Primaris Chapter: Warhawks **News and Events**

Dracos

Apologies wasn’t trying to start anything. I’ve used a company I heard about on TheLongWar but I think most these kind of guys are on “pause” until the Lockdown has lifted.

Now I have to search for this open trading policy. Don’t want to get anyone (me too) in trouble because I’m talking about it. :)

No trading or selling posts

Trading and selling aren't bad in and of themselves, but we don't want the drama that comes when trades or sales go bad.

PS: found it :)

Edited by Dracos

Captain, we can't take no more. Carrying case capacity is at 110%.

med_gallery_7985_14167_220325.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_181238.jpg

med_gallery_7985_14167_352334.jpg

I might reorder another 2" layer. The Eliminators might fit in a layer that size and it will safe me an inch of compression. So far it hasn't hurt any on the models though the spacers for the Phobos Frankensteins is a must for the antenna to survive.

Edited by Dracos

Depends on the models the more fiddly / dynamism they usually do better standing up I've found

But all the antennas on vanguard minis doesn't help either

I'm contemplating my current carry case options to having grown out of the few crusader cases for my RG

When I bought my KR cases I made the mistake of buying exactly what I needed. By that I mean I had a plan on all of my models were going to fit just so. Couple years later and I've now sold off some of those models and acquired new ones so my tray configuration isn't ideal. When I buy new ones I'm going generic and getting boring trays that can fit whatever I need to put in their. I think theirs a balance to be struck between efficiently packing as many models as you can into a try and general utility in being able to swap models around as needed.

To be honest, unless you have dynamic models (like the phobos lt.) or backpack antennas, a flat insert with established cutout will save so much space. And even for those models, you get pre-cutouts with more height/width/depth. Right now I have several Feldherr maxi with the inserts from the link (one bag for each army project), that's more than enough space for primaris, and they don't shake around due to excess space. And you can transport a full company plus a few vehicles in one bag. Upside, it's a fully modular thing, so one or two additional inserts will solve most problems.

The rasterized pluck foam does waste a lot of space - not that many marines visible in the foam mountain.

There's a reason why, for camera gear, there are modular inserts to replace such foam when going for Peli cases. Otherwise, you'll hit the maximum capacity just too soon.

My KRs are similar to the Feldherr you linked. Lots of flat trays. My issue is where I got a case worth of pluck foam trying to be cheeky to 'customize' the case for a land raider, drop pod, and predator. Well the Predator is sold and I don't know when I'll ever get around to painting the LR. I've also got a Redemptor now so I can't take both that and the drop pod in a case because I only have room for one. All those little scenarios add up to me realizing generic is best unless you want to spend a ton of money on transport options.

I saved my foam I plucked and used Elmers Glue to re-use the foam that I had pulled out and didn't fit as the army had grown. I think it would be difficult to use that trick a third time though.

I saved my foam I plucked and used Elmers Glue to re-use the foam that I had pulled out and didn't fit as the army had grown. I think it would be difficult to use that trick a third time though.

Or just use pre-cutout foam. Pretty much every manufacturer offers them in the right size for marines, and it would give you spades of space. The pluck foam works well for vehicles and walkers, but absolutely not for infantry.

• 2 weeks later...

Been lethargic past week. Missing my students, co-workers, friends and more distant family. Got off my tuchus and started my converting my second Phobos Captain. Based the first one off an Eliminator Sgt, this one is off the Phobos Lieutenant.

The Warhawks believe on promoting from within ;)

I'll be posting pics of WIP tomorrow.

Having issues with my next project. I want the Grav Captain to look Chapter Master worthy, so trying to decide a pattern that connects him to the Aggressors while still tying him to the Warhawks standard color scheme. When I post the Phobos conversion pics I'll throw in some of the GC pieces I'm using and a couple of the ideas I'm mulling over. As always will be grateful for feedback

WIP: Phobos Captain conversion #2

Sill needs some details, some strategic Dark Tone and then Agrax Earthshade and based properly (like everything else that's been done), but table ready to play.

med_gallery_7985_14167_118468.jpg

Pretty obvious were most the parts came from. He's been promoted from Phobos Lieutenant to Phobos Captain. Used an Eliminator head and backpack with the rolled up Scout camo cloak on his back. I had a never to be used Primaris Lt. sword that will occasionally serve as Oppressors End. I can't ever see using the Silentus Pistol but I had chopped the silencer off an Eliminator rifle on the first Phobos Captain conversion so I repurposed it for the Rule of Cool on the heavy bolt pistol. I haven't found anything to represent the Iron Halo yet but I'm going to see if I can find a Rosarius. I might scratch build a Rosary and wrap it around his sword and forearm. Like I said details still to work on and clean up.

