Atratus looked down at the throng, wondering what they had been told of the oncoming threat. Addressing the woman but loudly enough to be heard by the rest, "what you ask cannot be done, for we do not intend to leave this place. The enemies of the Emperor have set their gaze upon this world and so we make this city a bastion against them, that they would pay in blood for every step upon Imperial soil."

Over comms, recalling the mission briefing "cattle are grazed in large numbers upon this world. Perhaps those not able to fight might be given the task of slaughter before the swarm arrives."

Taking Atratus’ words in, Tyber spoke over his external vox unit +Are any of you farmers or butchers by trade? Did you keep any beasts on your lands? If so, if they still live, we will need to slaughter them and feed this city, if only to deny them to the foes that are coming.+

He again tilted his helm to the right as he looked to the marshal, unblinking green lenses trying to see if she understood.

There was a pause in the Crimson Fist, though his expression seemed to change little. Despite his disbelief, the Codicier remained the face of stoicism as one would expect of a son of Dorn's bloodline. His grip on Mariana's hilt slowly tightened, an intense anger that welled in the Astartes' heart that manifested itself in the faintest flicker of witch-fire at the corner of his eyes and dancing from his retina. It was obvious for the Rogue Trader to see, for Guillermo did little to hide his cold disgust.

And then, as quickly as the anger emerged, it quickly subsided, the witch fire smoldering into the faintest whisp of smoke that faded in the air before a polite smile found itself upon the Codicier's scarred lips. With a small dip of his head, the Librarian gave his confirmation to the Captain's sudden demand.

"As you wish, Captain. My brother and I will see ourselves back to the Thunderhawk."

He said, waiting for the Captain's consent before lightly bowing his head once more and turning to leave from the way they came, replacing his helmet back up his head and sealing it shut.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

++I...see. Tell me, Bishop, should the worst outcome come to pass but we were able to secure the relic, whereto should it be borne? Or does the closest Ecclesiarchal holdings suffice?++ Solastion replies as he tries to get a view of the object.

Tyber and Atratus

"Cattle... that's all we are to you!"

Turned inward to the Marshal as you are, it takes you by surprise as the woman spits in frustration, hurling the bundle of rags at the ground near the Enforcers' feet. As she does, the ragged cloak falls form her shoulders, revealing the brace of explosives strapped around her waist - and the detonator grasped in her chitinous, vestigial third hand.

"For the Patriarch!" she roars, her feeble voice possessing a strength it didn't before.

One of the Enforcers raises his shield, vainly - and then all is white heat.

GM:

Melta Bomb attack against Tyber and Atratus: 5D10+7 Pen 12 (reduced by 25% due to your distance)

Tyber: 2,9,2,7,5(+7): 32: 24 damage, Pen 12 against TB10 and Armour 0: 14 Damage

Atratus: 6,1,6,4,7(+7): 31: 23 damage, Pen 12 against TB8 and Armour 0: 15 Damage

Akkad and Vorr

As you discuss plans with the General, your Lyman's Ear detects the far distant crump - it sounds wrong for the Basilisk artillery. It takes just a second later before the bio-signs of Tyber and Atratus flash red.

GM: When you leave the General's office, you will encounter Vorr, who has been travelling to meet you.

Solastion and Varvost

"The faithful of the Emperor will take it into their hearts, my lord."

The Bishop's enthusiasm is so tiresome that it is almost a relief when Varvost touches you on the arm.

"We need to leave."

Trying really hard to not meta game and/or let my natural gamer paranoia get the better of me...

Physical contact...odd...concerning... Solastion thought. But, if Varvost thought they needed to leave... The Sanguinary priest forced-casually rested his hand on the butt of his Bolt Pistol as he spoke next.

++So be it, Bishop, now that we know where to find this reliquary, we shall do what we can to remove it from the premises should the need arise but, for now, we should rejoin the...faithful...awaiting outside for, if I'm not mistaken, you asked that I speak to them, yes?++ he said backing up to make his way out; the tight confines of the catacombs made it difficult for him to easily turn around and he didn't want to turn his back to the Bishop just yet; his sudden and all encompassing rapture at being close to the reliquary wasn't uncommon but it was...concerning...

++I currently see no reason as to why we should remove the item from its resting place since the threat has yet to make itself apparent.++ the end of his sentence he said almost too pointedly.

