Tyber gave a quick check to his left and right to make sure that both Atrauts and Varvost were in position on either flank as Akkad’s words +Strong arm, swift feet AhuNekelmu Ina Etuti Asbu Inusu.+ followed quickly by +The Evil Eye dwells in the darkness there.+ came over the vox.

Before Tyber could give response or request to begin their leap up, everything around them abruptly opened up in blinding light as words spoken by a mortal broke the silence “Who goes there?”

Tyber’s upper lip curled into a snarl, as Varvost gave words to what they both must have been feeling +Really? Blind as well as stupid?+ He couldn’t help it, he began to chuckle over the open vox back to Varvost, banging on Varvost’s pauldron. Over the squad Vox he finally spoke up +It would seem so. Sargent, permission to…. Reinforce the need to be able to properly recognize Imperial assets by visual means, with an acceptable level of hostility?+

Edited by Steel Company

As a spotlight is shown upon the squad, the fact that they were not immediately fired upon bode well - as well as the situation permitted in either case - but he did not let his guard down.

Waiting to see the course of action the squad would take, Solastion made it a point to turn his silvered pauldron, the emblem of the Inquisition clearly emblazoned upon its surface, towards those upon the walls looking down at them to make clear in no uncertain terms under whose authority they were here.

++Define 'acceptable level of hostility', Brother Tyber++

++They are at best derelict in their duty to this world and the Emperor by staying in this fortress. At worst they are complicit in the attempted subjugation of this world by our foe. This is combined with their inability to identify Astartes by sight leans to the latter, at a minimum we should see if one of them can swim, at worst they should be put to the sword.++

His answer was direct and to the point, stated matter of factly, turning his head slightly in the direction of Solastion.

Akkad listened with half an ear to the conversation chopping back and forth between the various elements of the group.  Greysight had been quiet - possibly the best idea.  He tempered his earlier misgivings with the bantering and eagerness of his brothers, fixing his centre.  He turned slightly towards Vaidan, the silence of response to the challenge had been less than a second, but time was of the essence here.  Punishment could be meted out later.

Better to get in first.

He spoke over squad Vox, to try and calm the fires rising in them all.

+My Sergeant, they won't wait forever.  Your orders?+

Already he was searching for cover, weak spots, angles of defilade.  He smirked - the Sons of Dorn were not alone in the skill of siege.  Under the light of the Maelstrom, digging in, sapper grafting and breaching were the works that took your eyes off the sky.

The rain and the silence continued to fall.

MR.

Solastion, too, turns to look at his brother, letting a heavy silence build before piercing it with the harsh crackle of his vox coming to life before speaking:

++Putting a lowly grunt to the sword will accomplish nothing. If we're to make an example of someone, it has to be an Officer or someone of a higher station to drive our point home. By all means, the mere fact that this infestation took hold means the Governor should be the one to suffer such a fate but, our priority is reclaiming this world, not plunging it into further chaos and turning any possible allies that remain into enemies by acting rashly.++"

++No, I advocate that we bring those who have failed in their duties to task once we have completed our mission and they survive the coming storm.++

++That is the excuse of the weak “I was only following orders.” Do they not have brains and hearts brother? Are the not able to tell the difference between doing what is right and honorable in the eyes of the Emperor or blindly following treason? Make no mistake; I agree that the Governor’s life is forfeit for their self-serving failure, as is their officer core. But everyone from child to elderly, guardsmen or civilian have a choice and choices have consequences. All must be accountable for their actions.++ Again Tyber’s tone was cold, devoid of any levity he had shown as the team began getting to know one another. His helm twisted back to looking forwards, the dark sable of it feeling more sinister than it had been hours before.

He paused before continuing, ++I respect you brother, but I disagree with you on this. We should deal with this now, when it is in front of us, rather than waiting and hearing their excuses later or we have to spend time ferreting them out into the open. If they are allies, then why do they act as if they do not recognize Astartes on sight? Not that I expect them to know the Death Watch, let alone most of our chapters, but our very presence should be easily recognized. What they are doing here, is an insult to those at the temple that we just spared from the executioner's axe.++ his fists turned into tight balls, letting visual ques to his furry at what is before him be seen as well as heard.

