Silence.

That dreadful silence was in the air.

The silence that only combat, a heartbeat away can ever provide.  How many times had he been deafened by that silence?  Not even the thundering of his hearts as he raised to full combat power could quench it, not even the cyclone of his breathing, a hurricane to his genehanced ears, pricking for any sounds from beyond that door.  That single, simple, lifless lump of plasteel and cobalt-forged iron that was both a shield and blindfold.  Silence.  That sinking feeling, hollowness in the pit of his stomach, not fear.  Fear had been flensed from him as had much of his surprise at new things.  It took majesty, the arcane or crazy-strange to move him far.  The warmth of Brotherhood, so long forgotten by the Tyrant's Legion smouldered in his breast like embers...waiting, down there in the darkest of his hearts.  In the Silence.

So his thoughts circled, breath upon breath, ache upon ache of limbs held ready too long.  As Astartes, he ignored it, but it reminded him of the reasons his hearts thumped, the hopes trying to birth in his spirit.  Cadence gleamed dully, her chrome-plated bolt assembly and trigger mechanisms proof against dirt.  Waiting.

The colours were clearer, always almost to point it was painful to look at them in their dullness - 200 year old yellow print scarred and pitted on the back of that blasted, bolstered door, the obscenity of servitor brains glooped and dripping on the walls, mixed with stinking incense and ancient lubricant oil, forming a heady concoction of all manner of scents.  The Space Wolf must be swimming in it, he thought,  trying to break the cycle.  The scent was not all to pollute the air.  Dense as thick fog was the dulling cloak of anticipation, of the cells in his body urged to action at a moment's notice, of the nails on chalkboard screeching of the damn silence!

Why didn't they come through?  They are Astartes, Daon, not idiots.  They must know that inside awaited a fusillade of firepower, the brothers cramped around the room, all the weapons they had on fearsome display would have made even a fervent World Eater shrink back in a terrifying orgy of bullets and high-calibre shells that would flay Ceramite from flesh, then blast the flesh from the bone in a stinking, burned, charred smelling butcher-meat.  He remembered back in that bunker on Hellsiris.  A Chaos Dreadnought without and Squad Akkad within.  They could hear that big clunking bastard lumbering around outside, ranting and raging trying to find a way in until Enlil took his Plasma Canon and poked it through a weapon slit.  Emperor's bones the Stench of that traitor's corpse frying...

Silence.  Then...an idea.  A smile.  Silence be damned.

GM and Squad only:

Akkad will use his action to trigger his Auspex. I am looking for Astartes Life Signs within 50m. I am not making a tech use test to look for anything out of the ordinary, just a good old Aliens Motion Tracker test. GM could you please advise what the Auspex reveals outside to that range or advise further. Thanks.

MR.

Tyber hefts up one of the cargo containers, then uses their com net;

+Brother Solastion, I have an idea. I will open the bay and you toss this box in, try to hit one of the Devastators with it to throw off their aim, before we charge in.+

+Brother Varvost, when box lands, dash in and engage.+

+Brother Atraus, as the door opens, lose your shoot, perhaps we will cause a larger disruption.+

Tossing the crate to Solastion, Tyber starts a count on their heads up display, allowing everyone to strike at the same time, his left hand hovering over the rune to open the bay door.

GM and Squaddies

As he peers around the pillar that was blocking his line of sight and notices that the other team was closed the bulkhead leading to their own starting location, Solastion moves forward to join Brother Tyber who informs him of his plan to use the crate as a distraction or cover to which Solastion agrees. If they succeeded in this, then their currently-hostile-squadmates would reveal their positions within...

"So be it Brother-Tyber. Brother Varvost, Brother Atratus, be prepared." He states as he hefts the crate and awaits for Tyber to key the activation before tossing it bodily through the breach at whoever was to be found on the far side of their starting location.

Solastion move forward and attempt to pick up a crate and throw it into Blue Squads room once Tyber opens the door. However, he will do so whilst activating the Feat of Strength Codex Solo Mode Ability to increase his Unnatural Strength Trait by 1 step from Unnat (x) to Unnat (x3) giving him a SB of 15. With his TB of 8, that gives him a new Carry/Lift/Push rating of 26 if relevant (including PA bonuses).

In Full PA this means that his current SB for this toss would be 18 -> (5x3) + 2[PA] + 1[PA History].

