- Blackthorn -

Ekieo moved to the cover of the nose of a shuttle that was just to his right. It gave him protection from the militia that were to the right of the platform but enough of a vantage of the militia that were taking cover behind a box close by.

He drew his bolter and took aim at the enemy who had stepped slightly from his cover and was now in weapon sight. Ekieo engaged.

- half action move to H5 - front of the right hand shuttle as cover

- Standard attack on enemy B - shoot with boltgun

BS 49 +10 close range = 59 - Rolled 58 ( 0 DoS)

Hit location - rolled 58, reversed to 85, hit location is right leg.

Damage + Tearing - 2D10+9 - rolled 2 and a 7, discard 2 = 7+9 = 16 damage

Edited by That Beyond the Light

Kill-Team Swordhand

Achillion and Kol

GM: I have updated Achillion's reading of the chalice here.

Per Mojake's post in the OOC thread:

So I rolled an Invocation test to better understand the Tarot results and got the following:

I rolled 38, and with my +10 from my Psy Focus I have a target of 63, so 2 DoS.

Mol said I can use each DoS to ask a question, so I'm going to use those 2 and burn a Fate Point to ask 3 questions:

1. A threat to our mission is a spiteful individual (the Crone) who holds secrets and deceives us (the Inquisitor). Is the threat to us the deceitful individual, or the specific secret that they hold?

2. Related to the same threat, the Young Warrior (representing arrogance, pride and strength) seems to contradict the Inquisitor and the Crone meanings. Does this card refer to a specific, separate individual from the Inquisitor/Crone acting alongside/beneath them or is it the same person? If it's the latter, then this is definitely the threat that I'm most unsure of.

3. Do the Great Host and the Beast refer to the same thing, i.e. are we facing an overwhelming and savage/destructive force of many, or a savage and great individual at the head of an overwhelming force?

1: It takes a liar to turn a truth into a secret. The deceitful individual would seem to be the threat.

2: You would think that the Young Warrior is a separate individual.

3: A great individual at the head of an overwhelming force.

He surged forward like a tightly coiled spring of plasteel finally being unwound. Target selection and clear firing vectors are always key to establish upon the moment of insertion. The impetus of their strike must not be stopped, but the oft-bemoaned truth of combat -- especially within mixed role squads -- was that the Devastator must play mathematician as well as heavy support. Should your angle prove too oblique you risk catching your brothers in your line of fire; too obtuse and you might as well be shooting at them purposefully. He adjusted accordingly, shifting between Solza and Artemios who themselves were already in motion and unleashed at the House troopers cowering behind cover, content that he would either eradicate their barricade or punch through to pulp their bodies regardless. The holy suspensor installed upon his weapon seethed and compensated for his movements -- it was a marvel of arcane engineering to behold the read-outs in his visor's display resolve and recalculate the firing solution in a fraction of the time it normally took. The Deathwatch's esoteric technology had already embraced him as a brother.

Half Action Move north east if possible just to clear line of sight.

Deathwatch Suspensor allows a Full Auto Burst as a Half Action, aiming at Troopers E & B. 

Ballistic Skill (HB): BS74 (+20 Full Auto Burst, +10 Short Range) = BS104: 67 (Pass, 4 DoS)

Hit Locations: Right Leg, Leg, Body, Arm

Damage: 1D10+16 Pen 5 (Tearing)

1st: 7 + 16 = 23 on Trooper E

2nd: 5 + 16 = 21 on Trooper E

3rd: 9 + 16 = 25  on Trooper B

4th: 10 + 16 + 4 (RF) = 30 on Trooper B

BS74 (+20, +10) = BS104: 24. RF confirmed.

Edited by ashlander47

The first three cards glimmered as they were turned to reveal their secrets.

The Great Host, a woodsman staring out at the monumental task before him. The Beast, savagery incarnate. The Hulk, the form of the vast voidship inverted, struggling to maintain corporeal form.

Achillion's eyes scand the orientation and the order with which the cards at the foot of the chalice presented themselves. He looked up to see Vorkys' eyes similarly scanning the psycho-active focii before them, searching for meaning.

"We face overwhelming opposition, my brother. A wave of destruction will fall upon us, and riding upon its crest will be a tyrant. This lord of war has united that which is broken, and directs it with ruinous intent."