++Then, by all means, get your pound of flesh; I will not stop you. However, consider this: Mortals outnumber us trillions to one. What are the odds that some backwater guards, fatigued as they are by their limitations, would fail to recognize the Emperors Angels of Death? Otherwise, I do not disagree with your assessment of He gesticulates with one hand towards the parapets this situation.++

A heavy moment passes before he continues ++As to your other remark of "just following orders", what if an Inquisitor ordered us to exterminate an entire worlds populace of innocent, pure, imperial citizens because their Govenor - and they alone - failed in some way? What then? Would we be doing what is honorable, right and just then? Or would we be "Just following orders"?++ he responds flatly; wanting more to find out where Brother Tyber stands on such a topic than call him out.

++Remember: they are but lowly mortals. They do not have what we possess; what the Emperor and our Primarchs have blessed us with. They Fear.++

Tyber unclenched his left fist before clenching it again as Solastion spoke to him, in a way that suggested that he was curious, more than challenging him. He liked that about Solastion, he would question or lecture, but has yet to rebuke him for a different view. His words about the Inquisition made Tyber’s blood boil, again he wasn’t sure how much of that was due to his own view or that of his chapter’s, but one thing was true, they were either hypocrites or traitors to the Emperor’s vision. Sighing to himself, still waiting on his course of action to be decided he responded on a privet channel, such an answer was personal and not needed to be heard by all, ++Mortal Inquisitors do not hold power over me or my chapter, they are at best hypocrites, at worst they are traitors to the Emperor’s Vision. Never in the history of my Le… Chapter, going back all the way to the end of the unification wars on Terra, have we bent the knee to any mortal other than the Emperor. I will not break faith with that, not now or ever.  When we Astartes are called in, it is we whom shale make that determination as to the course of action we should take.++ His tone brokered no resentment or hostility, but it was still cold before taking a warmer tone, ++ It is not lost on me brother, that I took assignment with the Death Watch for selfish reasons, chasing something that I thought I had wanted, but my short time here has shown me, my true path and I embrace it now.++

Switching back to squad level vox, he finished out what he had to say with, ++Because they know fear, they are unfit to rule themselves properly. That is a truth passed down to us by the Emperor himself.++

++Assault marines if they are hostile your orders are to jump the wall and lower the drawbridge, we do not know what awaits us on the other side. Regroup once you lower the drawbridge. We will cover you.++ Came the words of Vaidan, like a release valve, Tyber relaxed a little, knowing what he will be expected to do in short order.

Edited by Steel Company

After a moment, a searchlight flickers on, a stab of light that punches through the rain to illuminate you in a sizzling circle. Even with the aid afforded to you by the auto-senses of your helms, it is hard to make out figures within the crenellations of the Estate wall. Atratus, with his scope, is far better equipped. The rockcrete offers little protection to his gaze.

"Who goes there?" A voice crackles out over a vox-hailer.

++Really?++ Varvost's voice crackles within the internal vox-net. ++Blind as well as stupid?++

Vaidan listened to the rest of the squad make their points over the squad vox. Part of him agreed that these mortals should be made an example of but the rest of him believed they were operating under orders of the Planetary Governor - the Emperors representative on this planet, or they were cultists who had already taken over this district and were feigning ignorance buying time for others to attack the space marines. 

++It would seem so. Sergeant, permission to… Reinforce the need to be able to properly recognize Imperial assets by visual means, with an acceptable level of hostility?++ Tyber growled over the vox.

++My Sergeant, they won't wait forever.  Your orders?++ Akkad calmly added.

++Brothers, we will try diplomacy first the Governor may well have ordered the bridges raised and all arrivals be questioned. After all their world has been overrun by the Xenos from within and it pays to be suspicious of others in times like this, spread out slowly but make no aggressive moves. Not yet.++

Still unable to make out the figures on top of the wall Vaidan glances around, there wasn't much cover down here apart from the Chimera. Firing angles were poor for the Deathwatch but they could at least suppress the figures on the wall and give the assault marines covering fire to let them clear the ramparts.

++Atratus can you make them out with your scope? Or see any heavy weapons up there?++

Amplifying his external vox Vaidan calls out to the mysterious figures:

"I am Vaidan of the Deathwatch, identify yourselves! We are here on the Emperors authority as well as the Holy Inquisition - I am going to speak to the Governor. Lower the drawbridge, now. Or we will force your hand."

++Brace yourselves brothers, if they are hostile get to cover and bring the Emperors Wrath upon them.++

The mortals were either brave to question a full squad of Space Marines or scared :cussless hiding behind their wall as their world burns around them and can do nothing but wait for the enemy to come for them.

