Will Grey Knights be fixed by the March FAQ?

Holier Than Thou

Did anyone bring a pure GK list?

I very much doubt it. The people attending Adepticon are probably quite competitive, there's no reason they would take our trash Codex. Most likely the only representation we would have had would be some allied GMNDKs.

Time to get rid of the Supreme Command Detachment.

This.

I was thinking about it, you could keep it, but change how many CP it grants, ie, 0 or -1. Might stop people spamming those units while still allowing choice. Still, CP army access makes it hard to balance.

They really need to redo the CP generation method.

I feel, that "one HQ of the same type per detachment" rule will become universal by the next Chapter Approved. Probably best and easiest way to get rid of good HQ spam etc. Some armies of course get hurt, but not GK. Just no more battalions with double GMNDK. This will nerf Supreme Command too, because it is almost always about maximizing same choice.

I feel, that "one HQ of the same type per detachment" rule will become universal by the next Chapter Approved. Probably best and easiest way to get rid of good HQ spam etc. Some armies of course get hurt, but not GK. Just no more battalions with double GMNDK. This will nerf Supreme Command too, because it is almost always about maximizing same choice.

If they just removed the supreme command detachment, they wouldn't need any rules like that. Every other detachment has a tax of at least 3 other units, so to spam a HQ, you are going to be paying a lot in troops/elites/fast attack etc (depending on the army ofc).

It'll probably come out in April. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if it comes out today or tomorrow I'd say that means it won't take account of anything from Adepticon, if it's any later than that then maybe they'll have amended it to incorporate feedback from Adepticon.

Mate of mine watches a load of battle reports online.

Told me he watched one with the new Tau dex facing the GK.  Tau (and this is someone who had just picked up the Codex) wiped the floor with the GK.

But one of the comments from the Video was something along the lines of;

"You shouldn't test a new Codex versus the weakest Codex"

:'(

Is there anyone who doesn't think GK is the worst Codex released for 8th?

That was the tabletop tactics one I would guess. The dice were not with the gk player that game. He also fielded 4 squads of interceptors and 3(?) squads of terminators. The damage 2 riptide cannon ate them pretty quick :( a further nail in the terminators coffin :(

That was the tabletop tactics one I would guess. The dice were not with the gk player that game. He also fielded 4 squads of interceptors and 3(?) squads of terminators. The damage 2 riptide cannon ate them pretty quick :( a further nail in the terminators coffin :(

Yeah, the Tau player had 2 Riptides and his Commanders had quad fusion loadouts.

Interestingly, the GK player was "The Spider" Lawrence, the guy who won one of the GW Tournaments last year with the famous Guilliman + 6 Assualt Cannon Razorback list. His second favourite army on his channel is GKs though he admits the codex is not up to snuff when it comes to Tournament-level.

I keep hoping GW contacts Lawrence (or he provides input to them) when it come to improvements for the GK codex, if they ever plan to revisits our specific rules/units/profiles.

10min ago on Facebook. “Delaying the March faq just a little bit so we can integrate our findings from AdeptiCon with your feedback. Stay tuned for further announcements”...

"Hmm, GK did nothing of note in the tournament. We should probably nerf them to make sure they aren't OP, better safe than sorry".

10min ago on Facebook. “Delaying the March faq just a little bit so we can integrate our findings from AdeptiCon with your feedback. Stay tuned for further announcements”...

It'll probably come out in April. :rolleyes:

Haha, so I might be right that the March FAQ is released in April.

Archived