Jump to content

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[DW] Blackthorn/Swordhand: Episode III - The Sundered House

Deathwatch Roleplaying Game RPG Play by Post Commissar Molotov Blackthorn Kill-Team Blackthorn Fantasy Flight Games Kill-Team Swordhand Swordhand

  • Please log in to reply
2594 replies to this topic

#2576
A.T.

A.T.

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,537 posts

<Blackthorn>

Atratus acknowledges the signal from Tyber and falls in behind Helgrim, the surprise of the initial assault would quickly wear off and it would do well to throw the defenders into further confusion before they could organise their defence... or escape.


  • Necronaut likes this

#2577
Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts
  • Location:The Blighted Reefs
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
Spearcast rolled, then banked left sharply.
Clinging to the terrain of their newest deployment zone, it was alternating between diverting the attention of the defenders away from the breaching site and engaging targets of opportunity. Inside, Sabaan was still adjusting the mind impulse feedback. This was their first combat outing since the Syndallan Campaign and the Gunship was bellicose, almost restless and just maybe even a bit over excited after it‘s victory over the Tyranid Megaform.
It was a sentiment the Iron Hand could relate to. It felt good to vent the built up tension and ire into the enemies of Mankind and he found the need to focus his thoughts into still unfamiliar mind-machine-interface calming.

+++ “Brother Sabaan, we have a door that needs opening down here. Sergeant Tyber has authorised the use of Spearcast, can you assist”?+++

Sergeant Tyber...That still felt unfamiliar, but Sabaan had to admit that, after all the ruckus following their stand off with the Star Phantoms upon their return from the bioship, the appointment of the large Marine was something he approved in. It gave Blackthorn a fighting chance to recover...

Using Soearcast for something as trivial as opening a blockage seemed a bit ...over enthusiastic... but Sabaan could feel the eagerness of the Machine Spirit over the link and they had indeed not fully integrated their target acquisition rites yet.
Well, if all you had were several tons worth of trans orbital attack craft, the nails were in for rough time...

He felt the push of acceleration as Spearcast lept forward and willed the gunship into a rising fractal of an Immelmanian redirection rote.

+++Spearcast acknowledges Blackthorn. Stand by for incoming close air support at my mark++

Edited by Xin Ceithan, Today, 09:02 AM.

  • Steel Company, Mazer Rackham, Brother Argent and 2 others like this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

#2578
That Beyond the Light

That Beyond the Light

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
  • Location:UK
[ Blackthorn ]

“Received Spearcast and falling to a safe distance, Ill confirm when we are clear”.

With confirmation that Sabaan in Spearcast is coming with the key to the front door, Ekeio looks to his fellow Watch and opens a Team Channel on his Vox.

“Team, Spearcast is offering support to us to help open this door. I suggest we fall back to a safe distance”.

The vox closes and the team all nod in agreement. They fall back to the cover they took initially to fight off the trooper unit, the sound of mag boots hurrying in unison rings loud in the now still darkness. The team take position and train their guns on the door in readiness should any survivors behind it find the strength to attack.
Ekieo opens a channel to Brother Sabaan


“We have taken cover at a safe distance and you have a green light. Ekieo Out”.

The team poised in focus, wait. All that can be heard is the wind rushing around them and the platform, with the odd creak or groan from the stressed metal being situated so very high in the dark sky. All is still, if but only momentarily….

Edited by That Beyond the Light, 09 April 2021 - 04:39 AM.


#2579
Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts
  • Location:The Blighted Reefs
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
The pitch of the engines seems to rise approvingly, the machine spirit of Spearcast eager for the kill as Sabaan barrelled the boxy shape of the gunship into an inverted dive between two vast hab domes. Rolling the attack craft on it‘s back, the Techmarine noticed a single monotask servitor speeding by through the armourplas window of the cockpit’s ceiling, still polishing the slope of the dome, oblivious to anything else around it.