++Assault marines if they are hostile your orders are to jump the wall and lower the drawbridge, we do not know what awaits us on the other side. Regroup once you lower the drawbridge. We will cover you.++

Edited by Reyner

++Brothers, we will try diplomacy first the Governor may well have ordered the bridges raised and all arrivals be questioned. After all their world has been overrun by the Xenos from within and it pays to be suspicious of others in times like this, spread out slowly but make no aggressive moves. Not yet.++

Akkad sent a signal ping confirming acknowledgement, then at a gentle pace, he stepped backwards, almost casually, and staying just inside the broad circle of light, so not to arouse suspicion, placed himself behind the front quarter of a wrecked and burned out ground car nearby.  It would be a simple matter to kneel and traverse Cadence up to the battlements.  He felt the familiar sting of combat stimulants polluting his blood, the hot tingling burn of the furnace of war in the harness of an Astartes.

+In position.+

MR.

GM: Slips, no typo - the "moat" is actually one of the canals that threads Beregar. I searched for the width of London Bridge, which is approximately 269 metres long. This is 40k, everything is absurdly large! 

There is a moment of tense silence as the Novamarine's speech echoes. 

As the Raptor plays his scope over the crenellated battlements, the heat-forms of human figures can be made out. They carry lasrifles of Imperial make, taking cover in competently defensible positions near view-slits in the wall. Whilst they pose little in the way of a threat to the Kill-Team, they seem as though they could fare well in any siege. There is no obvious sign of subterfuge or warning of an ambush. (Which means, A.T., you can make up anything narrative you wish that isn't important to the outcome.

There is a moment before the great grinding of pulleys and gears begins, and the drawbridge begins to lower into place. The process takes several minutes, during which the Kill-Team remains alert for an attack from an unexpected corner. 

Once the drawbridge thunks into place, you see a group of humans moving towards you, carrying lasrifles - ornate, to be sure. These are held ready, though the soldiers do not seem stupid enough to actually aim them directly at you. They wear uniforms that are ornate, grander than those of the templum defenders, though creased and worn. The faces betray their tiredness and anxiety. The lead of the group, seemingly an officer by the braiding on his uniform, has a moustache that might once have been grand, but has fallen limp. 

"We did not know that the Emperor had sent the Astartes to deliver us." 

If this is an apology, or an admission of error, it is a poor one. 

He looks from one of you to the other. 

"Our walls have remained inviolate, thus far, free of the rebel scum. They've tried to probe our defenses a few times, but we've beaten them back each time. How can we serve you? We can convey you to the Governor's manse, should you wish?"

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Sealed in, though Atratus. A competent strategy by the xenos to frighten those of weak will behind those walls until the true forces of the hive arrived, though through fear or the subversion of those within was yet to be tested.

Atratus moves from the beam of the spotlight into shadow as he watches the walls, "I see no sign of mutation or attack at this time. Suggest that we monitor the comm frequencies of the militarum vehicle lest they delay while calling for help"

(Atratus will continue to watch the walls while the governors men approach, using his auspex to scan for any weaponry being set up just out of sight)

Nycax Sabaan:

The Iron Hand neither wanted, nor had the inclination to leave the old sow that was the Chimera.  It had served well thus far and a small beat of pride resonated from the vehicle at his approval.  How much simpler it was for the machine to understand it's masters than fleshy things who quarrelled and beat their chests like fools...who allowed an infestation to steal their birthright.

The Astartes outside bickered.  He ignored them until they finally became businesslike and as Atratus chimed through the vox.

"I see no sign of mutation or attack at this time. Suggest that we monitor the comm frequencies of the militarum vehicle lest they delay while calling for help"

A sound suggestion.  His subconscious fell back into the cool mercury of connection.

Tech Use Test: (pending Mol's approval)

Target 41+10 (Omnitool) = 51.

D100 Roll: 49 Pass, no DoS.

++Initiate//MmW.Intercept/2-12antenna114Mw//

++Boost.signal//omicron-70mn//

++Activate//Entrapment.Heuristics/Militarum.Beregar/pProximity-110-33//

///Pending

///Pending///ACQUIRED:

+I am listening Brother Atratus.  The Omnissiah has a thousand ears, but it may take a few moments.+

He slipped back into quiet contemplation, the machine humming around him, data screeds and vox squawks from a dozen different units within range assailed him.  He filtered them until he could hear the guards of the estate excitedly jabbering about the Killteam.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

"Our walls have remained inviolate, thus far, free of the rebel scum. They've tried to probe our defenses a few times, but we've beaten them back each time. How can we serve you? We can convey you to the Governor's manse, should you wish?"

