”Good thinking brother Atratus. Now that we know theyre cornered, Brother Varvost, with the speed afforded you by you jump pack, go retieve Brother Thorvalds Frag Cannon. How do you feel about giving them a taste of their own medicine?”

The lights flickered and shut down. His work continued as his multi vision lenses took over without Sabaan consciously noticing. He could have done this total darkness, rote and ritual so much as hard wired into his mind. But going through the rites focused him. The simulated combat still felt ..wrong.. and the ghostly unreality apparently opened his mind to wandering... This would have to end.

The Calculus did not seem in their favor. He had apparently miscalculated the defensive capabilities of his half clave or underestimated the factors among the other half. He snarled his frustration and his battleplate responded in kind. The Medusan rage, the urge to completely annihilate the opposition surged. He tempered it, as always, with iron. This exercise was supposed to assess the performance of his allies and improve their efficiency. It was clearly succeeding in this.There were several inefficiencies on his side of the Calculus apparent already. He would work on them and refactor his observation regarding the other Astartes in future projections.

Of course, there were still iterations open to possibilities. And if the the opponent could not be outcalculated, well, they could simply be outfought. Sabaan was quite ready to beat his "brothers" to simulated pulp using nothing but the iron of his fists if it came to that. But he wasn't quite there - yet.

Sabaan had thus far not decided to involve the machine spirit of their transfer vessel in this quarrel. It had seemed ... undignified. Which was a very unusual notion to an Iron Hand. It limited his effectiveness. He inwardly blamed his Martian Mentor. But the opposition had just crossed that line. "Leave unto the Emperor what is the Emperor's and to the Omnissiah what is the Omnissiah's". His Mentor had been quite fond of quoting ancient scripture exloads. This was meddling in the Omnissiah's domain if nothing else and thus, by extension, in the domain of a Techmarine. Had Sabaan been capable of something so human, he would have called it insulting. But he was an Iron Hand. He would not get mad. He would simply get even.

He gestured towards the Storm Son. The Battlesign indicated "Engage maglock to decking."

Nycax then opened his vox and blurted an binharic invocation.

++By the Omnissiah, heed the appeal of One who has crossed the Sands of Blessed Mars. Engage fire fighting protocols I to XVIII in the cargo area designated 59-004. Exclude staging slash access area sinistra. Disengage grav projection in area 59-004. Exclude staging area sinistra. Continue protocols. Encrypt Access to Environmental Ritual. Do not Accept further Comands from this area unless by this encryption or as countermanded by a ranking Magos of naval liaison. Engage.++

The environment featured prominently in the Calculus. Their current environment was inside a blessed vessel of the Omnissiah. It was as close to home to Sabaan as it would get. Another of his Mentor's quotes uploaded into his consciousness. "Look upon my works, ye mighty. And despair."

Going to salvage a heavy stubber and taking up an over Watch position as in the original plan.

Turning on the fire extinguishers and turning off the gravity makes the sniping conditions hopefully a bit more challenging. All that foam and flying boxes... I believe it's also a step up in difficulty for close combat - at least when failing.

If it makes them cold and miserable, all the better. ;)

GM: Solastion, Varvost and Atratus - take a challenging (+0) initiative test to see whether you react reflexively to mag-lock yourselves to the deck; otherwise, you will be floating until your next turn. Atratus does have a go at the end of the turn sequence, so that may not be the biggest hardship.

Varvost Initiative Test (42): 55 (FAIL)

There is a flare of light and sound as the stabilisation jets and grav plates on Atratus' jump pack flare into life, adjusting for the new conditions. The change no doubt meant to bring distraction but he felt more at ease, a raptor in flight unbound by the erratic pull of ships ancient gravity generators.

Roll 35 - which I guess is a pass if it's an agility test of some kind?

Red Team / GM :

ok - plan of attack.