The Codicier didn't hesitate in continuing the reading, almost as if dwelling on the revelations would sever his connection to the augury. The stem of the chalice was unveiled next.

"The Sword, strength of arm embodied in the symbol of a shining longsword - the namesake of our Kill-Team. Your resolute leadership will be instrumental in our overcoming of these perils."

Without looking up again, the Codicier deftly turned the cards of each triumvirate consecutively, deciphering aloud as each trinity was uncovered in its entirety.

"The Candle, wax falling from the flame as time falls from all mortal beings. The Shattered World, extinction in its purest form. The Blind Seer, one who looks but fails to see that which awaits him."

Achillion paused to flex his scarred jaw before continuing. "The march of time goes on regardless, and we must make haste. Loss the likes of which we have never known awaits us should we lose sight of the goals ahead."

If the Watch-Sergeant had exhibited any further reaction to the reading, or even should he have interrupted the Librarian, there would have been no acknowledgement. The Angel was fully absorbed in his divination now, his eyes flitting over the cards and his mind whirring through the possibilities, the vast arterial network of futures spread before him, ripe for extraction.

"The Inquisitor, a master of deceit. The Crone, ancient and bitter. The Young Warrior, so sure of his power."

Achillion hesitated, drawing a quick glance from the Reviler. "This reading is difficult to judge. A scornful master of puppets is at odds with us, bloated with secrets. We must show caution when dealing with his servants, whoever they may be."

The Codicier's eyes flashed with hatred as he pored over the final triumvirate. He felt the finely tuned balance within him shift as his unconscious mind made sense of the triplet of cards sitting by his now healed finger. He made to speak, but the words failed to form on his tongue. His furious gazed lingered upon that symbol. Thousands of years of psychic agony plagued his entire bloodline, turning noble men into ravening killers. This symbol represented the source of their torment. Achillion couldn't bring himself to say his name.

His voice came out barely comprehensible, closer to a bestial growl than the fortune telling of a scholar.

"The Warp and its denizens have a part to play in this journey of ours. Treachery and cunning are the foes that will uncloak themselves when the hour is nigh; the vile Traitor Legions and their diabolic bed-fellows will feel the Blade of Azurea in their blackened hearts."

Libra lay at the Librarian's left side, the pure white of its winged head contrasting the wicked curve of the executioner's edge. Its Baalite steel briefly rippled with psychic energy, a reflection of the lust for vengeance in the hearts of its bearer.

Achillion took a few moments to calm himself, running his bare fingers along the high gothic script of the tome to his right, his meditative focus placating the rage within him. The dichotomy of the relics that flanked the Angel was lost on Vorkys, and for that matter lost on any others who were not sons of the Great Angel. On his left sat the proverbial devil, pushing the balance of his soul towards the darkness that inevitably awaited him. On his right, the angel, composure and knowledge with which to better serve his fellow Astartes.

Taking a deep breath, he turned the final three cards.

"The Star, guiding our hand. The Drowned Man, perpetually suffering. The Emperor's Throne, its form golden and regal."

For the first time since the reading began, Achillion locked eyes with the Watch-Sergeant. "The Astronomicon is to be our greatest ally during these trying times, and we must have confidence in the Emperor's beacon to guide us on this mission. Our success hinges on the survival of our Astropaths."

Vorkys' brow furrowed in thought.

"Fear not, brother. I've been wrong before." Achillion let out a low throaty laugh as he gathered the cards back up.

++

As Achillion began to stow away the tarot cards, he stopped for a moment. "Vorkys," it was unusual for the Librarian to forgo official titles, so the Reviler's full attention was immediate, "the unexplainable phenomenon that you observed today stays between us. It is difficult enough for our brothers to trust one such as myself - they need no encouragement. They will witness my manifestations eventually, it cannot be helped, but I do not wish to be vilified by rumour and exaggeration." Achillion's tone was grim. He was never the best orator, so he offered a strained smile to show that his request was not a threat, but one of mutual respect.

Edited by Mojake

Kill-Team Blackthorn (Sternguard)

ROUND ONE

The Consecrator moves first, already marking targets for the rest of the Kill-Team. His relic heavy bolter begins to roar, laying down a withering hail of fire that makes a mockery of any cover that the foe might seek in the futile hope of delaying their inevitable demise.