"Take us to the Governor trooper. Where have the rebels been probing your defences? They seem to have overrun most other positions we have passed on our way here other than the temple."

++Assault marines, make haste to the Astropaths Tower and send word to the Watch Fortress - it is imperative that they know what has happened here. We will need reinforcements if the Hive Fleet starts its attack, be cautious I believe the enemy may have bypassed the walls already.++

Akkad watched and listened, saying nothing.  Wordlessly, he got back into 2-12 and stood on one of the benches, his top half exposed.  He slipped Cadence up into the rain.  The Auspex was still maglocked to her and he synchronised his helm sentinel augurs to it's mechanisms.

He blink clicked a rune and began a sweep for lifeforms on repeat.

He swayed a little from side to side, his helm watching in advance of the sensor pulse, the heavy bolter a secondary makeshift turret.

MR.

Tyber look over these mortals in fine dress, nothing what he would consider actually useful in combat, too ornate looking, too well polished and clean. He felt his upper lip curling up in a snarl again, these men and women were too well feed and rested, a stark contrast to those at the temple. Muttering to himself “Those in stone houses are always better fed than those that are not.” He was pulled from his thoughts as the voice of his Sergeant rang out over the squad vox:

++Assault marines, make haste to the Astropaths Tower and send word to the Watch Fortress - it is imperative that they know what has happened here. We will need reinforcements if the Hive Fleet starts its attack, be cautious I believe the enemy may have bypassed the walls already.++

Clicking his acknowledgement back along the squad network, Tyber engaged the flight systems on his jump pack, the unit whined in protest, an error message popped up on his HUD, his armour was trying to alert him to the heat damage the turbines had suffered on his decent with Vaidan, blink clicking it away, he opened up a channel to Sabaan, +I am sorry to bother you brother, when we have time could you take a look at my jump pack, it sent an error message, stating that the primary turbines have suffered extreme heat damage from prolonged use. It seems I can still use it, but not for extended flights, the heat gauge is filling much quicker than it did on the Voice of Thunder.+

Closing the message, he turned to focus on the task at hand, later, things can he pushed to later. He reminded himself.

Edited by Steel Company

"Come, troopers, you may board the Chimera we have requisitioned so that we may move at an acceptable pace." Solastion says motioning for the mortals arrayed before them to board the resuscitated Mars-Pattern APC.

++Once aboard I will do what I can to ascertain if they have been infected or not though without the aid of a Librarian or otherwise trustworthy pskyer, making such a determination will be difficult if they would otherwise show no outwardly signs of corruption, Brother Sergeant++ And Solastion guardedly made his way back towards the Chimera, standing off to the side of the boarding ramp to permit the mortals to embark first.

While the guardsmen did look the part of a suitably, and needlessly, ornate personal guard of the Governor, the fact that they showed signs of advanced stages of fatigue and prolonged, continuous mental strain as well as a clear lack of maintaining parade-level cleanliness told Solastion a fair bit. While these specific guardsmen might not have seen active combat - or at least been in a firefight where return fire posed an actual threat to their lives - they definitely have not had it easy within the walls. Though he strongly doubted the Governor faced similar hardship.

The Sergeant was right though; there were too many access points into these Grand Estates from what he could quickly determine with the amount of outlet sluice pipes dotting the gulf that separated the oh-so-lofty from those they ruled.

Solastion will wait for the Guardsmen to enter the chimera themselves before he does so himself and, once inside will give them a "medical examination" to determine their purity.

Vaidan, Akkad, Solastion, Greysight, Sabaan:

GM: Solastion will find no indication of subversion, indoctrination, domination or deviance from broad human-normal genotypes.

With the Kill-Team recalled, the Chimera begins to grind forward over the drawbridge and into the Grand Estates proper. Progressing through, you see that the Grand Estates are a sprawling affair of parks, gardens and outbuildings.

As you progress, you see what Haltreme said is true; it is apparent that the bulk of the nobility and the merchant classes have retreated to the Grand Estates, delaying the destruction of their world insofar as possible. Once the jewel of the city, you can see that defensive preparations have been made, attempts made to halt the invaders once the walls are breached. Strongpoints have been established, manned by troopers who hold their weapons tightly as you pass by. It becomes increasingly clear that word is spreading about the arrival of the Astartes - not least to Sabaan, monitoring Imperial communications frequencies. Some of the troopers mutter benedictions, or make the sign of the Aquila at you.