Atratus moves up to one side of the hatch (burst of speed if required - though he's pretty fast with his pack)

Varvost drags Solaston up to the other side with the door controls

Solaston enters squad mode as his action

(blue turn - they will either be setting overwatch, setting traps, or blocking up the door to drag it out. Atratus has been watching them thus far and they haven't done any of these things ... but will almost certainly be doing one of these things)

(red turn 2 - Atratus will wait to Act with Varvost.

Solaston uses the regroup defensive stance and opens - which is a free full move action for Atratus and Varvost, between our packs and armour bonus it is enough to get us both into melee anywhere in the room while ignoring overwatch. Then the pair of us drop out to use feat of strength (or blood frenzy) and take full action attacks against our respective targets.

(blue turn 2 - some plays dodge the servo arm... assuming one of us didn't get blown up by traps and the other shot in the back)

(red turn 3 - Solaston plays clean-up with an eye to bringing the servo skulls together is everything else has gone tits up - technically a win for our team)

If no objections then this would start with Atratus's current action changing to his advance. Worst case scenario is that they open the door first, but without knowing what we are up to I don't think there is any reason they would give up their advantage.

The armour was locked tight around him and he knew from bitter experience that when MKVII warplate was unpowered and clinched up, the wearer did not move.  He blinked to full wakefulness and in a second realised where he was and why.  The gentle thrumming vibration of the deck was gone.  All was silence - but unlike the silence that had presaged danger and the explosion of storming a room with the maw of a heavy bolter staring at his opposition, this was more worrying.  Training protocols could be abandoned quickly in an emergency, but what if this was something so devastating to the ship that carried them in her wrought iron bones had been struck a blow so telling, communications were out?

A Marine's mind can race if left to it's own devices.  He relied on experience to temper that.  The pit of his stomach lurched and for a moment he thought he was falling, but the Lyman's Ear cured that immediately when the falling did not cease.

Weightless...?

His increased heart rate fired up his systems to minimal power.  He accessed the datavault and poured through the reams of technical information there, picking out what he understood.  He chuckled inside his helm and activated noise suppression once again.  The only thing he could hear was his own breathing.  He calmed himself and selected a low register vox channel.  It would affect nothing and no-one would hear beyond himself and the recipient.  He appended the Astartes communication invective <<Priority>> <<Sub-vocal>> <<Emergency Power>> which would trigger the machine spirit of the other Marine to wake to the same state.  He would continue his appraisal of the team, inch by inch, trying to gauge who would be the right weapon for the right role in Vaidan's arsenal.

<<Tyber>>

GM/ Tyber Only:

+Since we only have time to kill, as opposed to each other, Dragon of Caliban, why have you come to the Deathwatch?+

He half expected the big Marine to obey ritual protocol to the letter.  He smiled again.  He would learn - he caught himself.  Maybe they both would.

MR.

Initiative?: 1d100 30 assuming you meant Intelligence instead of Initiative (since it doesnt exist as a stat), thats a Pass. If you meant Agility, Solastion still passes.

"Hnh, Brother Varvost, if you could aid me in reaching the door, having all of us present when we breach will be beneficial." Solastion says as he disengages his magboots, something he subconsciously did as he felt the gravity fade. Being on a Space Hulk for as long as he was seemed to have some beneficial effects.

Solastion will place a hand on Varvosts shoulder so that he can jump pack them to the door; squad mode is already active he will wait until his next turn to activate Regroup and/or Open the door.

Edited by Slips

For MR / GM

+Since we only have time to kill, as opposed to each other, Dragon of Caliban, why have you come to the Deathwatch?+

Tyber took himself from his thoughts, checking to see if his mag boots were engaged before running through the protocols for the practice mode, his mind wandered to that of his squad leader during the drop on HSC-296 +It is well and good to follow orders, better to see those orders as guidelines as to action and not dogma. The Emperor let us keep our minds, let us not waste them like those of the 13th legion.+

Making his choice, Tyber responds to Akkad’s query.