It was still going through the motion as the backwash of the gunship blasted it from the roof and into a long spiralling descent to the streets below.

Spearcast seemsed amused. Sabaan blurted a short prayer to the Omnissiah, asking the craft to be forgiven such an behaviour, unbefitting for those chosen to be the instruments of the Machine God’s will as well as for the disturbance of the His great work in even such a minor way.
There was little time for this anyway. Rolling again, Spearcast rose once more, cresting a last assembly of buildings as it thrust towards the target.

Sabaan pushed down his unease as the machine spirit cast the positions of Blackthorn in unfamiliar green runes.

>>“ Friendly.“ How charmingly naive<<

A thought impulse and some quick manual adjustments, then Spearcast suddenly dropped toward the target like an overweight bird of prey.

A flick of his index finger cast a trail of bolt shells ahead, ranging. Spearcast roared Then the targeting runes aligned, brackets clicking into place. Sabaan thumped down the trigger.

+++Weapon away++

Edited by Xin Ceithan, Today, 10:19 AM.

  • Necronaut and That Beyond the Light like this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

#2580
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,858 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
Kill-Team Swordhand
Stormraven Gunship Warhawk, en route to the Riches Untold

Under the deft touch of Brother Maladon, Warhawk lifts up from the Xenocide's flight deck. The Stormraven's slab-sided hull is as ungainly and awkward as any of those used by the Astartes, but in the weightlessness of the void it is like a bird unfurling its wings. The gunship bounds forward on glowing turbines, swooping and diving to avoid debris.

From here you can gain some glimpse of the scale of the destruction wrought upon this battlefield. The shattered wrecks of vessels - or what remains of them - blot out the starlight, looming like the long-dead skeletons of ancient beasts.

You soon draw close to the Riches Untold, skimming low over the hull. Crenellated gun-batteries rise like mountain ranges; torn armour-plating yawns beneath you like gaping chasms, deep enough that the Stormraven's lights cannot penetrate the darkness.

GM: Achillion may conduct his mind scan; it will reveal no signs of life. The Riches Untold is in every respect a lifeless tomb.
  • Lysimachus, Komrk, Komrade_Atomic and 2 others like this
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

 


#2581
Petragor

Petragor

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 220 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus
<Swordhand>

The flight towards the Riches Untold is a lot calmer than what Chaka is used to. Usually, defense turrets would have opened fire by now, attempting to shoot down their relatively fragile craft before the significantly deadlier cargo of Space Marines could land on the vessel.

This time though, the ship was as dead as the earlier scans suggested. Betweeen the lack of response and Achillon reporting that he senses No lifeforms, Chaka is growing ever more convinced that the Riches Untold is truly empty, of crew at least. The hope that the dead have left something behind is what brought them to board in the first place. And with nothing except enviromental hazards to hinder them, Swordhand should be able to procure any data aboard in no time.

Still, there was little use in growing overconfident. Chaka takes the calm before the boarding truly begins to re-check his armor seals, calibrate his Auspex and inspect his weapons. When he is content his wargear is in order, he takes the Combi-Melta in his left hand and the Lightning Bolt in his right, prepared for any surprises the journey to the bridge may have to offer.

Edited by Petragor, 10 April 2021 - 09:28 AM.

  • Lysimachus likes this

#2582
adesro18

adesro18

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
  • Location:Germany
  • Faction: Salamanders

<Swordhand>

Atreus determines a suitable ingress point and docks the ship.

 

Flying through the debris field, the graveyard of the battle was a simple task for a skilled pilot and scion of the forge. In sync with the machine through neural connections Maladon and the ship were one and the same. The cogitators whirled and whined calculating the optimal path to their target, the data interpreted in mere microseconds guided Atreus' hands easing the ship with gentle thrust course corrections. Flying through the void was more difficult than standard atmospheric transit, relying on small jets of thrust to rotate and yaw the ship. It was not as physically punishing, but one had to be much more subtle on the sticks than in atmosphere.