If this requires a BS test: BS49 Thrown Object: 1d100 87 AAAAND FP Re-roll (if required) BS49 FP Reroll: 1d100 11 for ~3DoS??

Edited by Slips

With a deft hand Tyber presses down the rune, listening to the hissing of the door, waiting to see what storm comes from the doors as the crate flies in. His eyes linger on the rune that displays his grenade count, for a moment he contemplates tossing in a Krark grenade.

>>Structured Time<<

Initiative Order (AG+D10)

Tyber: (2x4) + 10 = 18 (FATE POINT)

Solastion: (2x3) + 10 = 16 (FATE POINT)

Vârvost: 4 + 10 = 14 (FATE POINT) 

Akkad: 4 + 9 = 13 

Sabaan: 4 + 8 = 12 

Greysight: 4 + 4 = 8 

Atratus: 6 + 1 = 7

Thorvald: 4 + 3 = 7 

As Tyber's gauntleted fist slams into the activation rune, the door grinds open. Almost as soon as the door opens, one of the large cargo crates crashes through the doorway, smashing into the cover occupied by Akkad and Thorvald...

(Thorvald WP test to avoid losing overwatch: WP48 = 98 (FAIL))

...surprising both of the brothers and forcing them into cover, momentarily. 

GM: A.T., if you wish to use your overwatch to fire at Daon as the doors open, you may do so, at a -20BS. 

Igniting his jump pack, Vârvost launches himself through the air, landing outside the room. He nods at Tyber as he readies himself.  

Xin Ceithan / Sabaan: 

You don't need to post now until I tell you you've made it across.

He had hoped for a cleaner shot, but the box had impeded Daons vision briefly and left him open, though almost at the cost of his own accuracy as he was forced to quickly compensate for the sudden movement.

As the devastator raised his weapon to ward off the box flying toward him Atratus saw his target. Through the narrow sliver between the crates a barely visible light burned towards the joint at Akkads armpit, less the lethal toxins that would normally have followed.

GM:

D100:90 Reroll:11: target 42+30(full aim/accurate)+10(range),-20 overwatch = 5 extra DOS

Damage 3d10+4 = righteous fury test = 56 = pass, +1d10 = 3 = total damage = 29, Felling, Pen 7. Toxic for +1d10=9 more damage

Total damage after armour and toughness = 33, the last of it impact type to the arm.

Was Atratus able to pick up anything about positioning through his auspex-scope?

GM: A.T., I would rule that Atratus has not been scoping out the rest of the room as he's been focused down the scope of his rifle waiting for the perfect moment to snipe Akkad. Talking of which...

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Atratus quickly adjusts his scope, knowing his next shot would likely be impaired by return fire and the movement of his allies. With little reason to use it against the servitors in the confines of the ship he had perhaps surprised the others, but would not be so advantaged again.

Atratus hits Akkad for 33 damage (Pen 7) - TB8 and Armour 10- (down to 3) reduces the damage by 11. 22 damage to Akkad. Akkad has 22 wounds so is not yet taking critical damage.

Felling. Total damage including the toxin effect was 38 - so 33 after armour/toughness, then reduced further by the half critical damage trait. I think Akkad basically gets to ignore everything except for the possibility of dropping his weapon before the pain suppressant kicks in and negates all of the penalties.

Will have certainly gotten his attention though :p

EDIT:

A.T. used a overwatch shot - the Ultra Sniper rifle is 1D10+4 - I will consider that you rolled a 10, plus 3 additional Righteous Fury damage. Pen 2, +5 Perception bonus for a Total Pen 7, with Damage 17. 

Felling (1) will reduce Akkad's TB to 4, Armour 3 will reduce the damage to 10. Toxic will require Akkad to take a Toughness test at -50 (which he will fail?) or take 1D10 impact damage that ignores armour and toughness bonus. 

I will rule that Akkad can't dodge as he was at the same time reeling from Solastion's box attack. Akkad will also have to take a -20 Pinning Test as well. 

Warning runes and indicator-sigils flash crimson as the venerable war-spirits of Akkad's armour register the devastating blow of the Raptor's sniper rifle. You feel your armour begin to slow as it mimics the effects of the wounds and the dangerous toxins contained within. You see icons indicating that your organs are - or rather, would be - working to eliminate the poisons from your body.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

"What are you staring at, Recruit Moron?"