+ Simple math really, brother. I seek a captaincy with in my home chapter, to get into the command track, I require a Crux Terminatus.+

He pauses for a moment, choosing his next words carefully, to not give away much of his home chapter’s methods.

+There are three ways to gain one in my home chapter, an invitation to our first company, be the champion of the grand melee or gain it from a respected outside source. The first is extremely hard to gain, the second happens once per hundred Terran years. That leaves service with the Death Watch.+

He takes a breath, centering himself before asking.

+I ask you the same questions?+

SC (Tyber) /GM:

+I ask you the same questions?+

Akkad absorbed this for a moment, then smiled, the big Marine was being careful and rightfully so.  It was not done to just blurt Chapter secrets to those other than kin - especially himself, a bitter note discoloured his thoughts.  Being honest was maybe the best policy here.  They needed to trust each other - however, how zealous Tyber was in his Chapter Doctrine had not yet been established, but a willingness to take the Apocryphon Oath and his admission to his inexperience spoke volumes.  He had the honesty of the young, as well as their ambition.  He repaid it in the same coin, his tone level and voice warm.

+I regret It was not by choice Ahu - + He corrected himself immediately, without thinking it he had used the familiar term for Brother in Badabian, he would explain later maybe, but it was a sign of how much he was comfortable with this younger warrior.

+ - Brother, there was no grand tournament for me, even though I wore the Crux with great pride.  When our Chapter Master fell to the Orks in battle, we elected someone who did not favour those close to his predecessor.  By politics was a blade put to my throat and by expediency I was sent here.+  He fought the bitter melancholy down from his voice, suddenly just needing to confide.  His voice became soft and gently wistful, as if his eyes could see out past his helm and pierce the blackness between the Swordpoint Stars, all the way to Badab's fields.

+ I have some regrets, but I will do service to my homeland and the Emperor with all my strength, no matter where I stand.  The things you speak of, the earning of the Crux, it is right that these things are difficult, for the Crux is worth any hardship - your goal is worthy.  The want to command men in battle should be coveted by those willing and capable - but beware young Tyber, for whilst some men have ambition and become great, some have ambition to become Tyrants.+  Suddenly, like a frost thawing, in the moment of silence between them, he changed tack.

+You need to keep your left elbow up.+  He infused the last words with a smile.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM)

+You need to keep your left elbow up.+

Tyber smirked under his helm, yet also felt curiosity at the word ‘Ahu’ it was not one that he knew, though the way Akkad spoke it, he had little doubt it was someone that Akkad had known.

+That is true about Great Leaders and Tyrants… they are often opposite sides of the same coin… Something the Dragons have learned the hard way...+ he pauses for a moment, considering his growing level of trust with Akkad. +I am sure you noticed my contempt for our human ward; the Dragons have had a… antagonistic relationship with humans that carry the mark of the Inquisition, since the aftermath of the Emperor’s Ascension to the golden thrown. Part of my service with the Death Watch is to shore up relations with other branches of the Inquisition.+

Tyber relaxes as much as he can in his locked Mk VIII plate, enjoying this conversation with Akkad, it reminded him of home, with his brothers before HSC-296.

Edited by Steel Company

SC (Tyber) / GM:

+...Part of my service with the Death Watch is to shore up relations with other branches of the Inquisition.+
Akkad could not help himself, his reply came back with deep sincerity and an intonation of respect.

+A Chapter that teaches it's Sons caution around the Inquisition is filled with wise counsel. The Inquisition have no business in Astartes affairs - we bend the knee because we must, but how we do things should be our own matter. The division of power was made by the Lord Guilliman for a reason and every Imperial Organisation needs to respect that. Even them. As for humans, I am not surprised when they fail, they are not us. Sometimes though, they surprise me anyway.+ The last words were almost allowed, almost grudging. 

