Witch hunters codex in 8th

Atrus

I got nostalgic tonight and pulled out the old WH codex ans after drooling over the black white artworks I took a look at the unit entries.

I was struck by how similar the point costs from then and now are. There isnt too much difference eg WH multi melta is 25pts today is 27.

Has anyone considered trying playing an 8th ed game with the old dex? The only thing i can really see needing tweaking is the AoF themselves.

The one that grants +2s but at I1 can easily be +2S and strikes last.

The +2I could simply be Slaanesh' quicksilver strike rule.

The AP1 on 6 to wound in shooting becomes -4ap on 6 to wound in shooting and/or assault.

The fearless one autopasses morale and the unit may fall back and shoot and assault as normal.

The armour save becomes invo save one would stay the same.

Aside from that, use all pts and unit restrictions and entries as per the dex. Probably use power weapons as their equivalent in 8th.

Restricted to pure sisters as things like arcos are trickier to transfer on account of power weapons of the day ignoring all armour and i dont know if thatd be a bit much these days.

Im curious as to how compatible it could be?

Honestly, I'd love to see something that mixes it up. Sisters units provide Faith as a resource, you spend Faith on Acts, different Acts cost different amounts of Faith. You have a pool at the start, a certain amount depending on units and whatnot regenerates per turn. Then small/mediocre AoF can be cheap and the more powerful ones can be more expensive. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd love to see something that mixes it up. Sisters units provide Faith as a resource, you spend Faith on Acts, different Acts cost different amounts of Faith. You have a pool at the start, a certain amount depending on units and whatnot regenerates per turn. Then small/mediocre AoF can be cheap and the more powerful ones can be more expensive.

Command points? These would be stratagems in 8th ya?