Quickly getting on his vox channel with Varvost - a good idea in hindsight to not remove his entire helmet - he asked ++Any signs of trouble beyond the obvious, cousin?++

Edited by Slips

As Solastion and Varvost exit the mausoleum underneath the Templum without issue, he Crimson Knight takes the time to snap the upper half of his helmet back on, at which point his suits machine spirit will start feeding updates to him via his HUD.

While most of it was relatively innocuous and to-be-expected, stuff he blink-dismissed, the warning of a detonation occurring near squadmates as well as a scrolling update of their status indicating they had been caught in the blast.

++How long?++ he tensely asks the Eradicator.

++Not Very.++ comes the reply.

++Then let us not waste more time.++ And the marines make for the exit of the Templum. As they leave the area, Solastion gets onto the squads wider vox network and asks.

++Brother Tyber, Brother Atratus, Status Report? Currently en-route from the Templum, no ETA.++ and once outside begins to make his way through the crowd pointedly paying no heed to any of the holy men that might call after him or any of the worshipers that meekly try to make contact with him.

++Eyes open, Brother Varvost, we don't yet know what happened to those two and we are decidedly outnumbered.++

Solastion will scan the crowd for any potential problematic persons or anything that would be out of the ordinary or suspicious behavior.

Awareness: 1d100 77 vs Awareness 70 (50 + 10 auto-sense + 10 heightened senses); so, nothing unless something makes itself...say...10% easier to spot.

But the Crimson Knight, himself, was unable to focus on any particular detail of his surroundings due to focusing on finding the quickest route to his squadmates.

Edited by Slips

[Placeholder]

• Sees Vorr, "What up bro"
  • Hears bomb, be like "Something bad"
  • Runs to Tyber and Atratus
  • Takes out flamer
  • "If you will not accept accept my beneficence and reward me only with Betrayal, then you will suffer my Judgement and reap only Death"
  • Burns everyone involved like bacon crisps

MR.

Vorr had been making his way through the PDF muster for a while taking his time inspecting their vehicles and heavy weapons some of the equipment had clearly not been used for a very long time and had been allowed to rust and seize up. Shameful. Weapons should always be ready for use in Vorrs mind a warrior should not have to stop and maintain his gear before defending himself, he had grown angry at a gun crew who were struggling to get set up and torn out the jammed gears himself yelling at the mortified crew that the weapon was useless and told them to fetch him replacement parts. The crew chief grabbed one of his men and sprinted off to the quartermaster, eventually they returned and Vorr took the required pieces off them and rebuilt the mechanism. His Corvus helmet turned to stare at the gun crew as he stepped back from the Hydra Flak cannon.

++ A flak cannon that cannot traverse in battle is inadequate, if you let your charge fall into that state of disrepair again I will return and end you. I will not waste ammunition doing it either. ++

His sneer hidden beneath his helmet Vorr stomped away towards the generals command bunker and he assumed where Akkad would be. Growing more and more agitated at the state of the soldiers around him who all looked more suited to be farmers than Astra Militarum. He would have preferred them to be Praetorian Guard at least they were disciplined enough to keep their gear in working order. He could hear artillery guns firing testing their ranges from small man portable mortars to the larger vehicle based griffon mortars and Earthshakers to the untrained ear it would sound like the PDF were already at war but Vorr knew this was nothing compared to the full cacophony of battle, it had been weeks since the Hive Ship and he had grown tired of the waiting. He wanted the Tyranids to land and to throw himself into the thick of it putting his skills to use. Vorr found the command centre and decided to wait outside for Akkad to appear. The guards around the entrances eyed him warily he ignored them and thought about what he had overheard on his journey that Akkad had been ordering the guardsmen around ignoring their chain of command treating them almost like a personal army, his enhanced autosenses in his armour picked up on many things others might have missed and more agile than other suits - perfect for a Devastator really better scanning made him a more efficient killer and the speed allowed him to quickly redeploy. What he heard about Akkad troubled him it was clearly a violation of the Codex Astartes if it was true a Space Marine should not be commanding mortal troops and breaking the chain of command, they were separated now for good reason.

