Jump to content

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill-Team Blackthorn: The Death of the Voice of Thunder

Deathwatch Roleplaying Game RPG Play by Post Commissar Molotov Blackthorn Kill-Team Blackthorn Fantasy Flight Games FFG

  • Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#501
A.T.

A.T.

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts

Atratus acknowledged Solastion, watching his brothers for a moment before shrugging and moving to his sector. Death was inevitable in service to the Emperor, duty was all that mattered.

 

Still the events had revealed more of his squad, Sabaan had spoken more passionately of this matter than any other in recent days and around him others stood with support or suspicion in their posture. Khyber stood amongst them trying to prevent such fractures becoming something more... in battle it was more simple, below it would not be.

 

"Now if you will excuse me..." Solastion as ever stood in the shadow of command. But questions for later, the xenos vessels were vast and the forces they had encountered so far no more than the first searching tendril. Atratus set about his search pattern pushing other concerns aside.


  • Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this

#502
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,002 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators

As the Kill-Team spreads out and ensures the dorsal spine is free of any threat and that the xenos creatures have been extinguished, you hear a voice crackling over the vox-network within your armour. 

 

++Excellent work. With the spine secured, we stand a chance of making it to Syndalla.++ You recognise Captain Dimitar's gruff tones as he speaks. It is only a single blink-click to resolve the grainy hololithic image of the Voice of Thunder grappling with its two assailants. The bio-ships are grotesque in their alien-ness, coiled shells sprouting masses of questing tentacles as they latch onto the Imperial vessel. They have sustained damage; the space around them seems hazy with vital fluids. The Voice of Thunder, itself, is riddled with the maggot-holes of Tyranid boarding worms. Its broadsides pulse weakly, without unity, like the last spurts of blood dribbling from an amputated limb. Fires burn along the super-structure as tentacles with lamprey-mouths scrabble for purchase. The cruiser's keel, laid thousands of years ago, begins to bend and crack under the pressure. 

 

Despite the Captain's words, it seems increasingly unlikely that the Voice of Thunder will reach Syndalla at all. 


  • Mazer Rackham, Nineswords and Xin Ceithan like this
 
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

#503
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,002 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
You hear another chime on your vox-link, and your ears are filled with the voice of Interrogator Ryken.

++Deathwatch, you are to secure an exit from this vessel. Your duty remains on Syndalla, not here in the void. Find a route that bypasses as many of the xenos as possible and reach your objective.++

Edited by Commissar Molotov, Today, 09:02 AM.

 
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

#504
Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

    ++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,181 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Black Templars
Vaidan put his helmet back on and checked his boltgun.

"Squad, we'll make our way to the shuttle bay. With the ship's structure coming apart, any other option we might have had is now too risky."

He paused for a short moment, pondering their next move. Under no circumstance did he want to be ambushed on the way to their exit point.

"I want Greysight and Sabaan up front, Tyber and Solastion on each flank, Atratus and Varvôst to the rear, Akkad and Thorvald in the centre with me."

"Front and rear, no more than 30 metres distance between you and the centre. Front, I want your scanners active at all times. Eyes and ears sharp."

"Flanks, no more than 10 metres wherever we have the space to spread out."

"Engage any hostiles immediately but do what you can to keep your distance and be sparing with your ammunition. Heavy weapons are to be used only if we're faced with another horde of similar magnitude or bigger beasts."


Satisfied with his unit's disposition, he opened a vox link to Ryken.

"Affirmative, Interrogator. Where will you meet us?"

He didn't bother asking about the Captain and his crew. They would no doubt choose to go down with their ship. It was the way of the Navy, as the Novamarine had witnessed numerous times.
  • Commissar Molotov, Reyner, Nineswords and 1 other like this

"Suffer not the Heretic to live."

 

+ The Road to WHW & Iron August +

 

Imperial Fists - W:1 L:0 D:0

Black Templars - W:4 L:1 D:0


#505
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,002 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
There is a moment of static-laden silence before Ryken speaks again.

++I will meet you at the tertiary starboard hangar.++ An orange location-rune pings on the flank of the Voice of Thunder, a location not far from where you currently are.

>>ABSTRACTED TIME BEGINS<<

As you make best speed for the hangar deck, you fight through the xeno-forms who seem determined not to allow you free passage.

GM: To represent these clashes with the xenoform, make 1D10 Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill tests (your choice, in any combination) - for each test failed, roll 2D10R (Pen 2) damage against a random body part.