He was silent a moment as his thoughts branched down a few other paths, how the Astral Claws were sacrificing to secure the Maelstrom, a lawless and treacherous area, bring the Law of the Emperor and his rule to the darkness in hearts and between stars. The Astral Claws and their sworn brothers would and must, must take every measure to hold dow the place no-one but they could tame. Like Huron? A voice in his soul reigned him in. No, he protested, not like that. The right way, the Astartes way.  He snapped back to the present.

+ I think we have taken a poisonous serpent to our breast in this....interrogator.  However, it is a calculated risk.  Sometimes it is useful to have a human to speak to humans.  I have tried before, but I was told I was...blunt.+  He chuckled a little, relaxing and warming to the conversation.  It had been a long time since he had shared such moments with any he would call brother.

+Your strikes are unorthodox in final execution, but match many in the textbooks - tell me, what foes have fallen to your Oathblade?+

MR.

MR (Akkad) / GM

+Your strikes are unorthodox in final execution, but match many in the textbooks - tell me, what foes have fallen to your Oathblade?+

Tyber thought back to that hill on HSC-296, the metal skeletons raining green lighting on him and his squad leader as they charged up. They had survived the destruction of their Razorback when the plasma fuel containers had ignited due to the weapons of the skeletons arcing inside the hull. He recalled looking over his shoulder after having dispatched the skeletons and seeing them vanish, he was proud of himself “Senior Adavan, did you see…” as he turned to question his squad leader, he only saw Adavan’s headless body laying half way up the hill. Taking a moment to look skyward, the blue sky had become thick and dark with clouds, green lighting arcing between them as black rain started to fall. Knowing of nothing he could do, he pressed on to link up with his Claw Captain.

+I learned the name of them once I joined the Death Watch, Necrons.+ he said with a heaviness to his voice. +They were the first foe I have faced in real battle and they exacted a heavy toll on my home company.+

Tyber pauses for a few heart beats, HSC-296 had been his first real test it was a place that was bitter sweet to him, he lost brothers, many brothers, yet he had stood shoulder to shoulder with his Claw Captain, been present for command level decisions at the end, it showed him where he wanted to be. The first steps had been taken, the Death Watch would be his path to Command, not mater the foes he had to face, he would be victorious.

Bringing himself back to the conversation, he asked of Akkad, +Any truly memorable foes brother?+

SC (Tyber) / GM:

+Any truly memorable foes brother?+

It seemed Tyber had a knack of asking straight questions that required, on the surface of it, straight answers, but with all the experience of Akkad's years, the answers were far more complicated than that. He ruminated on the brief tale Tyber had related - Necrons....Necrons. He turned the word over in his mind and then sub-vocally in his mouth.  It was angular and alien, much like the otherworldly foes Tyber had destroyed - or had seemed to.  He had not been able to inload the Teraquads of data held on all the foes of the Deathwatch yet.  He had studied the familiar first - looking for something he could relate to - the Dark Eldar, Pirates, Xenos co-operators, Orks, Tyranids.

He almost said that he had no memorable foes, that each one was just another foe vanquished and buried in the dust of defeat, but that was to deny the real, visceral experience of massed warfare, individual combat against enemies with techniques so strange that each fight was a brutal learning curve.  He spoke briefly of Hellsiris, the giants of the Adeptus Mechanicus, Warhound Titans, against endless heathen constructed tanks and serried ranks of madmen - and capering, cavorting throngs of those worse than madmen.  He did not extrapolate further and sensed he had no need, Tyber would know all too well it was not wise to even speak of warp-spawned horror in hushed tones.

