Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orlocks up for Pre-order

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Gorthaur

Gorthaur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

I think i'm gonna hold off until they show off Van Saar in a teaser. I just have a gut feeling i'll buy into Orlocks and then find updated Van Saar is more my style aesthetic wise. I will probably pick up the book anyways for the lore and tile rules. I do like the Orlocks a lot but I can't afford to collect all six gangs let alone paint all of them. Hopefully the scheme for Van Saar remains green...I like painting green. Sucks they chose to release my favorite 3 gangs last but if the quality of the releases so far is any indication they should look amazing as well. 

• Ashur, ninjasuperspy and M@verik115 like this

My Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus painting log:

http://www.bolterand...s/#entry4015231

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,771 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Van Saar seem to be the inheiritors of the Spider gang and I love those guys.
  • Ashur and Battybattybats like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+

chamberlainskeksil

chamberlainskeksil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 78 posts

The more I look at the Orlock minis and sprue images, the more I think they might be a perfect kit to combine with genestealer cult parts.  You've got heavy stubbers in there and them being slightly taller means the extra parts from a acolyte hybrid/hybrid metamorph box might be perfect.  Just like how Goliaths combine with those parts so well to make Aberrants.

• Noserenda and Bev'an like this

ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts

Awesome to hear.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

The more I look at the Orlock minis and sprue images, the more I think they might be a perfect kit to combine with genestealer cult parts. You've got heavy stubbers in there and them being slightly taller means the extra parts from a acolyte hybrid/hybrid metamorph box might be perfect. Just like how Goliaths combine with those parts so well to make Aberrants.

You read my hive mind
  • Mard and chamberlainskeksil like this

totgeboren

totgeboren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,568 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

The more I look at the Orlock minis and sprue images, the more I think they might be a perfect kit to combine with genestealer cult parts.  You've got heavy stubbers in there and them being slightly taller means the extra parts from a acolyte hybrid/hybrid metamorph box might be perfect.  Just like how Goliaths combine with those parts so well to make Aberrants.

I distinctly remember reading that a GSC upgrade sprue was in the pipes for the Orlock set. Ah, here it is.

If so, the intent by GW is not that the current GSC box it to make a perfect starting point for a gang, you are supposed to buy a box of Orlocks and an upgrade sprue....

Anyway, combining the two... These new Orlocks seem to be about halfway between the Escher (ans the heels) and the Goliaths in height, so some scale issues might occur. On the other hand, necromunda weapons are already so massively over-sized, slightly smaller gear might look better on the models!

Also, the heads seem to be the same size as GSC stuff, so at least that should be easy to switch.

When it comes to arms and such, there is of course a distinct risk of limbs looking atrophied if they are too small. But if they get access to Aberrants I fully expect some super-cool kitbashes with goliaths. :)

• chamberlainskeksil likes this

WfHLk2F.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_04_Primus_Inter_Paresgallery_29004_6198_3277.png

“What started out as a pleasant afternoon of drugs and surgery has not gone as planned.”

-Zoidberg

My Chaos stuff, Mansions of MadnessDescent 2ed, and home-made ZM board!

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 912 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Someone should take a scale comparison pic with those, regular Cultists, GSC Neophyte Hybrids and Marines (probably TSons Rubrics since they are the latest CSM Infantry model we have). tongue.png

I agree!

For what it's worth, I checked the description and it says they're on 25 mm bases, so they can only be so big. I want to use them as conversion fodder, but eh... I really don't think they look too "Chaos," especially their heads.

Maybe R&H Marauders?

I'm planning on using some for cultists with maybe empire flagellant heads.

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled

I have all ready order min. I want to see how they match up to my Alpha Legionnaires.

If they are off scale, then I just have a nice gang to play with.

If they are on scale, then I will order more and use them as cultists. No conversion needed, so I can still use them as a gang.

• totgeboren and sfPanzer like this

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

Gree

Gree

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,445 posts

I'm wondering how well the heads will fit with Cadian bodies. I've been looking at various parts for conversion opportunities.