The sound of an explosion snapped Vorr out of his dark thoughts and he snapped his head in the direction of the blast, it was no artillery shell, that deep crump sounded more like a melta blast. Vorr switched his autosenses to heat vision normally useless at this range but he could see a distant luminous white blast. He changed his display to show blackthorns status and two of them, the Dragon and Raptor, flashed a vibrant red. Definitely a melta blast. Swearing out loud Vorr pulled his assault shotgun up and the guards nearest him jumped in panic oblivious to the damage the other marines had just taken. Akkad bursts out of the command centre bolt pistol in hand looking in the direction of the blast.

++Greetings Akkad, several of your brothers have been injured. Sounded like a melta blast, lead on I will assist you.++

Solastion, Varvost, Akkad, Vorr

The building was once, it seemed, a counting-house for a minor Syndallan guild. Perhaps once it would have thronged with merchants and administrators. Now the entire front of the building has sloughed off like a serpent shedding its skin. You hear the cries of the injured, but there are many more forms that are silent and unmoving. The air is thick with smoke and rockcrete dust. Of your brethren, Tyber and Atratus, there is no visible sign.

As Solastion and Varvost made their way to the location of the blast, the marines practically had to beat back the mortals from crowding around the explosion going so far as bodily tossing those that had clambered onto the pile of rubble he assumed the two squadmates were buried underneath.

When his auto-senses pigned back that Brothers Akkad and Vorr were in the area he quickly got over comms with them and Varvost.

++Brothers, it seems whatever cause of this explosion has buried Tyber and Atratus. Brother Akkad, Brother Varvost, do what you can to control the mortals. Assume we are surrounded by potential hostiles. Brother Vorr, you will assist me in extricating our missing Brothers.++ And the Crimson Knight starts bodily tossing man-sized slabs of rubble as if they were nothing and caring little for where they landed in this moment, his priority was not the mortals but the Astartes.

After a few minuted of digging with Brother Vorr and they had gotten both injured marines free of the rubble. With the telltale signs of melta damage apparent to see across their battleplate, Solastion didnt even both attempting to look for any other casualties.

His Medicae uplink to them now restored, Solastion went about quickly tending to them. ++Brother Vorr, contact the rest of our Brothers and update them on the situation.++

Have dice/time now to update with rolls!

Solastion will excavate his injured squadmates and get to working on them.

Medicae: 1d100 99 vs Medicae 90...so. Cool. Will use a FP if available to reroll.

FP Reroll: 1d100 5 vs 90 for 8 DoS; Healing Tyber for 10 wounds (int bonus x2) + Enhanced Healing: 1d5 1 for a total of 11 wounds healed.

Medicae: 1d100 37 vs Medicae 90 for 5 DoS, healing 10 wounds + Enhanced Healing: 1d5 5 for a total of 15 wounds.

As he ministers to his squadmates he finishes by injecting some stimulants to bring them back to consciousness.

++Brothers Tyber, Atratus, can you hear me? What happened? Who attacked you?"

Edited by Slips

++Brothers, it seems whatever cause of this explosion has buried Tyber and Atratus. Brother Akkad, Brother Varvost, do what you can to control the mortals. Assume we are surrounded by potential hostiles. Brother Vorr, you will assist me in extricating our missing Brothers.++

The guilt is not mine.

The thought pulsed around his head as the scraps of debris and rockrete flew from the bodies lying buried beneath it, Vorr working like a traction engine of the ancient times, spitting rubble carelessly in an attempt to liberate his brethren.  It was obvious what had happened here.  Someone disloyal - the notion growled in his head, although he was unsure what edges of the word cut the flesh of his morality, had decided to try and murder his Kin and the Raptor.  He controlled himself with iron harness as his mighty anger grew, the ferocity burning from cold to hot in mercurial wantonness.

He separated two scrambling humans by cuffing them around the ear.  One dropped a crudely formed knife, but as he looked up at the Marine, there was human shame there, not alien rage.  Akkad growled at him and he vanished.  Another knot of humans demanded food, safety, release, anything.  His Flamer in hand he used the bulk of it to throw them back, keep them in line.  He warned them again.

+Relent!  Stay back, or by the Throne I will use your skull as a shovel!+  This had an effect on most except for an exceptionally burly fellow, who took to pointing.