The Black Consul, bolter up, quickly switches targets so as not to impede the Devastator in his work. He fires once, the bolt spinning away into the void as one of the troopers is quick enough to duck away from what would have been certain death.

Incariel:

Half-Action: Move North-East

Half Action: Full Auto Burst (Deathwatch Suspensor)

BS74(+20FAB)(+10 Short Range) = BS104: 67 (PASS, 3DoS) - 1 Hit, +3 Additional

Shots resolve at 1D10+16, Pen 5, reduced by TB4 and Armour 4 and a crate with Armour 8 (below the waist)

Trooper E attempts to Dodge on AG30: 60 (FAIL)

Hit 1: 23 Damage (reduced by 7 to 16)

Hit 2: 21 Damage (reduced by 7 to 14) - Trooper E is killed

Trooper B attempts to Dodge on AG30: 75 (FAIL)

Hit 3: 25 Damage (reduced by 7 to 18) - Trooper B is killed

Hit 4: Wasted

Artemios:

Full Action: Run (36m)

Solza:

TBTL - please don't forget that as I mentioned in the OOC thread, you can take a Tactics (Orbital Drop) test against your Intelligence stat in order to gain 1+DoS re-rolls for the assault on the Desiato Household.

As Solza's intended target - Trooper B - is already dead, I will reallocate to the closest enemy: C

Half Action: Move 6m

Half Action: Standard attack with Bolter against C

BS49(+10 Close Range) = 59: 58 (HIT)

Trooper C attempts to Dodge on AG30: 28 (PASS)

Kill-Team Cohesion: 9

[X] INCARIEL | (SOLO) | INT(5+2)+9 = 16 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3

[X] ARTEMIOS | (SOLO) | AG4+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3

[X] SOLZA | (SOLO) | AG5+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4

[ ] ARCOST | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+1+7 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/2

[ ] TROOPER I | AG3+10 = 13 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER K | AG3+10 = 13 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER A | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER F | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER J | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] GREYSIGHT | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+5 = 10 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

[ ] TROOPER L | AG3+6 = 9 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] PYKE | (SOLO) | AG5+3 = 8 | WOUNDS X/X | FATE X/X

[ ] TROOPER D | AG3+4 = 7 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER C | AG3+3 = 6 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER G | AG3+3 = 6 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER H | AG3+1 = 4 | WOUNDS 10

Edited by Commissar Molotov

The arcane witchcraft of the augury had deeply disturbed Vorkys. The taint of the warp emanated from the cards in such a way that made his skin crawl. Each card revealed by the Librarian’s hand seemed to be yet another blow, and his interpretations only worsened Vorkys’ mood.

A great force led by a great enemy. An interpretation that should seem so obvious was a mere vaguely in the face of the multitude of threats placed before the Imperium of Man. Reforming what was broken perhaps narrowed the situation down. Their traitorous brothers or perhaps the Greenskin menace.

The Sword, the Kill-team, decisive action, there was little be learned from this draw, but perhaps that maintaining the present course is the direction to take.

Time is against their objectives and failure spells destruction on a vast scale, more pressure to perform but haste is dangerous as well. The Blind Seer stuck in his mind. More and more the thought returned to him. The unknown. That ever present enemy that haunted their every action and dictated their thoughts and plans. But perhaps Achillion’s reading is the accurate one, that we must remain focused on the task given to us despite the vagueries.

The Inquisitor, perhaps too on the nose or maybe Vorkys simply wanted to mistrust Grist, but it could not be totally ignored. A master of puppets stands in opposition to us and is not alone.

The next reading shifted Achillion’s mood visibly and the reason was quite obvious. The Eye of Horus, the symbol of the Arch-Traitor himself. The Space Marine inverted. The signs were clear, the traitors were involved in some way. Every loyal Astartes relished a fight with their traitorous brethren, but the Revilers had a particular zeal for it and especially for those who had betrayed and slaughtered their brothers on the killing fields of Istvaan V. Their presence could only mean far greater danger than had been expected.

The final reading, their guide through this effort, the astropathic choir apparently. The importance placed on those mortals and their survival was disquieting. He was loathe to leave any of his brothers aboard the ship should they need to board another. Not only was babysitting mortals a disservice to those chosen for the task, but without a specific threat at hand it would be sure to cause ripples among the squad if nothing came of the matter.