Next: Chapter Master Gravis Captain conversion

I'm going to take tomorrow (after I cut the yard, if it doesn't rain) and start playing around with color ideas for this project. I'm swapping the sword for the Xenophase Blade. After that his Boltstorm Gauntlet gets replaced with a old fashion Power Fist and Bolt Pistol holster. He's designed to look like he rose from the ranks of my Aggressor conversions .... which leads me to tomorrow. I need to ake a ahrd look at my Aggressor and the Inceptor "Smash Captain" (which needs redone) and come up with a color pattern that says .... Master of the Chapter :)

Tactical Ramblings . . . Remember all Primaris.

I still need to finish my Gravis Captain and two Invictor Warsuits, but I think I might have a third project to finish the 2k AdeptiCon army.

I’ve been less than enthused with the synergy I’m getting out of my Chaplain since Centurions were nerfed out of Master of Ambush. Not complaining about that, even though I would think switching that to SftS made more sense but no one asked me lol.

I started using him with Inceptors in our Escalation League and they did some work but it wasn’t a natural pairing since the Primaris Chaplain lacks a backpack.

I’ve also wished I had a few points to give the Invictors the autocannons and the Incursors would be a bigger threat with the haywire mines but those suckers cost.

I think I actually started looking at Hellblasters again and then was uh no. Love the effect hate the cost. Why hate the cost? Durability of course. What’s more durable I thought. Aggressors yeah but I have two units of five already and the points didn’t slide right with the army set up. I didn’t save enough points to amount to anything . . . unless.

So here’s my thought. Drop the 5 Assault Bolter Inceptors. *shudder* I love em but a tad expensive. Drop in five Flamestorm Aggressors to work with the MoS Chaplain (+1 wound +2 charge) with MoA and shove them in the opponents face T1 when possible. Teamed with the Invictors who now are a greater threat (?) due to the autocannons (at least for a Turn or Two. Meanwhile the Incursors and Phobos Captains are racking up VP on the midfield objectives. Threat analysis says . . .

Plan B: Always plan for not going first. Not as optimal but burn a CP and the Flamer Aggressors go in the Shadows. The Invictors pull back into terrain hopefully and fire at range maybe as a counter strike unit for when the Incursors get assaulted. Keep one of the two Boltstorm Aggressors on the board during deployment with Chaplain this time with different litanies. +1 hit +1 wound

Thing is .... I just fixed the Inceptors so they all are either on solid flying bases or hopping over terrain lol. Love playing with them but while I’m still mathing scenarios in my head this seems to give my army’s blade a sharper edge. Thoughts ?

Edited by Dracos

All Primaris for models or rules? Have you considered converting a Primaris-sized chaplain with a jump pack but running it as a regular chaplain? That would allow him to keep up with the Inceptors.

My concern with the LoS Chaplain is what if the aggressors don't make the charge? I'm assuming MoS is Mantra of Strength? I see +1 to wound but where is the +2 to charge coming from?

MoS = Master of Sanctity : cost a CP but he uses two Litanies each turn. I use the +1 to hit and +1 to wound shooting for the boltstorm aggressors. I would use the +2 charge with the +1 S and + A for the firestorm aggressors. Wise Orator is a must (another CP) wouldn’t take a chaplain any other way these days.

As far as counts as. I made a Smash Captain using spare Inceptor parts and a shapeways shield. Decided to retire him for now.

I can be just about as competitive as next guy when there’s a score on the line ... but ... I have my own Code. It’s a self imposed limit so I don’t complain (usually?). I got back into the game because of the Primaris models and while I’m snowflake enough I feel almost everything deserves a good conversion, when I was playing with a non-Primaris Captain it just felt wrong. The lines strong enough it can play on its own. Even if that means spamming 3 Aggressor and 3 Eliminator unite until the line gets more options.

After much mathing and running scenarios in my head I'm committing to bringing this list to AdeptiCon21 (if the stars all align). I'm converting the Flamestorm Aggressors with Terminator heavy flamers and powerfist. Hoping the bits arrive by the time I can get a second ETB Aggressor box from my flgs. It's a true all Primaris Double Battalion. Its not fond of spamming mortal wounds either but I'm forgoing psychic protection with the hopes dead Sorcerers tell no tales ;)

++ Deployment Army (Imperium - Space Marines) [68 PL, 1,318pts] ++
**Chapter Selection**: Long-range Marksmen, Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor

+ HQs +
Captain in Phobos Armour
Captain in Phobos Armour

Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, 77pts]: 1. Litany of Faith, Litany of Hate