"You brought us here and now this happens!  Enough of you, we're going to take as we will!"  Akkad's hand shot out, a blur of grey-steel and snatched the damning finger, painfully creasing it back into the hand, close to breaking point.  Whether done in anger or the suffocation of blame he could not say.  The guilt is not mine.

+Listen fool!  Would you rather be left outside to be eaten by monsters, to see your guts rent from you and chewed up in your blood?+  The man quailed a fraction and tried to snatch his hand back.  Akkad let him go and shoved the throng back with a shoulder.  Inside the building the human were panicked, trying to break past Varvost.

He looked back as Solastion tended to the Brothers.

The guilt is not mine. And yet...you brought us here.  And yet...

What had been done was done.

"Get up my Kin."  He whispered more fervently than he wished.  "Tyber, Atratus, please get up!"

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Light

Heat

Sound

Force

Silence

Blackness

That was the order of things that Tyber’s mind processed after the cultist activated the melta charge, it was the silence that seemed to bother him more than blackness. A total void, he could not even hear the beating of his own harts, the hum of the power pack on his back let alone the gentle sounds of the onboard cogitator working.

From far off, he heard a familiar voice answer his own; You failed yet again, my little bomb magnet…

Tyber tried to move towards the voice, but found that his body would respond to his will to move, this voice was back, digging at him, he yelled back at it; “I did not fail! How could I have known there was cult in their mix, let alone that they had a melta charge!”

The disembodied voice started to chuckle at him, again it was so familiar; How could you not? Even the mortal arbites knew something was wrong!

It paused to give some weight to the words it was using ; This is just another example, in a growing list of failure on your part. Others paying the price for your inability to see what is right in front of you.

The voice’s words struck a nerve with him, his mind raced, he could feel his blood flow faster, “And what would you have done differently?” he asked, his voice horse and angry.

The voice’s laughter became a deep throaty laugh as it continued; The answer is simple, kill them all. They are traitors to the Throne; they do not deserve the protection provided by you.

Just as Tyber heard that last word, suddenly sounds returned, the onboard cogitators seemed to spin up, his HUD loaded and he could see debris above him, shift and move as it was lifted away. A black gauntlet reached in, without hesitation Tyber reached for it, using it to help pull him free.

Falling to his keens, then to the palms of his hands, he reached up and pulled his helm free, coughing, his voice horse, he said quietly so that only Solastion could hear, “Kill them, kill them all. They harbored at least one cultist…”

Solastion nodded once, the gravity of his voice cutting through the vox distortion ++Brothers, we have possible cultists, do what is necessary; we will be exfiltrating back towards less crowded locations and towards the grand estates.++ and he helps Tyber to his feet, handing the marine his helmet.

++Brothers, we have possible cultists, do what is necessary; we will be exfiltrating back towards less crowded locations and towards the grand estates.++

Solastion gave such certainty.  Akkad unleashed his doubts, let them roll to the edges of his perception as the command pushed in.  The rabble outside had lessened somewhat, but the looks on the faces of those inside carried a knowing, a shame of harbouring the damned.  He drew his bolt pistol with his free hand and fired two rounds over the crowd outside and they scattered.  Holstering Sonnet he strode in, saw that the brothers were at least moving and tore a Suppression shield from the dead hands of an Enforcer, thrusting it at Varvost.

He used the broad slab to hammer back the bravest and Akkad joined him, forming an impromptu shield wall with a second shield.  He had been remiss in not protecting the younger brothers, he would not fail now.

The guilt is not mine.

It didn't matter now, the order was given, the flamer levelled and the voice that slithered from his Vox grille was a serpentine twist of hatred and something more, a man wounded by betrayal.  But whose?

+If you will reward us only with treason, then you shall be rewarded only with death.+  The flamer gushed forth in roiling heat, immediate destruction of everything mortal in front of it as a hateful gush of promethium shrieked into life, burning and choking the air, seeking nothing but the consumption of flesh and clothes for fuel in it's malevolent anger.

He risked a look back, Solastion heaving Tyber onto his shoulder and Vorr recovering Atratus, shielding the younger Astartes' body with his own from the tumbling debris of the building.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

As the woman came forwards it took a moment for Atratus to recognise the device, different from the mining charges that were common on this world. For a split second he wondered where such a thing had been acquired and chided himself for treating this expedition as one of moral rather than military support.