Eventually, though, you reach the Governor's Manse, a grand and imposing building with a columned facade decorated with the busts of cherubim alternately grasping sheaves of whatever grain is grown of Syndalla or reaching to the sky for divine intervention. If the servants are surprised at the arrival of an armoured personnel carrier, or the disembarkation of five Astartes, they mask it well.

You are led up a grand staircase by the officer from the drawbridge and into an expansive ballroom. The walls are painted with frescos of agricultural scenes, the ceiling above a glass dome that beats with the tattoo of rain, but which must be quite the sight in the day.

The room is filled with huddles of nobility. In their attempts to stand out, they appear much as the privileged classes of countless worlds. Powdered and painted faces, elaborate hairstyles and clad in elaborate finery. Many clutch crystal glasses filled with coloured liqueurs.

The Governor, Lembit Orlai, is not the prodigiously fat spider gorging itself in the centre of this complex and political web, as you might have expected. He wears an approximation of powered armour, decorated with a russet sash and (somewhat tastefully) adorned with medallions and decorations. His face is drawn, his nose hawkish, his dark hair pulled back and tied neatly.

As the five of you enter, he looks from one to the other of you.

"Who do I address?" His voice is thin, careful. He is not aggressive with his tone - but he is a man clearly accustomed to control. "I know little of the ranks or divisions of the Astartes."

For you, the intricacies, the forge-marks and armour-patterns leave each of you distinct, distinguishable, to say nothing of the proud panoplies of your Chapter colours that you wear. It is easy to forget how to a civilian, one not of your ranks, you might seem like identical, statuesque warriors, each drawn from a mould with identical proportions.

"We have ancient and hereditary ties with the Wardens of the Howling Stars, but you are not they; our records speak of their crimson warplate. Others, then? Here within the Taurelian depths, we lie many leagues away from Far Dalthus. We did not think the Emperor would bless us with aid from the mighty Astartes. Are your war-hosts to deploy soon?"

Tyber, Atratus, Varvost:

Having split from the greater Kill-Team, the three assault specialists are able to make good time through the Estates until they reach the Astropathic tower. It stands far taller than any building in the district - at least 150 metres tall - though none are close. Whether that relates to some ancient superstition regarding the power of the Psychic choir, or some need for the Astropaths to be away from the prattle of others is beyond you.

The doorways at the base of the tower are sealed and barred - though beyond that, you see a group of figures standing in front of the door, near-motionless. Near-motionless, but not totally - for you see them move almost bird-like, as though unfamiliar with their limbs and their bodies, tracing some patrol route around the tower itself. There are twelve of them, figures wearing a deep purple-blue carapace armour, inlaid with gold and silver traceries. What exposed skin you can see is pale, reminiscent perhaps of vat-servitors you have come across before. Their faces are obscured by helms that bear the beatific visage of Imperial saints, and in their arms they carry two-handed swords.

Who do I address?" His voice is thin, careful. He is not aggressive with his tone - but he is a man clearly accustomed to control. "I know little of the ranks or divisions of the Astartes."

For you, the intricacies, the forge-marks and armour-patterns leave each of you distinct, distinguishable, to say nothing of the proud panoplies of your Chapter colours that you wear. It is easy to forget how to a civilian, one not of your ranks, you might seem like identical, statuesque warriors, each drawn from a mould with identical proportions.

"We have ancient and hereditary ties with the Wardens of the Howling Stars, but you are not they; our records speak of their crimson warplate. Others, then? Here within the Taurelian depths, we lie many leagues away from Far Dalthus. We did not think the Emperor would bless us with aid from the mighty Astartes. Are your war-hosts to deploy soon?"

Vaidan removed his helm so that the Governor could see his face.

"Greetings Governor Orlai, I am Khyber Vaidan of the Novamarines. I am the Watch Sergeant of Deathwatch Kill Team Blackthorn, my brothers here are Daon Akkad of the Astral Claws, Solastion Albikus of the Crimson Knights, Greysight of the Storm Sons and Nycax Sabaan of the Iron Hands. There are several other team members elsewhere in the Grand Estates and for now my team are the only Astartes on this world"

Vaidan deliberately did not specify how many of the team were not present in the Governors Manse nor explicitly say where the rest of the team was located. He wasn't sure if everyone in the room was on the same side, there could be spies for the enemy everywhere during a Cult uprising.