From the insanity of Hellsiris to his time with Melindra Orduul and the Fall of Joq, where he, Squad Akkad and human Rogue Trader Armsmen, fought against wave after wave at the gates of the Silver Citadel, holding back a tide of bloody Orks.  That huge one, that dwarfed them all - Orks or Astartes alike - the brutal cleaver 8 feet in length it wielded like a toy and hacked Enkadil in twain with.  That bastard took some killing.  Even after blasting it with his Combi-Plasma Chorus, the burly brute still came on, white hot fire sloughing off flesh, bone and armour plating alike.  He had snatched up Enkadil's fallen Lascannon and shot the Ork in the chest at point-blank range.  It had still tried to hack him up with its arm even as Akkad flash-fried all its internal organs.  If not for Nebuczor and his combat knife slamming into its eye, the swine may have connected.

He finished the retelling with a sigh that came right up from his armoured sabatons and allowed a wry smile to infect his words.  He heard the note of melancholy in the voice of the big Marine as he described the loss of his brethren. A familiar feeling.

+ One or two, Brother.  One or two.  Some memorable friends as well. +

MR.

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM)

Tyber shifted as much as he could in his locked armour, seeing what systems he could access in this state, finally taking some time to look into the enhanced command and squad support functions of his Mk. VIII plate, it was not lost on Tyber how much like himself the armour was very new. He recalled being gifted the armour by both Master Voltarn and Claw Captain Vasquez for his actions on HSC-296, a replacement for his heavily damaged Mk IV. He had faced things, horrors, which had burst from the ground covered in the flesh of those that they had killed with their bladed fingers. He had seen them shuffle with a mechanical, unnatural gait that had reminded him of the recorded images of the Martian automatons from the great crusade. Ye the most unsettling foe he recalled from HSC-296 had been the units that had the head and arms of a man, yet a serpentine body, when attacked they would become see through, attacks would pass right through them, leaving them unharmed, only to make themselves solid again, once they had shoved their bladed fingers into the bodies of other Astartes.

He hated these moments, quiet and in the dark, it forced him to go over HSC-296 in his mind, to see what could have been done differently. Akkad’s choice to converse with him had been a welcomed release from thinking on the past, learning from it was important, dwelling on it was detrimental.

+ I do not mean to pry, brother. I am trying to understand those I call brother now. As an ancient mortal once said “If you know yourself and the enemy, you will not know loss in battle.” Our self, is now our squad, I have lost the squad I stood with before, due to not knowing ourselves or our enemy… I do not want that to happen again.+

Edited by Steel Company

SC (Tyber) / CM (GM):

+....I have lost the squad I stood with before, due to not knowing ourselves or our enemy… I do not want that to happen again.+

Daon listened.  A Sergeant's ears were a vital tool in keeping the health and spirit of his Squad high and whilst humans were easier to inspire by a Space Marine, another equal was altogether a different proposal.  A Marine lived on a knife edge of duty, sacrifice and endless soldiering.  A Chaplain would have had better words for Tyber, something insightful perhaps, reminding the younger Marine of his duty, that a death in service to the Throne was no waste, something to lance the big Marine's reflections upon his losses.  Akkad sighed inwardly, he had caused that, casting Tyber into the past.  A past he too had to shake off.  He had metaphorically shed his old life, his old wants and ambitions within the Astral Claws, but letting go was hard to do, when the ghost of failure stared up at you from a pauldron.

Tyber didn't need a Chaplain's words Akkad finally decided, he needed those of a Sergeant, an elder, a friend.

+You do not pry Ahu + this time he used the term deliberately, warming to it so much that he explained the significance to the big Marine. He took the opportunity to gruff a little at the words of the ancient mortal sage, +whoever said that never stood bathed in the Witch-light of the Maelstrom!+  He chuckled, speaking without rancour. +Besides, another wise mortal once opined that the only foolish questions were those unasked.  I would not test that theory on Varvost though...+ He let the sentence trail away, a wry smile on his lips.

MR.

There is a moment of silence - unusual silence - as the gravitic suspensors cease to function, crates within the cargo bay floating in the air. There is a moment as the room fills with flame-retardant foam, globules of grey-white liquid coagulating and managing to momentarily distract. 

(GM: I will rule that for the briefest of moments Atratus is distracted.)