The Codicier’s earnest request and informal speech had caught him off guard. “Naturally Brother-Codicier, the... actions... witnessed here are among only ourselves.” With that Vorkys put his helmet back onto his head and opened the squad level vox channel. “The ship has changed course, we have a target I presume?”

As he waited for a response he turned to Achillion again and asked directly, “The Astropathic Choir, do you believe there to be a direct threat?”

"Given what we saw of the Dark Lantern on Syndalla, it isn't outside of the realms of possibility that we must traverse the tides of the Warp to track our quarry. Perhaps the Arch-Enemy have foreseen this and plan to surgically strike at our Navigators, stranding us in the void or the Empyrean itself."

As Achillion lifted the large axe to his shoulder and prepared to head back to the bridge with the sergeant he added, "There is more than one way to skin a heretic, brother. My interpretations of the cards are only as valuable as your own, do not allow yourself to blindly follow their apparent outcomes."

The Librarian gave the other marine a nod, and slapped him on the pauldron as he moved past and exited the ritual chamber.

Edited by Mojake

"There is more than one way to skin a heretic, brother. My interpretations of the cards are only as valuable as your own, do not allow yourself to blindly follow their apparent outcomes." The words rang true. He could not allow himself to dictate his actions purely off of interpretations. He should be careful not to ignore them either. Balance was the key. He turned and followed Achillion back to the bridge to see what the rest of the squad had decided.

“The ship has changed course, we have a target I presume?”

Titus paused in his and Gideon's examination of the datafiles to respond to Kol.

"There seems to be little of use in what we have been given. Either the good Inquisitor is a much less able investigator than one would hope, or he has told us much less than he knows.

However, Brother Thorvald has identified the remains of the largest vessel, the cruiser Riches Untold, and we have moved to examine it further."

Titus grinned at the big warrior and spoke with friendly mockery.

"As usual, a son of the Wolves aims himself at the biggest foe on the field. Perhaps they worry they will miss if they aim for a smaller target?"

(Placeholder as I have no idea what am I doing and don't have time to exactly look into it)

Mol - my intention is for Pallan to move towards the cover of the ship to his left and fire his bolter in a steady manner at the troopers B and C. In the interest of keeping things moving can you roll whatever is needed. Sorry if that's a nuisance.

<Swordhand>

Chaka takes another look at the Riches Untold through the bridge viewports, wondering what they might find aboard before speaking to Rubio.

"I see no reason to delay. If none of my brothers have any objections, I say we board and investigate her as soon as possible. The clues we're sent to find may be decaying away as we speak."

Besides, he thinks to himself, who knows what vessels may be travelling towards us at this very moment? Best to get it done and be ready to leave should the worst come to pass.

GM: Argent, that's fine. By the time of your post, B is dead, but C is alive (having ducked away from Solza's shot.)

In this case, you would:

Half Action: Move forward 5m

Half Action: Standard attack with Bolter against Trooper C

BS44(+10 for Short Range, ~25m away)=BS54: 39 (HIT)

Trooper C has already used their reaction and so cannot dodge.

Bolter does 1D10(Tearing)+9, Pen 4: 8+9 = 17 Damage (reduced by TB4 to 13)

Trooper C is killed.

I will update today all the way through to Pyke's actions, so Sobek can decide what he wants to do. I'll also provide you with an updated map.

++ROUND ONE CONTINUES++

After the first initial moments of shock, the troopers of House Desiato begin to return fire, crimson beams of las-fire wickering out against the darkness. It speaks to their training and their discipline that they are fighting against the Astartes. It is also entirely futile.

One trooper rounds the corner of one of the shuttlecraft perched upon the landing deck, lasgun held ready. He shoots at Greysight, the Storm Son smoothly raising his bolter and returning like for like. The trooper's torso explodes into a crimson mist that is caught by the wind and blown out into the void. The ruined lower half of his body soon follows, tumbling end-over-end until it disappears into the clouds.

Trooper I:

Full Action: Run (18m) into cover.