+ Troops +
5 Incursors: Haywire Mine
5 Incursors: Haywire Mine

5 Stalker Bolt Rifle Intercessors: Sergeant: Chainsword
5 Stalker Bolt Rifle Intercessors: Sergeant: Chainsword

+ Elites +
5 Flamestorm  Aggressors

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 136pts]: Twin ironhail autocannon
Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 136pts]: Twin ironhail autocannon

+ Heavy Support +
3 Bolt Sniper Rifle Eliminators

++ Reserves (Imperium - Space Marines) [36 PL, 682pts] ++
**Chapter Selection**: Long-range Marksmen, Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor

+ HQ +
Captain in Gravis Armor

+ Troops +
5 Bolt Rifle Intercessors: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Sergeant: Thunder hammer
5 Bolt Rifle Intercessors: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Sergeant: Thunder hammer

+ Elites +
5 Boltstorm Aggressors
5 Boltstorm Aggressors

++ Total: [104 PL, 2,000pts] ++

Waiting on the Terminator heavy flamers and chance to get second box of ETB Aggressors. Third party Thunder Hammer from Agatone. I didn't like the Deathwatch ones so they go into back of cabinet with the Inceptors for future use.

So still need to build 5 Flamestorm Aggressors, 2 Thunder Sgts, 2 Invictors, and a Grav Cpt. Yeesh, time to quit theory hammering and get back to building. 

I went back and forth on load out for the Invictors. As much as I think the Incendium Cannon has alot going for it, it's hard to turn down the Autocannon strength and range (thus versatility) for 5 pts each. So they became a must. Only part of the list I still question is the Haywire Mines. 20 pts can do a lot in the HQ choices but I've decided the mines combined with A Deadly Prize, is the best way to make an opponent think hard about charging the Incursors holding the middle field. While I expect they won't just melt away T1 most the time, they just need to live long enough to drop the mine and get reinforced by the Bolt Rifle/Thunder Hammer Intercessors. Still, dang ... 20 points is 20 points for a few mortal wounds :dry.:

I'm not sure really. I hope to start attending local tournaments post-june to start testing it at a higher level. I'm a hardcore redundancy design builder, and it's a double Battalion so should be pretty easy to cut in half or tailor if it becomes some kind of team event. I know for a fact that if you're building competitively, as good as Space Marines are at 2,000 pts, they are even nastier as 1,000. 

There aren't too many comps in my area. The closest I can get is PHX and while I'm not opposed to the idea of driving the couple hours to get there it's a big ask for me to suggest to the Mrs. that I'll be gone all weekend to play with my plastic men.

There aren't too many comps in my area. The closest I can get is PHX and while I'm not opposed to the idea of driving the couple hours to get there it's a big ask for me to suggest to the Mrs. that I'll be gone all weekend to play with my plastic men.

And some of the local guys are not to be mean but honestly are elitist. They take the fun out of the game

I'd imagine. Mine is from New Mexico. I get to hear stories of her childhood trips taking forever. Living close to Indianapolis is real nice. Major transportation hub without the same size headaches as LA, Chicago, or NYC. Plus kids being older teenagers means we get to go to friends and not worry the house is going to burn down.

Going to post some pics of my Grav Captain conversion tonight or tomorrow. I've taken forever to decide of the weapon and bit swaps. He's going to be the Chapter Master, at least until GW gives the Primaris some real HQ options that arent Chapter specific. I'd really like to have a Primaris Captain on a bike, so I'm saving a old bit for the day it becomes a possibility.

PS: "Elitist?" About playing with toy soldiers? We have a store in the city that's has a few like that, but most the stores demand a environment that grows the community be it for funzies or competitive, we have guys to help guide and challenge you. Only way to keep a local store going is to keep it growing.

Edited by Dracos

My store is great, most people there are amicable and tend to not be meta chasers. We play hard, but we don't play crazy meta-crushing lists. I know Don Hoosen (sp?) is up in the PHX area and he's one of the top ranked ITC Chaos players, not sure if having him in the community up there has anything to do with the attitudes?

PS: "Elitist?" About playing with toy soldiers? We have a store in the city that's has a few like that, but most the stores demand a environment that grows the community be it for funzies or competitive, we have guys to help guide and challenge you. Only way to keep a local store going is to keep it growing.

Yeah it sucks. I know them. But I don't really associate with them. 

My store is great, most people there are amicable and tend to not be meta chasers. We play hard, but we don't play crazy meta-crushing lists. I know Don Hoosen (sp?) is up in the PHX area and he's one of the top ranked ITC Chaos players, not sure if having him in the community up there has anything to do with the attitudes?

It has been around awhile a few Golden Daemon Winners and Slayer Swords winners reside in AZ and don't have the best attitudes. And sometimes the local ITC players attitudes suck too.