>>ROUND 9 ENDS<<

>>ROUND 10 BEGINS<<

Initiative Order (AG+D10)

Solastion: (2x3) + 10 = 16 (FATE POINT)

Vârvost: 4 + 10 = 14 (FATE POINT) 

Sabaan: 4 + 8 = 12 

Greysight: 4 + 4 = 8 

Atratus: 6 + 1 = 7

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM)

+Besides, another wise mortal once opined that the only foolish questions were those unasked.  I would not test that theory on Varvost though...+

Tyber begins to chuckle, a deep true laugh +Perhaps we could get Greysight to ask then.+ He paused in his laughter again, the thought of Varvost in white plate with blue pauldrons entered his mind, causing him to smirk again.

With still some mirth in his voice, Tyber inquired to Akkad +That word, Ahu, I am unfamiliar with it, is it one from your home-world?+

SC (Tyber) / CM (GM):

+That word, Ahu, I am unfamiliar with it, is it one from your home-world?+

Akkad gave a strange bark of a laugh at the thought of Greysight asking Varvost deep and provoking questions.

+I would wager my friend that Greysight would actually get the answers - that one thinks in very...different ways.  I am glad he is here.  As to Ahu, yes - it is an old form of the language of Badab, we have short words for complicated things and long ones for the very simple.  Counting to ten in Badabian Cunieform would take all week!+ He smiled in self-deprecation at the attempted jest.

+It is hard to describe as a concept - it means My Brother, but it is not the same as the term we use, when we refer to each other as brother-in-arms or brother in spirit or cause.  It cleaves more closely - it also depends on our bond.  I suppose the best description for us is "brother in all but blood"+

+Tell me of your home-world Tyber.  Does it have sheer mountains and violet skies?+

MR.

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM)

+Tell me of your home-world Tyber.  Does it have sheer mountains and violet skies?+

Those words bring him back to his home world, Tygrus Primius, a world of deep forests under a blue sky. It was a world of contradictions, perhaps balanced would be a better word for it. The yellow sun beating down on white sandy beaches… He now found himself thinking of the very village he had grown up in, a coastal village, which served two purposes; first and foremost to produce food for the Chapter Fortress that formed the core of the capital city Arce Bellator, the second to produce recruits for the Dragons. Those born in the village of Sinus Speculo were always tall and powerfully built for their age. Everything that happened on that world happened as the Dragons determined it would.

+Tygrus (ooc: pronuced Tie-jir-us) would best be thought of as a contradiction. Verdant and lush forests yet a few kilometers down a road one would find a manufactorum producing armour plates for our tanks. Until I traveled to the capital, I saw little of my home world; I spent my time before induction in a coastal village. I was seven Terran years before being taken to Arce Bellator to begin my service to the Emperor.+ Tyber pauses thinking on how to phrase any more, while avoiding going into depth about the Dragons of Caliban, as the two are as inter-twined as Mars is with the Mechanicum. Finding something in his mind that should answer some questions, he added. +We do have large winged reptiles that live in the more mountainous regions; farmers tend to avoid those areas, as the beasts seem to like the taste and ease of hunting livestock. But we do not have a violet sky, rather blue… almost the depth of blue that the sons of the 13th legion adorn themselves with.+

Again Tyber pauses, thinking over the meaning of Ahu, the concept seemed sound, if similar to a concept on Tygrus; sibling by choice, not that he had a short way of saying such. He considered that to call him such Akkad must feel comfortable with him, perhaps has comfortable as Adavan had made himself feel with his former Senior Brother.

+What of your homeworld  Ahu?+ he paused listing closely to hear Akkad’s tone towards him for using the same phrase.

SC (Tyber) / CM (GM):

+What of your homeworld Ahu?+

Akkad relaxed at the word, impressed with the intonation and the quick grasp of the concept.  This younger Marine would make his mark - if he lived.  Daon's jaw tightened.  I will do my best to see to it.  May the Emperor watch over us both in this Vigil.

