less effective.

3) Don't sleep on the -1 to Hit. Unless you are running a lot of vehicles (See #2), you can effectively get -1 to Hit on your whole army (should you wish). This is a very strong tool still. I personally look at it this way: Marines are doing considerably more damage now with our new core book - but one thing remains the same - suitability. This is, effectively, the one thing Raven Guard offers as a supplement that every other supplement offers less-to-nothing to combat. Between the cover, -1 to hit, and all the deployment options, we have the capability to put the most durable marine force on the table right now.

If I were you, id run them as Olive Drab Raven Guard.

• 2 weeks later...

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [52 PL, 6CP, 937pts] ++

**Chapter Selection**: Warhawks <Raven Guard>

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Relics of the Chapter [-2CP]: Number of extra Relics

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 143pts]: Jump Pack, Master-Crafted Weapon, Storm shield, The Imperium's Sword, Thunder hammer, Warlord

Captain in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 99pts]: Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Stalker Bolt Rifle

. 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 94pts]: Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 205pts]: Assault bolter x2, 4x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 72pts]

. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [60 PL, 4CP, 1,062pts] ++

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Lieutenants in Phobos Armor [5 PL, 81pts]: Occulus Bolt Carbine and Bolt Pistol: Grav-chute, Master-crafted occulus bolt rifle

Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, -1CP, 77pts]: Absolver bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, and Rosarius

. Canticle of Hate, Litany of Hate, Master of Ambush, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Stalker Bolt Rifle

. 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 94pts]: Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 185pts]: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant

. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Centurion Assault Squad [16 PL, 260pts] 4x Centurion: Hurricane bolter, 2x Flamer

. Centurion Sergeant: Hurricane bolter, 2x Flamer

++ Total: [112 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++

Edited by Dracos

• 2 weeks later...

sml_gallery_7985_14167_23092.jpg

So, I decided to see if I could dress up the Aggressors a bit. I have a dozen? Wraithguard skirts I'm going to call kilts ;) I had to clip a quarter inch or so off the bottom and I wish it was a bit wider. I just felt after looking at them for a while it needed a bit more black to get the effect. I wish I had built them without the guard on the front of the bolt weapon and curious if I can tear them off without ruining the model. Likely not

Eventually I'll give them a wash and finish the bases but just needed a break from the Intercessors that I seem to have hobby block on

• 2 weeks later...

med_gallery_7985_14167_16912.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_568955.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_711922.jpg

Okay these are still WIP but at a point I would play with them (after painting the bases a brown). Like the Aggressors Ill return to them and add some more doodads (chainswords for the sgts etc). I'll need to do a wash and dry brush before I spiffy the base with static grass and rocks but for moment this is a good stopping point.

I have a Chappie I need to crank out

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered a Pop Goes the Monkey Smash Captain kit and while I'm undecided whether to use the Phobos Lt (knife and pistol) or use my 6th Inceptor as the basis for the conversion I decided to start the Inceptors while I wait.

I have a question for those who have followed my snail like pace or anyone who wants to weigh in your ideas are appreciated. It has to do witht he color scheme for the Inceptors.

My 30 infantry models, "troop" choices, of Intercessors and Incursors will follow the basic color scheme of army green and desert yellow. The 10 Aggressors and (eventually) 5 Centurions will follow a solid army green. (Chapter lore has them initially trained by the Raptors). The separate but similar scheme also serves to make a distinction in how I play them (SftS vs footsloggers).

med_gallery_7985_14167_18961.jpg

The Inceptors are going to have army green shoulder pauldrons and jump packs also. This will be the one unifying color/pattern for all models in the army.

Right now I'm waffling about the Inceptors head, torso, arms, and legs. Army green to unify the gravis armor? Desert yellow to keep a more unified army look, or off the rails with a uniform grey to signify their battlefield role as Fly / Deep Strike mission objectives. I would then eventually also paint my Xiphons in the same color scheme, be it green, yellow, or grey to show they are part of the same "branch" of the Warhawks TOE.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dracos

• 1 month later...

med_gallery_7985_14167_281448.jpg

So .... here's the progress on my Assault Bolter Inceptors. I'm not going to use the flight stems and looking into something uncomplicated but themed to attach them to the bases with.I figure they'll be FLGS ready before Christmas and will post follow up pictures when I do. Then I'll think I'll knock out my Inceptor based Smash Captain after so I'll have a second HQ complete for game play and follow up with a group of Eliminators before New Years :)

Happy Holidays everyone. I

I've seen those plumes and like them. I was looking at the Magnet Barron today and after seeing his offerings for Inceptors I realize all he's doing is cutting some acrylic rod and gluing magnets to them. I think I can do the same for less expensive and it'll be easy to transport. I'm going to do some research to look into what options I have for buying rod and magnets to see if it's worth it to DIY or if it's better to just buy from him.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost have my Bolter Inceptors done will post pic progress tomorrow. I was going to switch and paint up one of the Xiphon Interceptors but came up with a list to start playing some games at 500 points. To do so I'll need to paint up my Primaris looking Smash Captain ... so yeah he's "on deck".

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [26 PL, -1CP, 500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, -1CP, 143pts]: Jump Pack, Master-Crafted Weapon, Shadowmaster, Storm shield, Stratagem: Master of the Trifold Path, The Imperium's Sword, Thunder hammer, Warlord

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

+ Elites +

++ Total: [26 PL, -1CP, 500pts] ++

So I start with 2 CP but meh, at 500 pts having Captain Kyldari at full power power gives me a chance against armies than can bring walkers and other nastiness. Alternatively I'll start him on the board and bring the Aggressors in via Strike from the Shadows. I also have 10 Stalker Intercessors. I want to test them both individually and mixed against various opponents to get use to using them both.

med_gallery_7985_14167_59027.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_52050.jpg

Lots of touch up details need done still. After the boot brakes and fins are attached they're playable though. Not sure I'm done with the guns. So far I'm leaving the shields off so they're different than my Aggressor conversions and I need to Brass up the ammo chambers. I love the look and points these guys are though ... almost as much as the Aggressors. Aggressors gots powerfist though :)

See the bottom pic? All the bits for the guy's twin on the right is being reserved for Smash Captain. I like his pose the best and I'm hoping to blend the Thunder Hammer Shield kit I bought from Pop Goes the Monkey for a unique Smash Captain. As much as I love the Phobos models, a Primaris Smash Captain belongs in Gravis armor.