As they neared the ship atreus activated a vox link to the squad, "approaching optimal scan range. Prepare for rapid course adjustment."

With that he pulled a hard maneuver slowing the ship drastically while putting it on a parallel course against the hull of the Riches Untold. "I will maintain scanning distance while you conduct your examination brother librarian." He began to flick switches on the overhead console of the cockpit activating the short range augery systems, "Scanning for egress points. Air locks and other potential sources of entry Sargent. Will report shortly."

Flying a slow steady course along the ship, he waited for the augery to pick up something of interest where he could dock the ship and allow his brothers to enter the hulk.


Edited by adesro18, 10 April 2021 - 08:34 PM.

  • Lysimachus likes this

#2583
Komrk

Komrk

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 736 posts
  • Location:Vermont
  • Faction: XIX Legion Raven Guard

<Swordhand>

 

Vorkys noticed the smallest details while en route to Riches Untold from the whine of the turbines reverberating ever so slightly through the armored hull to the pressure exerted on the craft whenever the vector thrusters activated in response to Brother Maladon's maneuvering. Flying was certainly his least favorite form of insertion. When riding in a Rhino or Razorback you could fight back or get out when under attack and drop pod descents were over incredibly quickly. Being trapped in the hold of a Storm Raven made Vorkys feel... out of control.

 

When Achillion's scan came back negative, Vorkys took the opportunity to scan the external feeds from Warhawk. The cracks and crevices in the hull reminded him of a fallen Astartes' armor. A mighty warrior, one of the prides of the Imperium laid low by a relentless enemy. No matter the truth of the situation, each vessel was a valuable resource lost forever to Humanity and its struggle. 

 

"The ship appears to be dead, but don't let your guard down. We'll secure the area around the hangar before proceeding directly to the bridge."


  • Lysimachus likes this

1st Battalion 7th Chapter, XIX Legion Raven Guard 7th Edition 15/5/2
ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpggallery_70393_10089_9301.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pnggallery_48988_10980_563.png
Send not to know for whom the Volkite chooms, it chooms for thee.


#2584
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,389 posts
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
<Swordhand>

Warhawk swept with surprising grace and agility towards the ingress point identified by Swordhand from the bridge of the Xenocide, a small hangar bay that should provide relatively local and easy access to the Rogue Trader vessel's command deck.

Titus could see little from the cramped confines of the heavily armoured troop compartment, but even in zero gravity he could feel it as Atreus rolled and twisted the Stormraven to bring them to bear on their target. The Stormbringer would have much preferred to have the Drake's position in the cockpit, able to see the dangers surrounding them and act accordingly. He wondered if the Watch allowed Marines not inducted into the mysteries of the Adeptus Mechanicus to learn to pilot their gunships? He was all too familiar with atmospheric craft, such as the Typhoons and Tempests favoured by the White Scars and their scions, but he had never had the opportunity to train on his Chapter's Thunderhawks or Stormeagles.

Brother Vorkys voiced his final orders and Titus dismissed the idle thought. However useful a skill it might be, now was not the time to become distracted. He focussed, mentally rechecking his personal inventory of weapons, ammunition and other equipment. Satisfactory. All was ready for the moment when Warhawk touched down and the monstrous assault ramp before him opened wide.

Time to move.

#2585
Komrade_Atomic

Komrade_Atomic

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
  • Location:Terra
<Swordhand>
 
As the Stormhawk ferried the Kill Team across the empty void towards their destination, Gideon looked around the bay of the vessel and it reminded of his past as a scout, and his engagements against Orks, not to mention his close rescue of his squad from a horde of blood mad orks. 
 
As the sergeant spoke his orders to the team, Thire heeded his words and then knelt, and quietly began to pray to the Machine Spirit of his Armour. He prayed that he would honour his Shield and Protection, which would defend him against the forces which would destroy the imperium, should they encounter any. He felt his Armour shake for but a second, before stilling as soon as it had begun. He stood, and readied his Melta as the Stormhawk drew ever closer to their target.