+ Your home sounds fascinating + He spoke with a gentle awe in his voice, maybe a wistfulness, he couldn't tell, but there was no malice or sarcasm in it.  +I think we come from very different worlds...I come from the city, one of the children of a minor Noble, trained in politics and war from early on - but my home was always the mountains, where the air was clean and the people honest.  In the evenings the sky would change from azure to amethyst and the twin moons Enlil-Ukaz and Ursabet would circle Badab.  We have no predators like yours, but we have something altogether more dangerous+ here his voice became firm and took on a tone of warning, + The Maelstrom.  May a million curses lie upon it+ 

And maybe they do.  He thought darkly.  Maybe they do.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

MR (Akkad) / CM (GM)

Noble Tyber rolled that word over in his mind, his service as Adavan’s squire had included instruction of different forms of government, as a youth the concept had been as alien to him. On his home world, those did not exist; your life was determined by where you were born, if the yearly inspection of the Apothecarium did not find a male youth to be compatible with the gene seed of the legion. A son of a fisherman would be a fisherman, the daughter of a manufactorum worker would be a manufactorum worker, all were subservient to the Legion, and the Legion was subservient to the Emperor and only the Emperor.

+Your home sound wondrous, perhaps one day I will set foot on a world similar. I wonder what kind of worlds our fellow brothers hail from… +

If possible:

Solastion, will hold his action to see if Varvost will "give him a lift". If he does and the door switch to the room is "foot operable" Solastion will maglock himself to the wall and, once the rest of his squad is ready, activate the switch to open the door by, essentially, stomping on it.

This way he can have: Krak Grenade in the off hand, Chainsword Main hand and then use his feet to open the door.

If opening the Door is a free action, then he'll use a ready action to prepare the Regroup Squad Mode ability to aid his brothers in performing the Breach & Clear.

If not possible:

Solastion will just, not as badassly, ready himself to open the cargo bay door and, once his squad mates give the signal that they are ready, he will flip the switch without the Krak Grenade readied.

"Alright brothers, since Blue Team has decided to turn off localized gravity, lets make use of it. Take them out quickly." he tells his demi-squad over the vox as he visibly readies a krak grenade in his off hand.

This is mainly due to the fact that any grenades they will now throw will, unless deviated by other means, fly in straight lines towards their targets and there won't be any air resistance present to slow them down due to the lack of gravity. With our insane SB's this means that they should make for quite the projectiles.

Also, rather standard breach and clear operation.

P.S Still figuring out Solastions personality, honestly so expect it to change until something happens to crystalize him mentally for me :tongue.:

Edited by Slips

For Slips/DM:

Just a thought - do not open the door _until_ Varvost and Atratus' actions have reset _and_ after you have used regroup, otherwise we'll get pasted with a full round of overwatch and then by a full round of normal shooting by the blue team before we actually get an action, and we'll all be dead :p

For Slips/DM:

Just a thought - do not open the door _until_ Varvost and Atratus' actions have reset _and_ after you have used regroup, otherwise we'll get pasted with a full round of overwatch and then by a full round of normal shooting by the blue team before we actually get an action, and we'll all be dead :tongue.:

That was kinda the plan :P

THERE WAS A satisfying thunk as the mag-lock mechanism engaged, allowing Greysight to stay in position behind the hatchway as his world exploded in an expanding sphere of coagulating white foam. He watched with grim satisfaction as demi-tonnes of unsecured cargo drifted through the white haze, like asteroids drifting through nebulae.

'Quick thinking Sabaan,' voxed Greysight over the vox, mag-locking both bolters to his thighs as he crouched down. 'Keep them busy a few seconds more.' The Storm Son began to feel around his utility belt, near blind in the conditions, until his fingers found what he was looking for.

He grinned.

'Close the hatch,' instructed Greysight, already working.
Edited by Nineswords