Daon realised he was gawping at the Training Sergeant.  A huge man in heavy carapace armour, with a large shock baton loomed over him suddenly.  He was dressed in the same colour as the giant, fatigues of steel grey and black sparring armour, but nothing compared to this man's massive bulk.  The Sergeant lashed out with a underhand blow to Daon's abdomen, doubling him and putting him on his knees.  He heaved, but held himself together as the nausea came, managing not to evacuate his stomach onto the parade ground.  He had passed initial selection, gene-sampling, medical and fitness and now was about to undertake advanced training.  He managed to stand back up.

"What are you grimacing at Recruit Idiot?"

The Sergeant menaced him with a fist, but Daon stood straight, chest out, shoulders back.  He couldn't do anything right, he supposed - but he would not give this Underhive Dog the satisfaction, shoulder-to-shoulder with his squadmates, he would not be cowed.  The Sergeant, sensing more than seeing the defiance, whipped around his truncheon and cracked Akkad on the shoulder, taking him to his knees again.  The recruit bit down on his lip, his tongue cleaving to the roof of his mouth as he fought the urges - the pain.  He waited until his tormentor walked off down the line, then, breathing out slowly, stood.  The Instructor turned like lightning and marched down on Daon like a thunderstom of wild and maddened Grox, his face contorted and purple with incandescent rage.  The shock baton flared, electrical arcs pricking the air, raising the heckles of his skin with it's closeness....

He beat down on Daon savagely, stun stick burning and lashing, electrical fire tormenting, like coils of molten wire on his flesh, even through his training garb of ballistic fibres.  Suddenly a rich, throaty voice called out, sending the whole barracks silent.  Daon knelt on the ground, hand clutching his body...he couldn't feel his right arm, his fingers were numb.  His vision faded in and out.

"Sergeant Nebuda, enough!" The training Sergeant looked like he was about to be shot and bowed low, muttering his apologies.  The voice was deep - too deep for a human and it reverberated, shaking deep in the chest like a bull brachiodont's mournful call.  A shadow eclipsed everything.  It was immense, towering at nine feet in height, some four or five across.  It was an Angel of Death, a Lion of the Maelstrom.  His armour was burnished silver, reflecting the low cut sun of Badab, the last amber rays of noon turning the air around him to a shimmering halo and when he spoke again, there was both amusement and encouragement in his voice.

"What are you doing down there, Daon?"  The young man looked up into the face of Rovik Blake, Chapter Master of the Astral Claws.  He gawped again.  The titan laughed heartily and smiled at him, placing a hand under his shoulder to help him up...

...a shoulder he couldn't feel at the moment.  The pain suppressant kicked in, or they would have done, but training mode did not fire the needles into his tough flesh, only blunt stubs, similar to the Combi-pens he had used as a scout.  Sniper Rifle, his brain helpfully informed him as his armour rocked, shocked and locked down on anywhere that he would be hurt.  The synaptic feedback and sensory overload were excruciating - he could feel his brain swimming and the urge to drop to his knees.  Atratus is a fine shot, he mused, I will have to thank him appropriately...

Cadence was...still in his grip.  A small miracle considering the sniper round had slammed into his arm so hard, it had spun him at the waist.  His body fought, both to stay upright and to combat the simulated toxins that coursed through his system.  He thought he could hear him - that shimmering giant.

"What are you moaning at, Daon?  Shall you shame me by abandoning your Brothers in weakness?  Did I not teach you better?"  The voice was still reasonable, still amused.  He tried to say something back, fighting through gritted teeth.  The voice was Blake's, but the faces, Mantis Warriors, Lamenters, Crimson Guard...

"No...no...sir..."

"Are you forsaking your Oaths to me?" The voice now stern.

"No...!"

++ NO! ++ He did not mean it to come out like that.  It was a growl in the throat, the beginnings of a rumbling roar, the type only a Lion can make. He had spoken on open Vox, at full volume.  It bellowed out like a roiling thunderclap - reverberating in the roomy vaults of the cargo hold beyond, in the tinny echo of the smaller chamber Blue Team occupied.  THe silence was broken and now - now Cadence would sing.

Akkad rolls as follows:

Roll to avoid pinning: Target WP 42 +3 (Chapter Trapping) = 45

D100 Roll: 07 PASS + 3 DoS

Toxic Resistance: Target T45 -50(Toxic Accumulation) = -5

D100 Roll: 92 Marine Implants allow Re-Roll: 23 FAIL +D10 Damage = 3.