Training and hypno-indoctrination kicked in, overriding his surprised confusion at the situations sudden change to the lethal. Too cramped and too little time to take to the sky he crouched low and turned to present the heat-resistant jump-pack to the blast, the white hot flash of the meltabomb already blinding as the air ignited around him. Readings within his armour turned red and then blinked out as systems shut down against heat which seemed to burn hot through the ceramite as if it were not there, and then the heat lessened... the sound of the collapsing building hidden amidst the roar of the fusion detonation.

Atratus moved to brace himself against the falling debris that had momentarily saved him from the heat of the blast but now threatened to finish the job, fighting against his partially powered armour. An ignominious end if it were to be his.

• 2 weeks later...

GM: At last, back on track...! Please check the most recent post in the data-slate thread; it should hopefully clear up some confusion. The blast occurred on Day 18, so there has been an additional two days since.

- Tyber | AG48 (4x2) | WOUNDS 18/18(20) | FATE 5/5

- Atratus | AG70 (7) | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/3

- Rodrik Ghent | AG60 (6) | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 2/2

- Solastion Albikus | AG33 (3x2) | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4

- Vârvost | AG54 (5) | WOUNDS 24/24 | FATE 3/3

- Brakan Vorr | AG50 (5) | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

- Guillermo Montesa | AG49 (4) | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/2(+1)

- Daon Akkad | AG45 (4) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 4/4

- Greysight | AG43 (4) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

- Nycax Sabaan | AG43 (4) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

- Oto Yeng | AG40 (4) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

Tyber: Due to the damage Tyber's armour has sustained, he has been forced to temporarily don the armour of Sergeant Calumnus Jor of the Libators, the former Sergeant of Swordhand. This will give you the following effects:

Mark 7 Armour (10 Points of Armour to the Body, 8 to all other Locations. +20 Strength, +10 Awareness)

The Emperor’s Finest: The wearers of this suit have time and again shone out as magnificent examples of the Adeptus Astartes – holding breaches, saving commanding officers from certain doom and eliminating enemy leaders to single-handedly win glorious victories. The current occupant has a lot to live up to! He gains a +5 bonus to Pinning Test, Fear Tests and Command Tests.

DAY 20

Metallican District, Adeptus Mechanicus Territory

Beregar City

Syndalla

It comes to this.

After the Cult showed its resurgent hand in the refugee camps of the Fallows, after wounding Tyber and Atratus with their cowardice, the brothers of Blackthorn and Swordhand have brought the cultists to account within this refinery-complex. The sound of autorifle fire is like rain against ceramite.

The time has come to move forward, through this distraction, and secure the safety of Syndalla.

eEOXDCP.png

GM: The Deathwatch Marines may start anywhere within the dark grey area on the bottom left - I will roll initiative after the deployment is determined. The red vehicle is a goliath-type truck with a twin-linked autocannon mounted on the flat-bed.

TURN ONE

Update...

S6CVGS3.png

[-] Rodrik Ghent | AG60 (6) + 10 = 16 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 1/2

[-] Vârvost | AG54 (5) + 10 = 15 | WOUNDS 24/24 | FATE 3/3

[-] Daon Akkad | AG45 (4) + 10 = 14 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/4

[-] Brakan Vorr | AG50 (5) + 8 = 13 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

[-] Greysight | AG43 (4) + 9 = 13 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

[-] Nycax Sabaan | AG43 (4) + 9 = 13 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

[-] Aberrant 2 | AG3 + 10 = 13

[-] Tyber | AG48 (4x2) + 4 = 12 | WOUNDS 18/18(20) | FATE 5/5

[-] Oto Yeng | AG40 (4) + 8 = 12 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

[-] Solastion Albikus | AG33 (3x2) + 5 = 11 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4

[-] Cultist Horde 3 | AG3 + 8 = 11 | MAGNITUDE XX

[-] Cultist Horde 1 | AG3 + 7 = 10 | MAGNITUDE XX

[-] Atratus | AG70 (7) + 2 = 9 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/3

[-] Guillermo Montesa | AG49 (4) + 5 = 9 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/2(+1)

[-] Morthas Teralil | AG40 (4) + 5 = 9 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

[-] Aberrant 1 | AG3 + 6 = 9

[-] Goliath Truck | AG3 + 5 = 8

[-] Cultist Horde 2 | AG3 + 2 = 5 | MAGNITUDE XX

(Please inform me whether you wish to spend a Fate Point to have counted as having rolled a '10' for your Initiative.)