Spoiler

Edited by Komrade_Atomic, 10 April 2021 - 11:10 AM.

  • Lysimachus likes this

#2586
Reyner

Reyner

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,233 posts
  • Location:Leodis
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

<Swordhand>

Vorr enjoyed the flight the feeling of weightlessness that the restraints could never fully hide in the tight troop hold. Striking from the skies was his preferred method of combat insertion - dropping down like steel falcons to smash into the enemy with your talons out, it wasn't as fast or 'safe' as a drop pod insertion as it was easier for anti aircraft weapons to lock onto aircraft compared to the insane speed of a drop pod. He thought back to his time in the reserve companies of the Red Talons, he missed the up close fury that a jump pack and chainsword offered but he had found himself as a Devastator the sheer firepower they could unleash was unmatched and there was nothing better than destroying enemy armoured units. He started to run a systems check on his armour then moved onto his weapons, the power feeds from his backpack to the new multi-melta were all secure and it's machine spirit was eager - a faint hiss rose from the weapon as Vorr patted it, soon my friend we will see what you can do. Vorr looked to the librarian as he listened to the others in the Storm Raven intrigued as to what he was about to do. 


  • Lysimachus likes this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.


#2587
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,858 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
Kill-Team Swordhand

Komrade_Atomic: Make sure you've accounted for your +5 Strength if it increases your SB, and that you've altered your characteristic on the GMKit File.

The Riches Untold is compromised, its hull void-flooded and listing. There is no heat, no light, no gravity or atmosphere. As the augur arrays identify a hangar deck, you see identifier-runes overlaying a cartolith of the Riches Untold. At the Techmarine's touch the Stormraven descends, landing heavily upon the cruiser's plating.

You swiftly exit from [i]Warhawk[i]'s hold, prepared for action even when all your senses suggest that this vessel is deserted. Mag-boots ensure you adhere to the decking; your crunching steps reverberate through your warplate, but the vacuum steals all other sounds. Stab-lights from your helms and weapon-muzzles pierce the darkness.

The hangar arround you is deserted - any craft once stored here have long been launched in battle or lost to the debris field. There are a few crates of miscellaneous cargo strapped to the decking, but otherwise nothing of note. The armoured doors leading further in are closed and sealed, a thin coating of ice attesting to their untouched state.

Getting through these doors is the next obstacle in your path.


Kill-Team Blackthorn
House Desiato

The pair of bloodstrike missiles drop for a second from the Stormraven's stubby wings before igniting, hurling themselves forward on twin spears of flame.

The impact is explosive, a billowing ball of scarlet flame, immediately tearing through the armoured doors to the Desiato Household. You see chunks of masonry and armour-plating tumbling downwards, creating avalanches along the mountainous outcroppings of the hive's exterior far below until they are swallowed up by the cloud layers beneath you.

The way forward is open; now the assault proper begins.

Kill-Team Cohesion: 6
Active Squad Modes:
- Bolter Assault (Codex, All)
- Reckless Assault (Eradicators, Varvost)

[ ] HELGRIM | (SOLO) | AG(6x2)+6 = 18 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3
[ ] TYBER | (SOLO) | AG(4x2)+9 = 17 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 5/5
[ ] INCARIEL | (SQUAD) | INT(5+2)+9 = 16 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3
[ ] VARVOST | (SQUAD) | AG5+10 = 15 | WOUNDS 24/24 | FATE 2/3
[ ] ARTEMIOS | (SQUAD) | AG4+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 3/3
[ ] SOLZA | (SQUAD) | AG5+9 = 14 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4 | RE-ROLLS 2
[ ] ARCOST | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+1+7 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/2
[ ] ATRATUS | (SQUAD) | AG47+2 = 11(?) | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/2
[ ] GREYSIGHT | (SOLO) | AG4(INT5)+5 = 10 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5
[ ] PYKE | (SOLO) | AG5+3 = 8 | WOUNDS X/X | FATE X/X

[PLACEHOLDER]

Edited by Commissar Molotov, Yesterday, 01:56 PM.