Trooper K:

Half Action: Aim (+10)

Half Action: Shoot Arcost

BS45(+10 Aim) = BS55: 20 (HIT)

Lasgun does 1D10+3 Damage, Pen 0: 6 (9)

Arcost's 55 (BODY) has Armour 9 and TB6: 0 Damage Sustained

Trooper A:

Half Action: Move

Half Action: Shoot Greysight

BS45(+10 Short Range) = BS55: 86 (MISS)

Trooper F:

Half Action: Shoot Solza

BS45(+10 Aim)(+10 Short Range) = BS65: 4 (HIT)

Lasgun does 1D10+3 Damage: 2 (5)

Solza's 40 (BODY) has Armour 11 and TB8: 0 Damage Sustained

Trooper J:

Half Action: Shoot Incariel

BS45(+10 Aim)=BS55: 33 (HIT)

Lasgun does 1D10+3 Damage: 7 (10)

Incariel's 33 (BODY) has TB8 and Armour 9: 0 Damage Sustained

Greysight:

Half Action: Standard Attack against Trooper A

BS55(+10 Aim)(+10 Bolter Mastery)(+10 Short Range)=BS85: 45 (HIT)

Trooper A attempts to Dodge on AG30: 56 (FAIL)

Bolter does 1D10+9(+2 Mighty Shot)(+2 Bolter Mastery)(+1 Exceptional-Quality Bolter) = 1D10+14, Pen 4: 9 (23 Damage)

Reduced by TB4 and Armour 4(0) to 19 Damage

Trooper A dies.

Trooper L:

Half Action: Aim(+10)

Half Action: Shoot Incariel

BS45(+10 Aim)=BS55: 3 (HIT)

Lasgun does 1D10+3 Damage: 4 (7)

Incariel's 30 (Left Arm) has TB8 and Armour 8: 0 Damage Sustained

[X] SOLZA | (SOLO) | AG5+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4

[X] ARCOST | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+1+7 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/2

[X] TROOPER I | AG3+10 = 13 | WOUNDS 10

[X] TROOPER K | AG3+10 = 13 | WOUNDS 10

[X] TROOPER F | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[X] TROOPER J | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[X] GREYSIGHT | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+5 = 10 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

[X] TROOPER L | AG3+6 = 9 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] PYKE | (SOLO) | AG5+3 = 8 | WOUNDS X/X | FATE X/X

[ ] TROOPER C | AG3+3 = 6 | WOUNDS 10

MLPR1Gy.png

<Blackthorn>

Pyke hopped from the door of the storm raven and strides purposefully ahead. Unfazed by the fire ricocheting off his armor, he levels his frag cannon at the enemy trooper in front of him and sends a shot down range. The trooper, having seen the menacing predator heading his way dove out of the line of fire. The shot sprayed the area with deadly shrapnel but narrowly missed its target.

Severix growled in frustration, the sound deep and terrifying as it emanated from his helm. He would not let this heretic escape so easily.

Alternately, you could activate Hip Shooting now and move forward 12m/16m and then shoot Trooper D, who is ~20 metres away. This would be a straight Ballistic Skill test - no positive or negative modifiers. 

I will preform this action. Here is my roll for the shot. Let me know if I did this right and I will adjust as needed.

BS 62   roll = 77 (1 DoF)

Edited by Ancient_Sobek

++ROUND ONE CONTINUES++

Pyke:

Free Action: Activate Burst of Speed Solo Mode Ability

Pyke's Agility Bonus is increased by +2 (from 5 to 7)

Full Action: Hipshooting

Pyke makes a full move action (8x2, so 16m) and a standard attack with his Frag Cannon against Trooper D

BS62: 77 (MISS)

Trooper D:

Half Action: Aim(+10)

Half Action: Shoot Pyke

BS45(+10 Range)(+10 Aim): 72 (MISS)

Trooper G:

BS45(+10 Range)(+10 Aim)=BS65: 74 (MISS)[/spoiler

Trooper H:

BS45 (+10 Range)(+10 Aim)=BS65: 1 (HIT)

Pyke's 100 (Leg) has TB10 and Armour 9 = 0 Damage Sustained

++ROUND ONE ENDS++

++ROUND TWO BEGINS++

[ ] INCARIEL | (SOLO) | INT(5+2)+9 = 16 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3

[ ] ARTEMIOS | (SOLO) | AG4+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3

[ ] SOLZA | (SOLO) | AG5+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4 | RE-ROLLS 2

[ ] ARCOST | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+1+7 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/2

[ ] TROOPER I | AG3+10 = 13 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER K | AG3+10 = 13 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER F | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] TROOPER J | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] GREYSIGHT | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+5 = 10 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

[ ] TROOPER L | AG3+6 = 9 | WOUNDS 10

[ ] PYKE | (SOLO) | AG5+3 = 8 | WOUNDS X/X | FATE X/X (BURST OF SPEED ACTIVATED 1/3)

<Swordhand>

Unsure of the successfulness of his attempt at comradely raillery with the Wolf, Titus shrugged internally. He knew he must try to build bonds with these warriors, but perhaps his timing had been poor. He turned his full attention back to the primary matter at hand. Plundering the knowledge of the Riches Untold. He agreed with Chaka again, it would be wise not to waste any time.

