Terminator Sorcerer model options

Skerr

I am planning on using the FW 1k sons Legion Praetor as a base for my termie sorcerer though wanted to confirm he is in termie armor. It looks clunky enough though want to make sure. Can someone clarify please?

I have bits from the Terminator Lord kit, like the familiar, and other 1k sons bitz to 1k it up.

What is everyone else using?

Edited by Skerr

I kitbashed a SOT with the Chaos Lord in Terminator armour kit, mainly using the SOT unique head crest, along with arms on the chaos lord as a base.

I used a hand holding a flaming orb from the tzeentch Heralds kit ( to represent the Orb of Dark matter ) and his familiar is the 

" mini-lord of change " familiar from the Silver Tower game.

Everything fits pretty well, i'll post up a pic once he's finished being painted up 

I've got two Terminator Sorcerers -- one of which is a boring standard Sorcerer in Terminator Armor kit assembly, and another which I built a week or two ago which I just used the spare Scarab Occult Terminator torso and head instead of those from the box. (I had the idea even before the codex pic was leaked! Honest! Because I wouldn't have built him with the axe if I knew he couldn't take it just from the T-Sons codex...and I would've kitbashed him a spare SOT Inferno Combi-Bolter instead of the silly-looking combi-bolter from the box.) Nothing cool to look at yet, though, since I only just primed him today, and I've been terribly uninspired to paint the standard Sorcerer.

Thanks Boomwolf thats great news on the Praetor. I will switch out the kits bolter for the inferno and maybe magnetize the staff and sword. Creative use of an icon of flame, spare stave top to decorate. Add familiar. Viola.

Also a cool idea to use the heralds orb.

Yeah the termie sorcerer from the box is slightly dated, the head really ha, i see great potential with the SOT parts as well.

thanks guys!

I actually use the Praetor straight... as is. for my Terminator Sorcerer needs. 

I love pretty much the entire line from Forgeworld on the 30k stuff for the sons, the praetor was given to me as a gift by the G/F for Christmas, been loving that model, the only thing I am tempted to change is the combi-bolter into an inferno-combi I have from the scarab occult kit....but I am *VERY* hesitant to take a knife to that goregous forgeworld model........ 

So I am leaving it at is for the moment, ill probably paint runes or esoteric symbols on the bolter when i get around to formally painting him. 

I actually use the Praetor straight... as is. for my Terminator Sorcerer needs.

That solidifies it for me. The model IS great on its own and subtle changes I was thinking was scraping preHH icon off the circular pad on over his sturnam and overlay the scarab occults sorcerers "belt buckle" of the burning eye. The bolter is cool though I am going to put an SO Sorcerers combi bolter in its left hand and force stave Beetle topper from the Exalted kit in his right so his leading with his Forcestave. I was thinking of adding a bird skull to the exiating crest or replacing the crest all together.. I like the one SOT Sorcerers chin guard/ crest that looks like the flaming eyeball and has the tusk blades and was thinking of converting it.

Though i largly want to leave it pre HH with a bit of corruption. The shoulder pads, helm robes, over all armor really, Great mini!

After reading these boards the past week I decided i need one and the Legion Praetor fits the bill. I'm looking at metallic red for him to match my Crimson Sons inspired faction. though i also think he would look cool on my white faction but all my SOTs are metallic blue, haha I thought i had this figured out.

Edited by Skerr

Kitbashed the BaC terminator captain with some various other bits to make my own version of the forgeworld praetor (made it in the window between where they first showed the praetor model but didn't have it available to buy). Main difference is the combi-melta which probably isn't optimal loadout, but since I just paint rather than play not going to try and swap it now.

Tasar Final Front

I'm using the chaos terminator lord using the body and Anubis head from Wargames exclusive.

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/thousand-sons-terminators-conversion-set/

I also have the FW Praetor but he is the SOT sorcerer of the Sekmet squad (using FW Sekmet models as my 2nd SOT squad, just for the sake of diversifying my army)

• 3 weeks later...

I started converting my Legion Praetor last night. I cut the bolter from the right hand/ forearm and picked out a spare staff and topper from the ES kit.

I have a spare SOS inferno combo and SOS power sword with plans to magnetize them. The resin cuts pretty easily and expect it will drill pretty easily into the left forearm. I want to pin both ends of the staff into the hand and likely pin the forearm itself to the model.

A couple other details is add a bird skull to his crest and file down the pre hh sun on his lower torso and replace with fiery serpent transfer. Plan on painting gems and other circular adornments as eyeballs.

I want to keep the pre HH feel and not go over board though maybe mount an icon of flame on his back pack?

I hope to start painting him this weekend.

Who here has been using him as your warlord?

Took the old Inquisitor in Terminator Armor with the hood and chopped his legs off at the knees to get rid of the iconography, then glued on the lower legs and some arms from the Terminator Lord Kit, along with an Inferno-Combi. Changed the staff head from the Lord kit with a spare from my Scarab Occult, then added one of the rear robe pieces from an Electro Priest. Looks pretty good and fixes the scale issue with that old model.

As others here, I've just ordered Scarab Occult legs and shoulderpads from eBay and used spare parts (torso and arms) from the Scarabs to build it. Not really original, but rather cheap (it costed around 5€ I think, while the official Terminator Sorcerer model is 20).

Note : I use the cloak torso for him. My Scarab Occult Sorcerer has a regular torso (he's just an Aspiring Sorcerer after all...)