Apologist:

8zJxQeO.png

This should hopefully help you with what Yeng can do. You can do two half-actions, or one full action. If unsure, ask in the OOC thread!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

The Mazer Rackham Design Studio, in partnership with the Slips Professional Publications present:

Battle was about to be joined.  The dim prickle of stimulants flooding his bloodstream and the sharpness of the colours and vivid clarity of detail in both friends and foemen settled him in the familiar.  His helm pressed against his head as sweat toiled down his face.  He adjusted the climate to compensate with a simple click.  He felt eyes on him, shrugged as the heavy bolter moved up, a gaping maw of doom, ready to smite and swallow souls.

Akkad hefted Cadence and checked the signals of those around him, noticing the Demi-Squad of Sabaan and Greysight nearby, cleaving together with himself.  Thorvald however noticeably absent.  He sent a request to Tyber's newfound warplate and to Atratus' own suit via noospheric interface and got the same answer: Vital signs nominal.  It was the third time that day.  He frowned, forcing a grip onto his sanity.  The fault is not mine.  He glanced around, the hollow feeling of the words cold, without comfort.  As the cultists spilled forward and his finger found the trigger, he could feel eyes still lingering on him and swivelled his neck to see who it was.  The Priest, Solastion, standing patient and sure.  His mind drifted back to the conversation not a day ago, a day before the Priest was proven maddeningly right.

They were bare-headed, a conversation like this was better face-to-face.

"You put us all at great risk.  A Mortal levy raised from a population we hadn't verified?"  The Iazu was steady in reproach, not volatile or shouting like the humans would have been to each other.

"Should not all hands be turned to the plough?"

"No.  By the Angel, not like this."

"But the 303rd..." Solastion cut him off with a short chop of his hand.

"A militia, yes."  He conceded curtly, "not a private army!"  Still he didn't shout, the force was quiet but constant, building to a thunderhead of revelation. "There is a division of power for a reason. That tradition is millenia old and laid in the Codex as absolute." He winced as he said the last words, but Akkad could tell it was more from lecturing on the Codex Astartes than it was distaste for the thing itself.

"Doesn't the book also tell us to win the fight?"

Solastion looked at him sharply from where his piercing blue eyes and adonesque face had wandered, the gaze now searching for some kind of taunt, but finding none, relented.

"And what fight did it win?  We nearly lost both Tyber and Atratus."  The delivery was cold, precise, a scalpel through flesh.  He hefted the dataslate that contained all the reports Akkad had gathered, he'd digested them at some length.  The advantages gained had been lost by the retaliation.  He didn't need to tell the smaller Marine, he knew.

"I...yes."  The Astral Claw lowered his head, shoulders slumped, protests gone from him in acceptance.  "Name penance Iazu, I have erred."  The Crimson Knight blinked at the odd name and watched an experienced warrior realise his ways were not the ways that worked for the Deathwatch.

"Your penance is to tell me who taught you that such Divisions of Power should be broken."  A small smile flashed, gone as fast as it had come.  "And what Iazu means.  I hope it is not an insult."

The enemy began to move.

MR.

A spike of pain in his right shoulder made him wince; again this new armour pinched at random movements at random times. This discomfort reminded him that this was not his armour and that perhaps the armour was continuing with letting him know that he was not the operator it belonged too or perhaps it was letting him know it was displeased to be showing heraldry that it was not used to carry.

Trying to clear his mind, Tyber again found his mind going back to the day he was given the armour…

“This armour should be satisfactory, despite your non-standard dimensions Brother Tyber.+ came the mechanical voice of Sabaan between hiss-clicks of his voice.

“It is small.” Tyber said as he stood in front of the armour, “Are you sure that you can stretch it enough for me to fit? Can you not just cannibalize it to fix mine?”