  • Lysimachus, ApostleRP, Necronaut and 1 other like this
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

 


#2588
Steel Company

Steel Company

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts
  • Location:Victoria BC Canada

<<Blackthorn>>

 

After the airstrike had been dealt, Tyber made a motion like he was clearing dust from his plate as he said over the squad vox, +Kill any that resist, capture what we can Brothers. But above all, remember time is against us here.+ turning his attention to his prize he spoke to it, +Tell me the fastest way to the command and control center little mouse.+


Edited by Steel Company, Today, 12:29 PM.

  • Mazer Rackham, ApostleRP, Necronaut and 1 other like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen


The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

#2589
Necronaut

Necronaut

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Location:TX
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus
<Blackthorn>

Following Sergeant Tyber's lead Helgrim raised his Crozius Arcanum aloft and surged forward into the gaping breach left by Sabaan's assault. His harsh voice augmented by his armour's vox to a monstrous level, Helgrim bellowed, +WE ARE THE AVENGING DEAD! INTO THE BREACH, BROTHERS! FOR THE EMPEROR!+

OOC: I'd like to put Helgrim in squad mode when possible.

Edited by Necronaut, Today, 02:28 PM.

  • Mazer Rackham and That Beyond the Light like this

#2590
ashlander47

ashlander47

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

Placeholder 

 

Once more into the breach, lads. 


  • Mazer Rackham likes this

#2591
Komrk

Komrk

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 736 posts
  • Location:Vermont
  • Faction: XIX Legion Raven Guard

<Swordhand>

 

The path before Swordhand stood sealed, the armored bulkheads no doubt activated as a result of atmosphere breaches during the battle. 

 

"Brother Maladon, can you get this bulkhead open without blowing it?"

 

The rest of the squad naturally took up a defensive perimeter despite the emptiness of their surroundings. All of the sensors in his HUD showed no threats and there was no interference with the either the long or short range vox. Things were progressing smoothly for now.


Edited by Komrk, Yesterday, 06:47 PM.

  • Lysimachus likes this

1st Battalion 7th Chapter, XIX Legion Raven Guard 7th Edition 15/5/2
ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpggallery_70393_10089_9301.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pnggallery_48988_10980_563.png
Send not to know for whom the Volkite chooms, it chooms for thee.


#2592
ApostleRP

ApostleRP

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Faction: Word Bearers

< < Blackthorn > >

 

[Semi-Place-holder]

 

Lycus moves through the breach, ignoring the lingering flames lapping at his armour and the shards of falling masonry bouncing harmlessly off his armoured shoulders. He brings his weapon to bare as he rounds the corner from his previously covered position, the computerised targeting system linking with the HUD of his venerable armour.

 

[Space left for pew pew]


  • That Beyond the Light likes this

#2593
That Beyond the Light

That Beyond the Light

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
  • Location:UK
Place holder

++ Blackthorn ++

Ekieo rushes the breach with Lycus, following close behind, protecting his 6.
  • ApostleRP likes this

#2594
A.T.

A.T.

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,537 posts

<Blackthorn>

 

The vanguard pushed forwards, led by Helgrim. Theirs was not the task to sort amongst the civilians for potential threats but rather to strike deeper into the compound before defenses could be readied and doors sealed.


  • ApostleRP likes this

#2595
Jeremy.Phillips

Jeremy.Phillips

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

<Swordhand>

 

[Placeholder]







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch, Roleplaying Game, RPG, Play by Post, Commissar Molotov, Blackthorn, Kill-Team Blackthorn, Fantasy Flight Games, Kill-Team Swordhand, Swordhand

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    ashlander47