Current Mission: Defend Syndalla from the Tyranid Hive-swarm
- Protect the City of Beregar until Imperial Forces can reach Syndalla.
- Recover the remains of Thorvald Hammerhand
- Discover what has happened to Interrogator Ryken
The Story So Far...
Episode I: A World Aflame
- After assembling aboard Watch-Station Azurea, the newly-incorporated Kill-Team Blackthorn received a briefing from Watch-Captain Diocles and Interrogator Ryken. The Battle-Brothers were dispatched to the agri-world of Syndalla in an effort to recover the missing Inquisitrix Lythea and to support her in prosecuting her campaign against a Genestealer Cult insurgency.
- Travelling through the warp aboard the Imperial Navy vessel Voice of Thunder, the Kill-Team elected Khyber Vaidan of the Novamarines as their Watch-Sergeant and prepared for combat.
- Upon arrival at Syndalla, the Kill-Team uncovered evidence that the system's defense vessels had destroyed one another in an apparent betrayal. Before the import of this could be digested, a pair of Kraken scout bio-ships attacked the Voice of Thunder. The Battle-Brothers of Blackthorn launched a defense action to hold the vessel's dorsal spine against Tyranid invaders, allowing the vessel to draw close enough to Syndalla.
- Escaping the death of the Voice of Thunder in a Naval shuttlecraft, the Kill-Team was attacked by an orbital defense cannon. Brother Thorvald Hammerhand of the Space Wolves was lost and the shuttle crashed within Syndalla's capital city, Beregar.
- The warriors of Blackthorn recovered and supported the PDF defenders of the capital's grand Cathedral, meeting with PDF Captain Haltreme and receiving vital information on the state of the Genestealer uprising.
- Although initially seeking to split up to achieve multiple objectives simultaneously, Watch-Sergeant Vaidan unified the team when the Planetary Governor's manse came under attack from purestrain Genestealers. The Kill-Team was able to hold off the Genestealers but were surprised when the Broodlord itself killed the Governor and stole a valuable memento from Brother Greysight.
- The Kill-Team arrived at the Tower of Echoes, the compound holding the planet's astropaths, to find that the choir had been executed by cultists - all, that is, except for one. She was able to send a message into the warp requesting further reinforcements from the Deathwatch and the Imperium.
- With little time to rest, Interrogator Ryken contacted the Kill-Team to report that a nearby PDF barracks was close to collapse and that the Battle-Brothers of the Deathwatch would need to lend their aid before the walls fell.
- Having eradicated the cultist hordes and secured the PDF positions, the Kill-Team was tasked with uncovering the location of the Broodlord with Beregar City.
- Unraveling the Astropath's cryptic prophecies led Blackthorn to an abattoir within Beregar City. The Battle-Brothers were able to assault it with the aid of Interrogator Ryken and the Beregar PDF. Beneath the slaughterhouse, the Deathwatch forces found the Broodlord within a profane sanctum, a mockery of an Ecclesiarchal church.
Episode II: The Belly of the Beast
- On the Deathwatch frigate Xenocide, the battered survivors of Kill-Team Swordhand regroup and take stock after their disastrous assault on a Tyranid hive ship. Despite their grievous losses, the Battle-Brothers of Swordhand agree to assist Kill-Team Blackthorn when they receive an astropathic transmission warning of the impeding danger facing Syndalla.
- On Syndalla, the brothers of Kill-Team Blackthorn attempt to broker a peace between the politicking factions; the hot-headed General Wrex of the Syndallan Levy, the austere Fleet-Captain Sevora Locke of the Imperial Navy and the mysterious Rogue Trader Desiato.
- Brother Akkad discovers that a mysterious painting of a vessel named the Dark Lantern has been stolen from the Governor's Manse.
- The Xenocide enters Syndallan space, allowing the two Kill-Teams to reunite and coordinate Syndalla's defense. Multiple strategies are proposed, and the Kill-Teams are able to come to some consensus, ascending to the Xenocide to repair and rearm in the face of the oncoming storm.
- Brother Akkad remains on Syndalla, recruiting a refugee levy from those who have fled to Beregar City. In the meantime, Brother Greysight proposes a thermobaric shield over the city that might dissuade the Tyranids from attacking directly.
Posting Style Guide
- The narrative in posts written by players should be in past tense and in third person;
- Out-of-character aspects of your post should be in a separate section, and in green. This could be used to give the GM more information as to your intentions to ensure the smooth running of the game.
- Sections relating to dice rolls should be in spoiler tags - at the start or end of the post, as you deem appropriate.
Brother Yetugai staggered under the force of the Eldar blow, his helm-display momentarily streaking with static. His twin heartbeats thudded in his ear like the tribal drums of Chogoris, a sound he hadn't heard in decades. As the alien venom coursed through his system he could feel his blood burning, could see a half-remembered face - his mother?
It mattered not. She was long-dead by now - and the entire Kill-Team would follow if he left the xenobreed unchallenged.
With a feral roar he righted himself, his fingers finding the trigger of his bolter. The White Scar would find justice this day.
Yetugai will fire as many actions as he can, using his bolter to shoot the enemy that attacked me first.
If unable to do so, Yetugai will retreat to cover and ready a grenade. If the others dispatch the target first, he will wait for orders from the Librarian.
Edited by Commissar Molotov, 17 March 2019 - 12:39 PM.