Tyber reached out to touch the smooth finish of the armour, he was frowning as he looked his right pauldron was already fitted to it, making the armour look a little lob sided with the larger than normal pauldron fitted to it. “I cannot. Primairly, it is against the creed of my order to desecrate a working machine to fix a broken one. Secondly, your armour seems to use non-standard components that we do not have. Tertiary, mark seven armour is very modular, it should have enough adjustment to fit. If it does not, perhaps we should adjust your dimensions.” Came Sabaan’s voice again, with perhaps a touch of humor at the end, enough that forced Tyber to crack a smile.

With a heavy sigh, Tyber rubbed his own head, feeling the hair that had started to grow longer, if he were to fit it inside the helm of this suit, it would need to go. “I will do what I can Brother Sabaan, but I will need to ask a few favors… one now, one later. For now, I need to barrow your combat knife…”

A rapid blinking on the orange HUD grabbed his attention, Another one of these blasted pop ups… how did Jor ever get anything done with this armour… Tyber thought to himself as he scanned the text on the screen:

+++

User Tyber, the Codex demands that all Astartes keep their minds on their current surroundings at all times when in battle.

Also User Jor accomplished much with this unit.

+++

Tyber grunted to himself, blink clicking away the pop up before rolling his eyes and sighing out over his Vox ling to Akkad; +I think this armour is going to make sure I am well versed in the Codex Astartes before mine is ever fixed…+

Switching to squad level, Tyber added +I will go around the outside of the engagement to flank that truck with the auto cannon before it can start suppress us.+

OOC:

On Tyber’s turn, he will do a “run” action for 11 hexes forward, putting him close to the third box, six squares south of the cultists #2 squad.

Run action gives anyone shooting at Tyber -20 to BS tests.

If hit for some reason, Tyber will try and dodge with +20 dodge skill

OOC:

Edit; spelling that I skipped over with spell check...

Edited by Steel Company

Ghent was glad to have his gene-brother beside him as the battle was about to start. With a nod to the Librarian, he ran straight towards the nearest container and then moved along it towards the left-side group of xeno-tainted mutants, Fulmen Mors ready and loaded with deadly Metal Storm rounds. This would be a massacre.

Hidden Content

Run action (36m for Ghent) in a straight line towards the nearest container and then whatever distance is left along its flank towards the top edge of the container.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

As the squad split off into their own sub-groups as they made their final approach on a remaining assemblage of Hybrids they had located, Solastion took stock of the options laid out before him.

He paired himself with Varvost directly behind a parked truck and an idea struck him as his jump pack flared in response to his mounting anticipation for the combat that was to be had.

++Come, Varvost, let us sow some chaos within their ranks. Just make sure you're not in the trucks way.++ he said before the Eradicator took off to take his bloody toll on the enemies arrayed before them.

Just as his chainaxe started whirring in the distance, Solastion ignited his jump pack and rammed himself bodily into the rear of the truck directly in front of him.

Solastion will use a run move (with Jump Pack) to reach the rear of the truck in front of him and, if he can, using the remaining distance in his run and the fact that he can push upwards of 9000kg (without jump pack assistance) will attempt to push the truck forward. If he can impart enough momentum into the thing that it goes off crashing into the Goliath truck, then thats a nice bonus.

If a strength check is required: Strength: 1d100 76 vs STR 80 (with SB13) for a simple success only unless there are positive or negative modifiers.

He almost hoped the undisciplined hordes of feeble xeno-hybrids would have forgotten to engage any breaks to make his task all the easier.

Edited by Slips

Though he had been disappointed at the recalcitrance of the Metalicans, that was behind them now. They could be dealt with at a later date. Now, they had to purge the survivors of the cult before the Tyranids arrived. 

As they hurried through the refinery complex, he glanced at Tyber, a brief, unwelcome flicker of emotion clouding his thoughts as he remembered the last brother to wear it. Though his forge-brother of the Iron Hands had been the one to fit it for the Dragon of Caliban, owing to his greater knowledge of the recipient, he nevertheless felt an element of responsibility for it. He opened a vox channel to his brother:

++I trust that the brother-sergeant's armour is suitable, son of the Lion? The wisdom of Guilliman grant you strength in battle, as it did him.++

Moving into position, he took account of the forces arrayed against them. He sighted down the gap between the truck and the containers, aiming at the horde of filth swarming the area.

For Enduring Lord Fulminos. For Our Father Guilliman. For the Emperor.

He pulled the trigger.

OOC: Semi-Auto Burst with his bolter at Horde 2.

ROUND ONE

Thankfully a new page!

RODRIK GHENT

- Run move (36m)

VARVOST

- Run move (AB6, Doubled by Jump Pack): (72m)

DAON AKKAD

Full Action: Full Auto Burst (Heavy Bolter) against Cultist Horde 2

BS52(+20, FAB, +30 Magnitude): 80 (2DoS)

Heavy Bolter is 1D10+12X (Pen 5), Tearing: 1 Hit (+2, Degrees of Success, +1 for Explosive)

Hit 1: 5: 17 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 2: 2: 14 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 3: 5: 17 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 4: 1: 13 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Akkad does 4 Magnitude Damage to Cultist Horde 2 (down to 31)

BRAKAN VORR

Half Action: Move

Half Action: Standard Attack (Missile Launcher (FRAG) against Cultist Horde 3)

BS58(+30 Horde Size, +10 Short Range, -20 Obscured): 15 (HIT, 6DoS)

Frag Missile is 2D10+2X Blast 5, Devastating 1 (Pen 4): 5 Hits (+1 for Explosive, +1 for Devastating)

Hit 1: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 3,5: 10 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 2: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 7,6: 15 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 3: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 7,2: 11 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 4: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 6,6: 14 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 5: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 3,10(+RF3): 18 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 6: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 5,8: 15 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 7: 2D10+2, Pen 4: 1,5: 8 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Vorr does 7 Magnitude Damage to Cultist Horde 3 (down to 33)

The booming noise of the frag missile detonating reverberates throughout the manufactorum as several of the cultists evaporate into a crimson mist of gore and ichor.

GREYSIGHT

Full Action: Semi-Auto Burst against Cultist Horde 2

Half-Move (5m)

BS55(+10 Bolter Mastery, +30 Magnitude Damage, +10 Range): 51 (5DoS)

Bolter is 1D10+9X (Pen 4), Tearing: (1 Hit, +2 for Semi-Auto, +1 Explosive)

Hit 1: 5: 14 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 2: 4: 13 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 3: 3: 12 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 4: 9: 18 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Greysight does 4 Magnitude Damage to Cultist Horde 2, down to 27)

NYCAX SABAAN

Half-Action: Aim (10)

Half-Action: Standard Attack with Bolter against Cultist Horde 2

BS51(+10, Aim, +10, Range, +20 Magnitude): 22 (HIT, 6DoS)

Bolter is 1D10+9X (Pen 4), Tearing: (1 Hit, +1 Explosive)

Hit 1: 8: 17 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Hit 2: 6: 15 Damage against TB3 and Armour 4(0)

Sabaan does 2 Magnitude Damage to Cultist Horde 2, down to 25)

ABERRANT 2

Half-Action: Delay

TYBER

Full Action: Run

Status

[X] Rodrik Ghent | AG60 (6) + 10 = 16 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 1/2

[X] Vârvost | AG54 (5) + 10 = 15 | WOUNDS 24/24 | FATE 3/3

[X] Daon Akkad | AG45 (4) + 10 = 14 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/4

[X] Brakan Vorr | AG50 (5) + 8 = 13 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

[X] Greysight | AG43 (4) + 9 = 13 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

[X] Nycax Sabaan | AG43 (4) + 9 = 13 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

[X] Aberrant 2 | AG3 + 10 = 13

[X] Tyber | AG48 (4x2) + 4 = 12 | WOUNDS 18/18(20) | FATE 5/5

[-] Oto Yeng | AG40 (4) + 8 = 12 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

[-] Solastion Albikus | AG33 (3x2) + 5 = 11 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4

[-] Cultist Horde 3 | AG3 + 8 = 11 | MAGNITUDE 33

[-] Cultist Horde 1 | AG3 + 7 = 10 | MAGNITUDE 30

[-] Atratus | AG70 (7) + 2 = 9 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/3

[-] Guillermo Montesa | AG49 (4) + 5 = 9 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/2(+1)

[-] Morthas Teralil | AG40 (4) + 5 = 9 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

[-] Aberrant 1 | AG3 + 6 = 9

[-] Goliath Truck | AG3 + 5 = 8

[-] Cultist Horde 2 | AG3 + 2 = 5 | MAGNITUDE 27

Edited by Commissar Molotov