Total Damage: 13

Wounds remaining: 9

Akkad looked over to Thorvald.

+ That certainly came right at us + he said, coolly.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

OOC: Couldn't post this above.  Works now.

GM and Squad only:

Blue Team must test for Cohesion Damage. Since Akkad took 10 or more points of unsaved Damage, this will remove 1 Point of Cohesion, unless Sabaan can pass a Fellowship/Command Test as a Free Action - GM will have to rule if appropriate or if one of us must make the check.

Akkad will continue sustaining Strongpoint and this will leave 0 Cohesion (if Cohesion Damage is not taken). If it is, he will Spend 2 Fate Points to add +2 Cohesion back.

In the Prose above, Akkad will be invoking Chapter Demeanour: Maelstrom Warders, focusing on their courage, tenacity and loyalty.

Akkad will use Call Target as a Free Action - Target: Atratus. Akkad will then enter Overwatch: Full Auto Burst, with the following conditions:
If Atratus attempts to move or attack: Fire
If anyone breaks cover and comes into view on the stairs: Fire

If Grenades come up: Attempt to shoot them down/Fire
If another bloody box comes fling in: Hold Fire!

Akkad accessed the Squad Vox and selected Atratus.

+A fine shot and a good hit Brother.  I salute your skill...+ There was a meaningful pause, accompanied by a telling smile + But if you stick your head up again, I'm going to blow it off...+

MR

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Watching through his auspex Atratus fired as soon as Thorvald glanced away, likely wondering as the Raptor did why Akkad held his fire. As still as ever on the outside despite Akkads jibe but the ineffectualness of his attack was a sore point he intended to address.

The shot was hasty but only needed to hold their attention for a few moments, as this position would last no longer.

Half action aim, half action shoot at Thorvald.

d100:47 - hit, 2 degrees of success (+10 for aim, +10 for range, +10 for accurate, BS 42)

Enough for 2 dice of damage: 2d10=5 & 10

Roll for righteous fury: d100=97 (fails)

Result is 19 damage, Pen 7, Felling, Toxic

Atratus will hold his dodge for any heavy bolter fire (expecting the frag cannon to be relatively ineffectual at this range) and prepare to change position.

Edited by A.T.

GM Only:

I have resolved Overwatch.

Firing at Atratus: +20 for Called Target -20 Overwatch Penalty +20 Full Auto = 62
D100 Roll: 009. (One Success + 5 DoS = 6 Hits)
Damage Location: 1D10+12 (+2 Mighty Shot)+(Rolling 2D10 for Tearing)

Left Leg: 23 Damage - 16 (Armour+TB) = 7
Right Leg: 24 Damage (RF Not Confirmed) -16 = 8
Body: 23 Damage - 18 (10 Arm + 8 TB) = 5
Right Arm: 24 RF (Not Confirmed) - 16 = 8
Head: 23 Damage - 16 = 7
Body: 22 Damage - 18 = 4

Total Damage (After Arm+TB reduction = 39.

This may be reduced by the cover Atratus is hiding behind - I regret I don't know the value.

Option: Trade Damage for option of pushing Thorvald out of the way if my Overwatch happens AFTER Atratus' Attack.

Initiative/Agility Test: Target 45
D100 Roll: 36.

Akkad glances across to Thorvald, he was almost enjoying himself.

+Aye brother - but a piece at a time it seems!+

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Hopefully this will be easier than yesterday!

Thorvald rolls to dodge the attack.

AG47 = 25 (PASS)

Thorvald ducks into cover as another simulated strike from the Raptor's sniper rifle streaks across the cargo bay. You hear a growl of frustration from the Space Wolf as he is forced to endure the bombardment.

At the same time, Akkad's Heavy Bolter, Cadence whirs into action. Your helm displays show amber tracery as your armours' in-built cogitators calculate trajectories and vectors, alongside corresponding damage readouts.

A.T., you may wish to dodge the heavy bolter shots as you displace into another firing position. I am happy for the crate to cover most of those shots - and for it to have an armour value of 8 on top of your power armour and toughness bonus. I think some of the head and body shots wouldn't have been covered potentially - though if you're crouching and aiming, the arm might? I'll leave it up to you to look at that if you don't dodge.

A.T., you may wish to dodge the heavy bolter shots as you displace into another firing position.

Atratus is already moving as Akkad begins to fire. Even with his superhuman speed he could not be assured to escape unscathed, but Akkads unexpected delay had given him precious moments to withdraw to a stronger position.