Varvôst: D10: 8
Using WS57:
1: 25 (HIT)
2: 80 (MISS)
3: 92 (MISS)
4: 35 (HIT)
5: 50 (HIT)
6: 54 (HIT)
7: 3 (HIT)
8: 53 (HIT)

Varvost takes 2D10 (Pen 2) to the Right Arm (TB8, Armour 8(6)): 8,1: 9 (No Damage)
Varvost takes 2D10 (Pen 2) to the Left Arm (TB8, Armour 8(6)): 7,2: 9 (No Damage)

Thorvald: D10: 9
Thorvald uses BS47
1: 63 (MISS)
2: 54 (MISS)
3: 23 (HIT)
4: 39 (HIT)
5: 25 (HIT)
6: 34 (HIT)
7: 44 (HIT)
8: 80 (MISS)
9: 26 (HIT)

Thorvald takes 2D10 Pen2 to the 1 (HEAD): TB8 and Armour 7(5): 4,6 (10 - No Damage)
Thorvald takes 2D10 Pen2 to the 2 (RIGHT ARM): TB8 and Armour 7(5): 1,3 (4 - No Damage)
Thorvald takes 2D10 Pen2 to the 7 (LEFT LEG): TB8 and Armour 7(5): 1, 4 (5 - No Damage)
 
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

#506
Steel Company

Steel Company

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 935 posts
  • Location:Victoria BC Canada

Run to the shuttle tests

Hall run: 1d10 2

 

WS target number 44

1.WS test: 1d100 16 (hit)

2.WS test: 1d100 44 (Hit)

 

During the run to the deck, Tyber thinks on Akkad’s words to him about the “Wrong, correct and right choices”, the Deathwatch had been more harmful to him in the short term thus far, this must have been the right choice.

 

Between swipes of the bio-forms, he sent a short burst message to Sabaan, unsure how the more machine than man Astartes would respond, well that would be long term, something not to worry about now.

 

+

++

+++

Brother Sabaan, gratitude for not pulling the trigger on your Bolt Pistol. I had expected you to do so, but had hoped that you would not.

+++

++

+

 

With the message sent, Tyber shut off the link and focused on getting to the shuttle, eager to see the craft that would get them dirt side, the void was not agreeing with him.


  • Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen


The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

#507
A.T.

A.T.

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts

The xenoforms came on quickly, scurrying along the walls and ceiling seeking to engulf the killteam and slow them down long enough to amass in more dangerous numbers.

 

Individually they posed little threat to an astartes but as more flooded in from each junction and crossway it became clear that their numbers were legion.

 

 

Spoiler


  • Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan like this

#508
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 848 posts

Vaidan was the most wounded and his armour only partially repaired.

 

Like as not the damn beasts seemed to recognise him as the leader-organism and managed to break through in pressing throngs, despite the best efforts of the warriors.  Akkad went back to back, shoulder-to-shoulder with the Novamarine, cutting, shooting and warning.  He was never more than a foot away, with no thought to his own defence.

+ Ware right my Sergeant! +

 

Akkad will spend this time either assisting or shielding Vaidan, I'll leave the rolls of how badly I get beaten up to Mol..!

GM: could this give Dos +10 to his tests as it's an assist?

 

MR.


  • Commissar Molotov, Chaplain Dosjetka and Xin Ceithan like this

"How far are we going?" One of the the human Legionaries peered up at him in the darkness.  They were all wounded, sore and tired from hours, turned to days, to weeks of heavy battle.  Silver armour flashed emerald in the light from a Viridian flare.  3rd Company had begun their attack at last.  The only full Battle-brother left in the unit looked down and hefted a salvaged heavy bolter.  He racked the bolt and the first round slid home true.  In the silence before the wall of noise hit them, the black-and-gold Lion on azure on his pauldron witness to their courage, the Marine spoke gently, almost wistfully.

"All the way.  To the bitter end."

 

http://www.bolterand...a-world-aflame/

http://www.bolterand...ons-of-gehenna/

http://www.bolterand...white-paladins/


#509
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,002 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators

GM: I'm happy for you to choose to defer thoughts on your own safety, providing Vaidan with a +20 to his WS or BS skill. However, it will mean that Akkad sustains injuries, which I will resolve.


  • Mazer Rackham likes this
 
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

#510
Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Germany
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
+++ Inloading +++

OOC
Spoiler

  • Commissar Molotov likes this
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

#511
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 848 posts

GM: I'm happy for you to choose to defer thoughts on your own safety, providing Vaidan with a +20 to his WS or BS skill. However, it will mean that Akkad sustains injuries, which I will resolve.

 

Accepted - thank you. thumbsup.gif 

 

My body is ready!

 

MR.


"How far are we going?" One of the the human Legionaries peered up at him in the darkness.  They were all wounded, sore and tired from hours, turned to days, to weeks of heavy battle.  Silver armour flashed emerald in the light from a Viridian flare.  3rd Company had begun their attack at last.  The only full Battle-brother left in the unit looked down and hefted a salvaged heavy bolter.  He racked the bolt and the first round slid home true.  In the silence before the wall of noise hit them, the black-and-gold Lion on azure on his pauldron witness to their courage, the Marine spoke gently, almost wistfully.

"All the way.  To the bitter end."

 

http://www.bolterand...a-world-aflame/

http://www.bolterand...ons-of-gehenna/

http://www.bolterand...white-paladins/






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch, Roleplaying Game, RPG, Play by Post, Commissar Molotov, Blackthorn, Kill-Team Blackthorn, Fantasy Flight Games, FFG

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users