Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Combat Patrol Tournament

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts

Hi all,

Going to compete in a 500pt patrol tournament in early march, and I was thinking of the following list for entering with;

• HQ
    • Chaos Lord

Selections: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Plasma pistol, Power axe, Warlord

• Elites
    • Foul Blightspawn

Selections: Fugaris' Helm

• Troops
    • Plague Marines
      • Plague Champion

Selections: Plague knife, Plasma gun, Power fist

• 3x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
      • Plague Marine w/ melee weapons

Selections: Flail of Corruption

• Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon

Selections: Blight launcher

• Plague Marines
      • Plague Champion

Selections: Boltgun, Plague knife, Power fist

• 3x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
      • Plague Marine w/ melee weapons

Selections: Flail of Corruption

The idea was to have a utility based list, with the Chaos lord pairing nicely with the blight launchers due to the arch-contaminator trait. I realise that the list will struggle movement wise, but with limited points available (500) I wanted as much versatility in there as possible. So, what do you think? 

~ Skeggold

'All is decay... All is ruin. To resist the Grandfather's blessings is to spurn life itself. Throw off the yoke of the Corpse God's oppression, and take up arms in the name of Nurgle. Only then will you find the truth that the Imperium so cruelly denies you.'

Book of Gehennon, Apostle of Nurgle

http://www.bolterand...the-fetid-hand/

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I play lots of 500 point vs tyranid.
In my experience, you will want a balesword instead of the power axe, since you are taking arch-contaminator.
Consider the biologus instead of the foul blight spawn, it unlock the blight bombadment stratagem. Thoug this is arguable.
In my experience, you cant deal with a hive tyrant equivalent. Consider how you are gona deal with heavy target, blight bombardment or some melta.

Personally, I would go 1x10 plague marine, then some fodder troop, a support elite of choice and a DP if possible.
DP is the best possible HQ since he is a reroll provider, a psyker and a beat stick, all while being untargetable.
  • Skeggold likes this

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts

Thanks for the input! I do agree that I should probably add a DP, if only so I can at least add pysker power to my force. In one of my previous battles I was able to do some good damage on a dreadnought thanks to my blight launcher (only had one at the time), so my reasoning for taking so many was as a versatile weapon that could deal with infantry as well as taking some wounds off vehicles, especially with the re-roll combo from arch contaminator. 

I'm not too keen on the fodder troop options in small games as I only have poxwalkers at the moment, and would only be able to fit in 11 with the proposed list. I don't know if this would add much other than to keep the PMs alive, but with a 10 man squad I could only take 2 special weapons (+1 from champion), leaving me with even less firepower? I could pick a biologus putrifier but sadly I don't have the model, and if I could only really justify to the bank buying that or a DP sweat.gif

So, new list;

• HQ
    • Daemon Prince of Nurgle

Selections: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Hellforged sword, Miasma of Pestilence, Warlord

• Elites
    • Foul Blightspawn

Selections: Fugaris' Helm

• Troops
    • Plague Marines
      • Plague Champion

Selections: Plague knife, Plasma gun, Power fist

• 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun

• Plague Marines
      • Plague Champion

Selections: Plasma Gun, Plague knife, Power fist

• 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun

What do you think? 

~ Skeggold

Edited by Skeggold, 11 February 2018 - 12:55 PM.

'All is decay... All is ruin. To resist the Grandfather's blessings is to spurn life itself. Throw off the yoke of the Corpse God's oppression, and take up arms in the name of Nurgle. Only then will you find the truth that the Imperium so cruelly denies you.'

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
I prefer my DP with double claw, more attacks hard to argue with.
Other than that, looks as good as its gonna get.

I dont feel less firepower to be an issue, my small games usually end up in melee pretty quick.
Depends what you expect to face.

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts

Well, it turns out there are a few more rules that have been released for the tournament. Due to these, no HQ choices are allowed, no models with a toughness greater than 7, more than 6 wounds, better than 2+ save, more than 300pts of one type of unit... so quite restrictive in that respect! I guess that does at least free up a load of points for other things. Any suggestions where I should spend my points? I am looking at using 300pts for PMs as I can't use much else from the codex that has special weapons and is allowed by the rules. Maybe a unit of 10 poxwalkers, and then an extra elite choice? 

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
Poxwalker and blightbringer
Then maybe dedicate a plaguemarine sqad to melee? I assume you have access to the cloud of fly stratagem.

Skeggold

Skeggold

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts

Ok good stuff, I'll add more melee capability and fill the remaining points with poxwalkers and a blightbringer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users