For GM

Dodge D100 = 2

6 extra degress of success, so Atratus avoids the first 7 shots of an autofire shot.

Looks like Atratus is going to get away with this one (I was expecting Akkad to overwatch the previous round and follow up with a shot before my dodge refreshed - so i've dodged a bullet.

Hopefully the other players make it past the frag cannon. When it comes back around to Atratus he'll be moving north to try to get a shot diagonally across the room on the other two astartes before they flank his allies.

Either top left or the staircase depending on which gives the best mix of elevation and LoS past the pillars. Priority is the tech marine with his servo arm before he mashes someone :tongue.:

Edited by A.T.

>>STRUCTURED TIME CONTINUES<<

Thorvald and Akkad

In the distance, you see the Raptor breaking cover and displacing. As he does, Thorvald readies his frag cannon once again. 

Team Sabaan:

Thorvald will overwatch, firing as soon as anyone appears.

A new turn starts: 

Initiative Order (AG+D10)

Tyber: (2x4) + 10 = 18 (FATE POINT)

Solastion: (2x3) + 10 = 16 (FATE POINT)

Vârvost: 4 + 10 = 14 (FATE POINT) 

Akkad: 4 + 9 = 13 

Sabaan: 4 + 8 = 12 

Greysight: 4 + 4 = 8 

Atratus: 6 + 1 = 7

Thorvald: 4 + 3 = 7 

8XjPmS1.png

Team Sabaan:

By my count the deck above will be 135 metres from lift to lift, with a turn to descend. Sabaan's Burst of Speed means he can travel 36m in the first turn, and then back to 24m afterwards - so that means six turns til you can bring the two skulls together.

GM:

Mol, might want to have another look at that distance - Sabaan/Greysight have AG Bonus 4, true but they have +1 from Hulking which bumps them up an extra AB point. This would then mean they hoof it up to AB 7 which = 42m for one round, then back to 30m, so that will shave a turn off, making 5 turns in total, with the descent. To be fair - it's not marked correctly on the Character sheet - Naughty Xin! ;p

MR

Watching the torrent of fire come from the cargo hold, Tyber instinctively reaches for a krak grenade at his waste, making sure it is set to practice mode, he activates it and is surprised to see an optimal flight path show up on his heads up display, allowing himself a heartbeat to think back to the last time he did something like this under fire…

Tyber was face down in mud, his razor back a burning wreck, warning runes displaying all over his HUD, he forced himself up to see an out stretched hand from his squad leader. Taking the hand and reaching his feet behind one of the remaining flanks of razor back 212, he placed his left hand on it and whispered his thanks to the tank. He poked his head over the side of the unit, to see a pair of entrenched Necron Immortals, laying down a withering amount of fire from their weapons, behind them was his Claw Captain; cut off and surrounded by these Xeons that the humans of this world had awakened in a desperate attempt to avoid conquest.

+We need to take that hill,+ His squad leader had said over the Vox, Tyber did a quick look, only he and his squad leader had survived the explosion of the Razorback +I will give you a three count,  lob a krak grenade into that nest then we charge up that hill and face them with arming sword and bolt pistol.+

Bring himself back to the present, Tyber let the grenade fly on the indicated path...

Grenade Toss at Akkad, target number 45

Grenade toss: 1d100 15

3 DoS

Grenade damage: 3d10+4 29 10, 9, 6

rightious fury grenade damage roll: 1d100 37 Confirmed!

rightious fury grenade damage: 1d10 4

Total damage: 33 Pen 6

33 -4 from  Body armour

29 – 8 from TB

21 damage;  Explosion type

Plan B

I'll charge Akkad, and likely had to burn my dodge against either the worst of the heavy weapons...

Edited by Steel Company

Akkad watched as the small - by Astartes standards at least - object flew into the room.  He had to catch himself from laughing as he had half expected another steel crate to come hurtling through the gap.  Fingers were very itchy on triggers and his armour growled at this continued forced fast of targets.  He was sure he had clipped Atratus' wings, but it had come at the cost of Thorvald nearly chewing a sniper round.  Despite his earlier bluster he had no joy in firing upon brothers in this way - but if they were to come at him so be it.  He had given his chance.  The grenade sailed in at what, to a human would be frightening speed - hurled by a Space Marine - likely that big one - it came in with enough heartbeats to react.  Muscles tensed, blood pumped...