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,163 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

They were built with the genestealer cult upgrade sprue in mind so if the cult heads fit these should too. I'll find out for you on Saturday since I have some Cadian Heads kicking around :) 

• Gree and chamberlainskeksil like this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,963 posts

Just had an email from GW regarding the House Orlock Collection I preordered on Saturday:

Thanks for ordering the House Orlock Collection. We just wanted to let you know that, due to a small gang turf war, the Orlock gang themselves will be sent separately from the cards and dice. You will receive an order confirmation for the second package soon, and both packages will be delivered to your chosen destination on time, at no additional cost. We have even cleaned off the gore for you!

Enjoy your new products.

Not entirely sure what's going on here, especially given that everything will turn up on time - but hey at least they've reached out and told us about it. I even appreciate the little commentary about the turf war, and 'wiping off the gore' before sending it on.

i suspect that there's an issue with the ganger production somewhere along the line, and they're just covering themselves in case they can't get orders out for Saturday.

• Juggernut likes this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,314 posts
  • Faction: Da Bears

Maybe they have separate distributors for the minis and the dice/tiles etc?

"Never die easy."

Gorthaur

Gorthaur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

The dice and tiles are probably outsourced and made by some other manufacturer, as I think GW makes their plastics themselves but who knows about the other stuff.

My Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus painting log:

http://www.bolterand...s/#entry4015231

Black Orange

Black Orange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,518 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

This gang always reminds me of the 80s band Lover Boy. :D

• Knight of Lupus likes this

No one can beat my Wu Tang Sword Style!my 40k blog:

https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Ultramarines 247
wc.jpg

Blood and Honor!

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue is a term used by losers

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,115 posts
  • Faction: Cadian 333rd, the "Half-Damned"
Orlocks? Funny way to spell Acolytes ;)

*goes off to find a way to make acolytes worth it*
  • chamberlainskeksil likes this

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Calgar 2.0

Calgar 2.0

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors 5th Company

Blanche already made some awesome conversion with them.

Where? I must see this!
Check out his facebook and/or Instagram

I can't seem to find pics of his conversions. Any chance you could link it?
gallery_63510_9694_707.gifgallery_30308_9518_886.jpg

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,067 posts
I'll hold off till I know for sure how they are handling the GSC.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,089 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

GSC are next month in WD so not too long ;) 

• Battybattybats likes this

34625419033_b96a180fe5_o.png

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,035 posts
Ill be picking up some Orlocks for our next turf war. Ive really been enjoying Necromunda in our local league.
The rules may seem awkward at first but its really easy after a few games.
  • Reyner likes this

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,539 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

This gang always reminds me of the 80s band Lover Boy. :D

I actually think Fred Durst is the leader of the Orlocks.
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Tach

Tach

++ ECCLESIARCH ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 550 posts
  • Faction: Legio Bolter & Chainsword

Once FW puts up the weapon packs, I'll pull the trigger on the whole kit. I want to be able to put all of the minis together with the preferred loadouts, and not just limited to what's on the sprues.

• Noserenda likes this
Despots beware, for lo, the time of cleansing is upon you. � Jerimaous 78:33, Liber Damnicus Totalis

ninjasuperspy

ninjasuperspy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts

I think i'm gonna hold off until they show off Van Saar in a teaser. I just have a gut feeling i'll buy into Orlocks and then find updated Van Saar is more my style aesthetic wise. I will probably pick up the book anyways for the lore and tile rules. I do like the Orlocks a lot but I can't afford to collect all six gangs let alone paint all of them. Hopefully the scheme for Van Saar remains green...I like painting green. Sucks they chose to release my favorite 3 gangs last but if the quality of the releases so far is any indication they should look amazing as well. 

Holy moly dude are you me? I'm right there with you. I'm waiting on the Van Saars because I'm all about beardy tech-dudes with wild AdMech-style toys but I'm getting really tempted by the Orlocks just to get some skin in the game right now. I am worried I'm going to lose the battle I'm fighting with my willpower & go buy the Orlock box + cards then replace their heads with scion or skitarii helms so I don't have to paint faces.

Gree

Gree

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,445 posts
So, has anyone has a chance to compare the Orlock parts to the Cadian kits? I'm considering picking up a box of these guys.

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,163 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

My Orlocks should be here today, when I get home I will throw a picture up for you. Head and body then I will see how arms look for the funnies. 

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

ninjasuperspy

ninjasuperspy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts

Sadly I've lost the source for this image (Found on Facebook but can't for the life of me remember where) but hopefully this is a helpful comparison.

27912771 956093147900203 6971726278937909188 O

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users