Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blackthorn/Swordhand: A Rallying Cry

Deathwatch Roleplaying Game RPG Play by Post Commissar Molotov Blackthorn Kill-Team Blackthorn Fantasy Flight Games Kill-Team Swordhand Swordhand

• Please log in to reply
1288 replies to this topic

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,687 posts
"When you pass through the streets, everyone is watching. You are the Emperor's judgment made manifest, and the people look to you to see what you do. Your words carry weight." She said, her helm pulled free finally in the confines of the Rhino.

Tyber chuckled a little as he spoke, “I am a weapon, forged for the conquest of the stars. I am not meant to uphold the laws of the Imperium.”

Leaning back with his head tilting up to face the roof, a smile played on the corners of his mouth, as he continued; “Truly I am a son of the First Legion, a descended of the Six Hosts… If you need an Astartes to uphold the Emperor’s Laws, then I suggest you seek out a son of the 13th, they are a sticklers for their rules after all.”

Out of the corner of his eyes he could see the marshal wrinkle her brow and nose a bit as she said to him, “That may be, but the hand that swings the sword is dispensing justice. And if the Xenos are as bad as some say, death may just be a mercy in and of itself."

Again, he started to chuckle, before countering with; “Marshal, by your own words, would you ask your shock maul about a sentence before dispensing it? As I am the Emperor’s sword, a weapon, nothing more, nothing less…” his smile and laughter died off quickly, “I was not kidding however, we are going to need anyone and everyone, young and old alike to hold this world. Having mortals locked up right now will do nothing but provide the Xenos an easy source of bio-matter that will be unable to fight back. For the duration of this conflict, I would advise to suspend all incarcerations and stay all executions until we have either put down the threat or we are all dead anyways. In the end however, you are the arbiter of justice here, I am not. You can either take my advice or not, be aware that both will likely have consequences… I only ask that you weigh the wrong, right and correct choices.”

With that he closes his eyes, awaiting the next stop.

OOC:

I added in the Marshal's words from below to make one post, rather than one update and a follow up post.

Edited by Steel Company, 18 March 2019 - 10:02 PM.

• Noctus Cornix and Xin Ceithan like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,300 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

As doors swung open, Guillermo peered only momentarily over to his side, catching Ghent's gaze for but a moment to register that he needed his brother's concentration.

== Be on your guard. ==

He spoke without a word ever leaving his lips, his attention turning back to the Captain before following after the mortal man into the vast dining hall.

== I know not what, but something unnatural lurks the halls of this vessel.. Watch the Captain. ==

The Codicier offered a curt shrug before lowering his head in cordial formality. An Astartes would never bow before any mortal man, but this was an acceptable response. 

"I must decline. It is customary among my vowed order to commit to ritual fasting at the cusp of war."

Yet the Codicier paused for a moment, his blue eyes flashing quickly along the grandeur of the dining hall, the cutlery and precious material used for such wasteful consumption of food. He did his best to hide his contempt for such things. He reminded himself that mortals must be held at a.... different standard from one of the Astartes. But that was not a matter of his concern. 

"Opportunistic, but understandable. Should the world survive this flood that approaches, I am certain there will be something to gain from what remains.. So you carry nothing from the Howling Stars or the Expanse with you? I understand that we are of different oaths. Ours is to kill and purge xenos threats. Yours is to discover and even trade, if necessary, with such creatures. Such is our place in the Emperor's Will. I've... never seen one, but it is said that some Dynasties carry a Warrant of Trade written signed by the Emperor Himself. I will not judge you for your duties, Captain. I only wish to know if the Death Watch should be aware of anything you carry before the battle comes." 

He spoke with that formal fluency born from a childhood amidst Naval Officers, honed by his vocation as one of the Librarium. He even flashed the smallest smile on his scarred lips at the captain. He had no wish to earn the Captain's suspicion, or offend the frailty of his ego. It was a fine line he attempted to tread, seeking not to lose the support of the Rogue Trader's vessel or his men in the coming battle, but nor could he simply ignore that unnatural sense lurking in the back of his skull. 

Truly, dealing with Humans was an arduous task...

OOC:

Attempted Common Lore (Imperium) Test  - To test if Guillermo has actually heard the legends or Rogue Trader warrants being signed by the Emperor

Roll 1d100 = 23 vs 43 (2DoS)

Attempted Charm Test - On Captain Desiato

Roll 1d100 = 50 vs 50 [45+5 for being unhelmed] (0DoS)

• Steel Company, Xin Ceithan and Slips like this

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,038 posts
Ghent disliked mind-speak. Not only could he not respond, it felt like an intrusion. However, given the circumstances and the fact they had both foolishly removed their helms, he was glad that the Librarian could warn him without arousing the suspicions of the Captain.
As discreetly as he could, the Invader slowly moved his unused arm and hand to grasp Fulmen Mors' grip. After a brief moment Rodrik sensed through a slight vibration feedback that the weapon had accepted his bio-ident and would allow him to fire it if and when necessary.

Hidden Content

The Captain was focussed on the Codicier and his words, and had seemingly not noticed Rodrik's latest movements. He capitalised on this opportunity to take in their surroundings, the vast feasting chamber.

Hidden Content

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 18 March 2019 - 05:35 PM.

• Steel Company and Slips like this

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds. | You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows. | Suffer not the Heretic to live. | Abhor the Typo.

gallery_45765_15138_15141.png

gallery_45765_15138_5096.pnggallery_45765_15138_2700.pnggallery_45765_15138_2509.pnggallery_45765_15138_1365.pnggallery_45765_15138_727.png

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,681 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
Tyber and Atratus
""That may be," the Enforcer says, "but the hand that swings the sword is dispensing justice. And if the Xenos are as bad as some say, death may just be a mercy in and of itself."

Montesa and Ghent

GM: It's not necessary for you to pass Common Lore - I would judge that the reputation of Rogue Traders precede them - that they are afforded great latitude due to ancient rights and titles that establish them as Peers of the Imperium.

At the Librarian's refusal, Desiato inclines his head in regret.

"A shame. Another time, perhaps."

He raps his knuckles on the wooden table, one ringed finger beating a tattoo absent-mindedly.

"The winds of fortune and fate carry us across this galaxy, and none can truly say where they will end up. We are in service to powers far greater than our own... that much is true indeed." His smile is wistful, though it never loses its warmth. "I imagine both of you are far from the worlds you call home?"

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,300 posts

Following the Captain's movements, Guillermo will direct his eyes to the Rogue Trader's tattoo, examining it carefully.

"Yes. The Crimson Fists hail from the system of Rynn's World, though I would not call it my home. My ancestry returns to the lineage of our Chapter as Crusaders endlessly sailing across the black sea. My home is the proud cerulean vessels that are my Chapter's fleet."

OOC:

Do I need to make an awareness check to make out the tattoo?

Edited by Noctus Cornix, 18 March 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,681 posts
Montesa and Ghent

"I know what you mean," the Captain says. "The void welcomes many who ply it, though it is a cold and unforgiving mistress. Spend too much time living in the void, and the void begins to dwell within you."

He turns to Ghent. "And what of your home?"

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,038 posts
The Invader's attention switched back to the Rogue Trader.

"My home world is no more."

Ghent's face was as emotional as a slab of pale marble.

"And you haven't answered my brother's question."

The hand gripping his boltgun was itching.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds. | You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows. | Suffer not the Heretic to live. | Abhor the Typo.

gallery_45765_15138_5096.pnggallery_45765_15138_2700.pnggallery_45765_15138_2509.pnggallery_45765_15138_1365.pnggallery_45765_15138_727.png

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,681 posts
Montesa and Ghent

"There is nothing on this vessel that could interfere with your ability to do your duty to the Emperor - or mine to support Syndalla. All I have seen in the Howling Stars, all I have seen in my years plying the void has shown me just how important it is that this planet holds. To that end, I will pledge the Glory Be in the void-war, and I will be able to contribute several thousand armsmen to the ground defense."

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,038 posts
The Invader was skeptical regarding the Rogue Trader's claims but kept that to himself. There was little point in escalating the issue further at this point in time.

"I am interested in knowing what this ship's offensive capabilities are, Captain. To better plan the deployment of our defences."

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, Today, 04:38 AM.

• Steel Company, Reyner, Xin Ceithan and 1 other like this

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,686 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

[Placeholder post – Nineswords and Yeng play 'terrifying cop–slightly less terrifying cop' with the fleet officers, while outlining a strategy of harrying and drawing away smaller ships. We can't stop them landing, but we can thin them out. Locke comes back with her own strategy; and the Astartes reach a conclusion.]

• Commissar Molotov, Steel Company, Nineswords and 2 others like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,436 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
Placeholder

Sabaan return to the Metallican District and introduces his fellow Techmarine.
Discussion regarding the thermobarc screen implementation begins
  • Steel Company, Slips and Morovir like this
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

A.T.

A.T.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,165 posts

"Death comes to us all, but we are tasked by the Emperor to spend our lives for the betterment of humanity and the Imperium." Looking at the Marshal, "are you concerned that armed and fed the people here might threaten this place after the battle is won, or before it has started?"

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,585 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

"My lord! We are honoured to have you here once more!" 

++...And grateful are we for such a warm reception and eager welcome...++ he said glancing over at Varvost as he said so, the look, to the mortals, seeming like nothing more than a glance to indicate both of them as he spoke but, to the Marines, belied an exasperation at the current situation.

++Quite the marvel that your faithful have been able to reconstruct much of the Templum in such a short time given the coming storm, it is...impressive...indeed++ But a glaring misuse of ressources that could have been better put to use fortifying the city instead of an edifice that spits on the Imperial Truth. He thought.

++Though personally, I would have much preferred a tribute piece in the image of my Genesire for he is partly the reason any of us are even here today but more directly so the reason why we - Scions Angelus - are here today.++

++That is besides the point, however.++ he cut off before the holy man could protest at his critique.

++Tell me, Bishop, how can we be of service to the gathered faithful today? Is there anything we can do to bolster the will of the people and prepare them, if not physically, spiritually against the darkness to come?++ he asked of the man who wore nearly as much gold as an Ultramarine in full parade dress.

He looked around the looming Gothic edifice that was the Templum, memories of the night they made planetfall superimposing themselves onto his vision as he scanned the building.

I wont say no to such an easy beacon to rally the populace around when for the time comes...

• Steel Company likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,300 posts

OOC:

Guillermo will carefully watch the Captain's response to try and determine if he is an honest man.

Attempted Scrutiny Test

Roll 1d100 = 13 vs 23 (Basic Untrained Skill 45/2 rounding up become 23) (Exactly 1DoS)

Edited by Noctus Cornix, Today, 03:32 AM.

• Chaplain Dosjetka likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch, Roleplaying Game, RPG, Play by Post, Commissar Molotov, Blackthorn, Kill-Team Blackthorn, Fantasy Flight Games, Kill-Team Swordhand, Swordhand

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)