Edited this for clarity

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Despite thinking that another Crate into the room might be sufficient, Solastion deemed it necessary since if he missed or the crate behaved erratically prior to landing, they'd likely have another obstacle in the way of their targets.

And, seeing the simulated Heavy Bolter fire fly past above his head towards the Raptor at the rear, he pulled a Krak Grenade, set it to Training, and turned to look at Varvost as Tyber began to throw his into the room "This will likely be your only change if we're to do this with haste we shall be right behind you, Brother." and he 'pulls the pin' on his Krak Grenade and tosses it towards the Space Wolf who had the deadlier of the heavy weapons where short ranged firepower was concerned.

Plan A

BS49 + 10 Half-Aim = 59; with his SB of 13 in full PA, his Grenade range is 39 Meters for which short range would be 19.5 meters rounded up to 20. So, if he's within ~20 meters of Thorvald, he'd get another +10 to his BS for Short Range which I think he would be? I'm not entirely sure based on the map.

Krak Grenade Toss: 1d100 64 If hes in short range, thats a 64 vs BS69 for a simple success otherwise it misses and explodes somewhere? (the scatter diagram is on page 248 of DW:Core) if it does, hopefully its onto Akkad :tongue.:

In the event of a hit:

Krak Damage: 3d10+4 21 Pen 6, Explosive Damage to the Body; 64 = 46

21 - 4 (assuming Chest Ap 10) = 17

17 - 8 (assuming ~40something Toughness) = 9

9 Explosive Damage to the chest.

Plan B

Solastion will advance into the breach and toss a Frag Grenade at a point between both entrenched marines in an effort to get them to duck or disrupt their aim.

BS49 + 10 Short Range = 59 + any bonuses for targeting a location vs a specific target; no half-aim due to moving in the same turn.

Frag Grenade Toss: 1d100 7 5 DoS; 07 = 70 so chest

Frag Damage: 2d10+2 12 Explosive Damage, Pen 0, Blast 4

Boo only 12 damage, cant actually hurt them.

Going to resolve this just to keep things moving and not give our GM a headache with my crazy ideas:

The Astral Claw knew that the Krak Grenade would split him open like a ripe melon if he allowed it to land - without any trace of emotion his body erupted into blurring speed.  The explosive continued it's uninterrupted sail towards him.

20 metres...his left foot moves first to support his weight as begins to shift his bulk sideways.

15 metres...the sable armour twists to heft the graceless slab of murder that is Cadence into his left arm combat stimms deploy to shake free the ache from his right bicep.

10 metres...Thorvald tenses beside him both of them bracing for the gentle patter of metal on metal - the grenade bounces on the first box from Akkad's knees...

5 metres...the damn thing was moving up at a fair pace towards his head - right foot now savagely pivots behind the left, keeping the heavy bolter up and the barrel clear of friendlies - firmly still staring at the door. Brace, brace, brace.... he hears the words in his mind and his body responds to the long, gruelling hours of training and combat.

Impact in 3...2...1...

Akkad uses his Reaction this turn to dodge the Krak Grenade.
Dodge (Trained) Agility Test, no modifiers Target: 45
D100 Roll: 004 = PASS + 4 DoS

The krak grenade plinks off the wall he had been standing in front and tumbles off to his right side.  His armour augury kindly informs him that he is beyond the harm of it, but riases the thermal level in all his systems as he catches some of the simulated blast heat.

His effort stirs a small smile.  Then his body settles back to waiting.

This takes all of 5 seconds.

MR.

After a second that hung in the air, seeming to stretch on into eternity... (sorry guys!)

The two grenades land in the room by Thorvald and Akkad, detonating with a crump that is amplified over your helmet auto-senses. 

Thorvald attempts to dodge: AG47 = 48 (FAIL) 

Thorvald takes 21 explosive damage (Pen 6) to the Body. 

Armour 9(down to 3) (MkIV) and TB8 reduce the damage by 11

10 damage to the chest. 

At that moment, you hear the the clunk of heavy bootsteps on the deck-plating. 