Relatively speaking the cruiser was not a massive ship, but nevertheless a vast place to search. Logic suggested making the bridge their first target. Standard imperial design would place that dorsally, midway along the vessel's five kilometre length and overlooking the sharp prow, but who knew how a ship modified by Rogue Traders might diverge from such a standard?

"Is there any way to confirm the approximate location of the Command Deck?" he asked softly, looking particularly at Rubio and his squadmates with more experience in void warfare. "If we can narrow our search, then we may be able to find a shuttle bay or maintenance hatch... or even one of those larger areas of hull damage... that could provide a more direct and efficient point of ingress?"

GM: Titus would recognise that the Riches Untold does at least appear to conform to Imperial orthodoxy enough to have the command deck mounted dorsally, amidships at the centre of the cruciform shape. If it helps, think of the typical Lunar-class Cruiser.

Not the most glorious thing, to be fighting mortal men, and even though they were displaying courage in the face of the Angels of Death, they were still merely men. A training servitor can be programmed to react similar to how a living creature would when coming under fire, and combat automatons utilised by organisations like the Deathwatch have a vast array of parameters and settings to pluck from, but not even the greatest of Mars's scions can truly replicate what it is to fight a living, breathing creature that desperately wishes not to die. A machine cannot panic. A machine does not experience that briefest slither of eternity wherein they decide to fight or take flight; that ineffable microcosm of time within which life can be granted and death given. The vast array of subtle impulses and nuanced idiosyncratic minutiae a mortal man becomes when he accepts his imminent destruction yet still fights on are too numerous and trite to recount -- suffice to say there is nothing quite like it. It was easy as a bystander to think those within the realm of immediate harm the unlucky ones, and perhaps by grace of cover or distance that you have a chance of survival. The Consecrator's targetting reticules recalibrated upon the far away duo of troopers huddled behind another barricade and he would sincerely put an end to the kind of notion that nothing, cover nor distance, can save you from the Deathwatch. The long arm of the Inquisition had come for Desiato and his dogs.

He swore he could feel the faintest of dissipating heat from the lasgun shots that were plinking off his honoured battle-plate, and a rudimentary scan of its exterior systems would confirm or deny this, but now was not the time for scanning or satisfying banal curiosities; it was time for battle. He lurched forward yet again, hoping to claim every last inch of ground he could seize with the help of the thrumming grav-plates of his suspensor. Step, step, thunk, thunk, whoosh and thud. Feet planted. Targetting signums confirmed. Bolt rounds unleashed. 

Half Action: Half move East.
Half Action: FAB (Suspensor)

BS74(+20 FAB) = BS94: 42 (Pass, 4 DoS)

Hit Locations: Left Arm, Arm, Body, Head, Body

Damage: 1D10 + 16 Pen 5 (Tearing)
1st: 2 + 16 = 18 on Trooper K
2nd: 9 + 16 = 25  on Trooper K
3rd: 10 + 16 + 9 (RF) = 35  on Trooper K
4th: 6 + 16 = 22  on Trooper L
5th: 7 + 16 = 23  on Trooper L

BS74(+20) = BS94: 54. RF confirmed.

There's no kill like overkill I guess.

Edited by ashlander47

< < Blackthorn > > 

Lycus plants himself firmly against the plated hull of the shuttle that now stands between him and his Squad-Mates. Lycus is far from a humorous soul, but even he smirks slightly at the idea of taking cover from un-massed Lasrifle fire. Combat doctrine, however, should never be ignore. From his new position, Lycus now had clear lines of fire on the exposed flanks of the Demi-Squad's opponents. 

In a smooth and practiced motion, he brings his blessed Combi-Melta to bare, blinking the computerised targeting reticule up on his heads up display. In the time it takes his twin-hearts to beat once, he assesses the current state of the engagement, taking in the details of the targeting data being streamed to him by his fellow Astartes, before selecting his own targets. 

"In His name..."

CRACK CRACK CRACK. A trio of shells erupt from the end of his weapon in a tight spread towards two traitors, hiding behind cover. As the Mass-reactive shells impact into his targets, their blood and viscera bursting across the walkway behind them. 

"...I bring Death to the accursed."

Full action semi-auto burst fire

initial hit designated to target G, any remaining hits on F.

Target: 122 (BS 72 + short range (10) + Semi-auto (10) + bolter master (10) + motion predictor (10)+ sig wargear master (10))

Roll: 74

DoS: 4

Hits: 3

Damage: 2d10k1+13

1: 22

2: 17

3:  22

Edited by ApostleRP

-Blackthorn-

Ekieo watches as the target drops behind cover at the last minute and his shot disappears into the darkness, that is until he is hit by his brothers round and turns to a red mist.

Without hesitation or thought Ekieo relocates his gaze quickly and spots a Trooper not far down the gantry diving into more cover. His bolter now poised on the location and ready. He swaps to 2 shot semi-auto burst mode and steadies his aim. His augmented reactions and expert sight see the trooper move, so finely that to a normal human it wouldn’t register. His mind calculates the place that he is most likely to appear and Ekieo fires his burst at that precise spot….

Shooting at Trooper I

BS49 + 10 Semi-auto Burst fire = 59 – rolled 30 (2 DoS) HIT

2 DoS = 2 hits

1st Hit location – 30 reversed = 03, Head shot

1st Hit Damage + Tearing - 2D10+9 - rolled 3 and a 6, discard 3 = 6+9 = 15 damage

2nd hit location – Head shot

2nd hit damage 1D10+9 – rolled 4 = 4+9 =13

++ROUND TWO++

PLACEHOLDER

The Consecrator unleashes another carefully-sighted burst of fire, targeting a pair of troopers on the far end of the walkway. One is caught in the open, the mass-reactive ammunition taking half of his torso away. The other is quick enough to duck behind cover - cover that is quickly shredded under the onslaught.

The Star Phantom's shots remove another trooper from existence, even as a second trooper cowers from the gunfire.

Incariel:

Half Action: Half Move (5m)

Half Action: Full Auto Burst (w/Deathwatch Suspensor)

BS74(+20 FAB)= BS94: 42 (Pass, 4 DoS) = Hit + 4 Extra

Hit Locations: Left Arm, Arm, Body, Head, Body

Damage: 1D10 + 16 Pen 5 (Tearing)

1st: 2 + 16 = 18 on Trooper K

Trooper K attempts to Dodge on AG30 = 27 (PASS, 0 DoS) - 1 Hit Dodged

2nd: 9 + 16 = 25 on Trooper K = Reduced by TB4 to 21 = Trooper K is killed

3rd Shot: WASTED

4th: 6 + 16 = 22 on Trooper L

Trooper L attempts to Dodge on AG30 = 54 (FAIL)

22 Damage is reduced by TB4 to 18 = Trooper L is killed with a headshot(!)

5th Shot: WASTED

Artemios:

Full action semi-auto burst fire

initial hit designated to target G, any remaining hits on F.

Target: 122 (BS 72 + short range (10) + Semi-auto (10) + bolter master (10) + motion predictor (10)+ sig wargear master (10))

Roll: 74

DoS: 4

Hits: 3

Damage: 2d10k1+13

1: 22

2: 17

3: 22

Trooper G attempts to Dodge on AG30: 6 (PASS)

Trooper F attempts to Dodge on AG30: 71 (FAIL)

17 Damage is reduced by TB4 and Armour 4(0) to 13 Damage

22 Damage is reduced by TB4 and Armour 4(0) to 18 Damage

Trooper F is killed.

Solza:

Full Action: Semi-Auto Burst against Trooper I

BS49(+10 SAB)=BS59: 30 (HIT, 2 DOS): 1 Hit + 1 Hit Additional

Trooper I attempts to Dodge with AG30: 99 (FAIL)

Hit 1: 15 Damage, Pen 4 against TB4 and Armour 4(0): 11 Damage Sustained

Hit 2: 13 Damage, Pen 4 against TB4 and Armour 4(0): 9 Damage Sustained

Trooper I is killed.

Arcost:

Half Action: Move

Half Action: Standard Attack against Trooper H

BS44(+10 Short Range)=BS54: 55 (MISS)

Trooper J:

<<INEFFECTUAL SHOOTING, TO BE FILLED IN LATER>>

Greysight:

From last round: Nakarene Lightning Solo Mode grants Greysight an Agility Test (+0): AG43: 13 (PASS)

Greysight gains a free Half Move (5m)

Full Action: Semi Auto Burst (including half move 5m) against Trooper H

BS55(+10 Motion Predictor)(+10 Bolter Mastery)(+10 Short Range) = BS95: 2 (9 DoS) = 1 Hit, +2 Additional

Trooper H attempts to Dodge on Ag30: 38 (FAIL)

Greysight's Bolter does 1D10+9(+2 Mighty Shot)(+2 Bolter Mastery)(+1 Exceptional), Pen 4

Hit 1: 24 (RF: BS95:54 - CONFIRMED) + 2 = 26 Damage, reduced by TB4 and Armour 4(0)

Trooper H is killed.

Shot 2 and 3 are wasted.

Agility Test (+0) to activate Nakarene Lightning Solo Mode: AG43: 30 (PASS)

Greysight moves 5m

[X] SOLZA | (SOLO) | AG5+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4 | RE-ROLLS 2

[X] ARCOST | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+1+7 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/2

[X] TROOPER J | AG3+8 = 11 | WOUNDS 10

[X] GREYSIGHT | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+5 = 10 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

[ ] PYKE | (SOLO) | AG5+3 = 8 | WOUNDS X/X | FATE X/X (BURST OF SPEED ACTIVATED 1/3)

3lrozMm.png

<Blackthorn>

As Pyke continues forward his targeting reticle alights on the trooper that had escaped his first salvo. The trooper, turned to run, his lasgun clattering against the deck as it dropped from his panicked hands.

The frag cannon bucked again as another devastating blast thundered from its barrel. The shrapnel caught the fleeing heretic in he back, shredding him beyond recognition.

Pyke gave a grunt of satisfaction as he continued forward looking for his next target. Passing the pool of spreading blood and viscera that was once the enemy trooper. The only thing that indicated it had once been a man was a name tag slowly sinking in to the morass. It read “Schrodinger” ...

target 72, roll 53 (1 DoS)

damage 7+7+5+7 = 26

Edited by Ancient_Sobek

< < Blackthorn > > 

Frustrated with him escaping the initial bolt intended to end his traitorous existence, Lycus takes aim at his previous surviving target. The fact he aims specifically for his head as the traitor guard pulls himself up from his cover could perhaps be described as... vindictive....

Half action Aim (+10)

Half action called shot: head (Half action because of auto senses)

Target: 102 (Base 72 + 10 (aim)+10 (accurate - Master of arms) + 10 (short range) + 10 (Bolter Master) +10 (Sig wargear master) -20 Called shot)
Roll: 48
DoS: 5

Damage: 2d10+13+2d10 (Accurate, 4 extra DoS)

Result: 25

+ Blackthorn +

Ekieo's foresight was accurate and true, the trooper had no idea what was going to happen as Ekieos bolter rounds flew true to their target. The trooper was relived of his head instantly and his lifeless body slummed to the ground.

Ekieo's visual in display immediately started to flash with information. A trooper to the very back briefly giving his position away whilst peaking was not missed by the advanced targeting systems in Ekieo's helm. With no hesitation Ekieo's bolter smoothly trained in on its target. With an exhale of breath and gentle squeeze of his trigger, a hail of rounds from Ekieo's weapon were released to dispense justice upon his foe...

Shooting at Trooper J

BS49 + 10 Semi-auto Burst fire = 59 – rolled 10 (4 DoS) HIT

4 DoS = 3 hits

1st Hit location – 10 reversed = 01, Head shot

1st Hit Damage + Tearing - 2D10+9 - rolled 3 and 6, discard 3 = 6+9 = 15 damage

2nd hit location – Head shot

2nd hit damage 1D10+9 – rolled 4 = 3+9 =12

3rd hit location - Arm

3rd hit damage 1D10+9 - rolled 5 = 5+9 =14