"We were brought to Syndalla by the investigations of Inquisitrix Lythea of the Ordo Xenos. Your world is in the midst of a Genestealer Cult uprising, which is bad enough but there are also Tyranid Hive Ships in the system - our vessel, the Voice of Thunder, has been destroyed and several of the sector defence ships have also been destroyed. The situation has changed, we need to send word to the Deathwatch and the sector Battlefleet. In the mean time we need to find whatever creature is leading this uprising and exterminate it so I will need everything you have on the enemy. We also have with us an Inquisition Interrogator named Ryken who served Inquisitrix Lythea and he would likely want to know where she is. Furthermore I ask what you know about your surviving PDF across the planet and if you have a command and control centre, you need to make preparations for a counterattack and a possible orbital defence if the Hive Ships make planetfall."

That was a lot to throw at a planetary Governor but Vaidan knew time was of the essence. He watched the faces of the gathered nobles turn white in panic, others quickly necked their drinks and reach for another glass from their servants but noone spoke a word. The silence must have been unbearable for the mortals but the Space Marines simply waited for the Governor to respond.

Vaidan, Akkad, Greysight, Solastion, Sabaan:

The click-hiss of pressure-seals as Vaidan removes the helm of his Mk VII armour can be heard across the receiving room. The nobles are attentive, spellbound even - for none have seen such a sight before. There are murmurs at the edge of your enhanced hearing. The Governor, however, is focused, nodding appreciatively as the Watch-Sergeant introduces each of his fellow warriors, absorbing the pertinent facts.

The mention of the Inquisition is enough to silence the room, however - or at least until you mention the destruction of the Voice of Thunder, and the predations of the Tyranid hive-fleet. There are audible gasps, and the sight of one noble swooning at the edges of the room.

"You mean to say," the Governor begins, "this uprising is the work of the xenos? That they are here?"

(GM: It isn't that he is slow, or stupid - an easy +30 perception test would tell you that this is genuinely new information for the governor. Any of the Astartes in the room can make that test, should they wish.)

It takes him a moment to collect himself, but he does. After all, he is surrounded by the highest echelons of what passes for society on Syndalla, and it will not do for him to appear uncertain.

"The rebels have hit us hard, though we have at least been able to keep the Estates from them. Communication across the city and the planet has been disrupted through sabotage. Our regiments have fought most bravely, and will support you and your armies in eradicating them in any way that we can. These rebels, though, have been most devious in dividing our men and disrupting communications. As to the Inquisitor? If there was an agent of the Inquisition here on our world, I was not informed."

Tyber, Atratus, Varvost:

Keeping your distance, for now, you are afforded the opportunity to take in more details of the scene. Much of the tower is featureless, solid walls seemingly designed to keep the curious away from creatures as strange and unusual as the astropaths.

(GM: Which is to say that however high/far a jump pack can go - and I'm not sure, and would welcome discussion in the OOC - any windows are juuust out of reach. Sorry about that!)

As to the strange figures outside, their swords do indeed look as though they could bear powered blades, though the hilts of each drape with a cabled connector that leads to a power source on their backs.

Awareness/Perception 70: 1d100 52 2 DoS by my count.

Seeing the Governor genuine look of surprise at the news that this was not just a 'normal' rebel uprising, Solastion takes a few pointed step forward stopping just a step or two behind their Watch Sergeant, as he does so he quickly comms to the team ++Brothers, eyes open upon the crowd. Emperor knows they've been infiltrated by the cult at this point if the Governor himself is unawares.++

As he comes to a halt, he, too, unseals his helmet; the pop-hiss of differential pressures audible as he takes off his Mk VII helmet to reveal his statuesque features common to most sons of Sanguinius. "I am Sanguinary Priest Solastion of the Crimson Knights and I have extensive experience fighting the more dangerous of these foes so, tell me, Governor Orlai, what do you know of the Tyranid Bio-Form known as Genestealers?" he states matter-of-factly to the governor but loud enough so that most of the nobles crowded around them would be able to hear; the deathly silence that accompanies the moments proceeding his question telling him everything he needs to know.

"Hmm, sadly to be expected." the Apothecary says, pursing his lips together."Governor, we would have all non-essential personnel" he remarks pointedly as he casts glances to his left and right at the assembled nobility " be removed from the premises or otherwise have us brought to your strategium so that we may brief you on what we find ourselves arrayed against as of this moment. Time is of the essence with these matters and we must act quickly."

Edited by Slips