Thorvald attempts to fire on overwatch at Vârvost as he charges: 

BS47-20 (+10 Short Range): 57 (FAIL) - FATE POINT SPENT - 98 (FAIL AND JAM) 

Akkad attempts to fire on overwatch at Vârvost as he charges: 

BS47-20 (+10 Short Range): 82 (FAIL) - FATE POINT SPENT - 51 (FAIL) 

Vârvost reaches combat with Thorvald and attacks with his chain-axe:

WS57: 7 (HIT) (5 degrees of success)

Damage: D10+5 Pen 3 Tearing, +D5 (Wings of Angels) + Flesh Render

2,6,5 (So 6) + 4 +5 = 15 Damage, Pen 3 

Hit location is 70 (Chest) = 9 armour (reduced to 6) 

6 armour and 8 TB  reduce 15 damage to 1.

The Eradicator launches at the Space Wolf, feet-first, staggering him backward. The chainaxe comes down at Thorvald, striking off his chest armour.

Turn continues with Akkad...

Almost as soon as the second grenade came in, Akkad voxed to Thorvald.

+For what we are about to receive...+

Red team certainly like throwing things...he thought as the crump of the armour piercing munitions burst roundly beneath Thorvald's helm, blasting into his gorget and upper chest.  If it had not been for the MK IV plate he would have been turned inside out.  Owing to his super-human physiology, the Space Wolf growled and was back in firing position again as the Eradicator stormed in.  No grace or artifice in this one, as there may have been with another Angel, this was blood-red murder and heated black rage brawling.  Varvost was what he purported to be - a fist, a weapon, a tool to get the job done.  Thorvald fired as quickly as he could, the grenade hurling him off balance and spoiling his aim.

The odd sound of the Frag Cannon, unfamiliar to the ears of the Astral Claw, so loud in his helmet as the auditory and visual relays in his systems pantomimed the actions that in reality would have shaken the whole room with teeth-loosening force. Crack-chung,Crack-chung, Crack....then nothing and a horrendous crunch as the damn thing jammed.  Akkad took over, muttered the third Mantra of Accuracy and fired.

Imperator.

Imperator, that murderous crimson bastard was fast. He was almost on them as the Full Calibre rounds chewed the air around the target.  Simulated they may have been, but 200 years of war told Daon that those rounds had failed to meet their mark.  Cadence growled and he swivelled her savagely about - the damn grenade that had come at him moments ago had forced him to dodge in the wrong direction for the Eradicator's wild charge.  The Kin of the Blood Angels leapt into the air, intending to strike feet first.  His armour snarled and the moment came.  He bracketed the Axe-man with another burst.  The rounds did no harm in their simulated state, but Akkad was not happy that they would, in reality only have scored the adamantium and plasteel and rewarded the Astral Claw with a few slivers of paint for his endeavours.

Not good enough.

The Sable-clad killer dropped right onto Thorvald.  Akkad felt a stab of shame, he was meant to protect his squadmate.  Battle Practice or not, the failing was his, not that of his weapon.  Varvost chopped down hungrily - he was playing for keeps, real or not and the bloodlust was thick in his throaty roar at being unleashed.  The chainaxe descended and Akkad could only hope at the natural resilience of his Brother and the wonder of the venerable battle-armour that protected him - it held and Thorvald still stood.  As they struggled in melee, they turned with Varvost presenting his side.

+Trust me Brother+ His words were cool - the cold anger condensing against the heat of the tumult in front of him, a storm front waiting to break.  Akkad leaned forward.  More words came to his mind, unbidden, their source lost to the ages.  Cadence won't do you a lick of good in close-combat...he smiled.  Maybe not in his close-combat.  As Thorvald stepped back involuntarily, Cadence came up.  Akkad's teeth clenched tight, his breath hissed into his respirator.

Akkad will blast Varvost, shooting into Close-Combat:
Firing at Varvost: BS 47, Target at Point Blank +30 (Overrides Close Range), +20 Full-Auto Burst, -20 Shooting into Combat = 77
D100 Roll: 76 = SUCCESS - 1 hit only in location: Body.
1D10+12 (Damage) +2 (Mighty Shot) + (Rolling 2D10 for Tearing)
Damage = 24 (RF CONFIRMED) + 9 = 33 -17 (Armour+TB)

Total Damage: 16

Akkad feathered the trigger and slipped his hip and elbow a touch low.  The huge barrel came round to miss Thorvald and fired at a precise angle that would have been unexpected for anyone other than an Astartes operator, hearts pounding, the thrashing melee forced a firing vector upon him he didn't like, but he pulled the trigger and the rounds cleaved out, most of them high and wide, but the last one struck Varvost squarely in the chest, forcing the Eradicator to either get out harms' way or let the Space Wolf close his jaws on him.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham