Inside spraying isn't an option for me unfortunately. I have cover outside so I won't get wet when I spray, but it's the humidity I'm worried about. Today didn't go below 82% and most of the day was above 90% due to the rain. That humidity range just seems too high. What are you dealing with in Texas Gulf Coast Hawklynn?

Pretty much the same as you. We have had rain most of the week this week. Humidity is a constant in Houston. 

When I spray my model(s) in these conditions I do a quick coat and then take it inside to dry for approximately one (1) hour. If I find that I need to spray it again I just redo this process. I should also state that I tend to hold my spray primer kind of far back (~5-6 inches (12.7cm-15.24cm)) from the model and do quick bursts. I get a light coat that dries quickly and does not conceal any details (I also have a not grainy primer that I use).

Keep in mind that primer doesn't have to be a proper layer like an undercoat. It just has to be enough for the paint to stick on the model. Unless of course you prime with something that's going to be your base colour (Retributor Armour spray on Custodes etc.).

To be honest I wish I could pledge something but I fall into the trap of as soon as I buy something I build it and spray it so I can use it. Maybe I’ll look to pledging a forgeworld unit I have always wanted when the time comes.

I thought I'd go through my unbuilt BA/Marine collection and see what I have that I can build during this event. Turns out it might be a few things...

2NvdaE1.jpg

Those are my recently used extra sprues - I have another box in the loft full of more sprues I use for kitbashing (some with a set of arms, some with pistols, some with jump packs etc.).

I'll have to see what I can reasonably put together this afternoon for HQ models before the deadline.

Well, I've been following the event, but couldn't participate in the HQ portion thanks to it raining for a solid week and a half (fairly certain west Kentucky could give England a run for its money on humidity, ugh), so no base coating, which means no vowing.

Weather is finally clearing up, and I have 20 intercessors to vow that should be arriving tomorrow before 8pm local time (bless you amazon student)

I have a set of the old (and the best) metal scouts I could vow for the Troops event but build wise all there is to do is glue bases on. Would they be allowed? It's the 5 man combat squad two lads with sniper rifles and another 2 with bolters.

I snuck over from the Black Templars side to congratulate you mutants and witches on your amazing work! There's some really killer stuff in the HQ tread!

I had a sneak peak through the stuff you guys were working on and likewise, some really cool things in there, BT lend themselves very nicely to fancy characters!

I'm absolutely blown away by how well we did in the HQ challenge. Not only did we amass a huge score, but we had a %100 success rate. Congrats fellow sons of Sanguinius. I learned a few things from a modelling perspective, and also learned that I much prefer using chaos black to corax white, but the latter is integral to my planned colour schemes for my lamenters and blood angels both.

I'm absolutely blown away by how well we did in the HQ challenge. Not only did we amass a huge score, but we had a %100 success rate. Congrats fellow sons of Sanguinius. I learned a few things from a modelling perspective, and also learned that I much prefer using chaos black to corax white, but the latter is integral to my planned colour schemes for my lamenters and blood angels both.

So is there a score somewhere? I'll dig around, but if I can't find it can somebody post?

So is there a score somewhere? I'll dig around, but if I can't find it can somebody post?

First post here updated by Jol. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344582-bz-2018-blood-angels-hq-stratagem/

Well, I've been following the event, but couldn't participate in the HQ portion thanks to it raining for a solid week and a half (fairly certain west Kentucky could give England a run for its money on humidity, ugh), so no base coating, which means no vowing.

Weather is finally clearing up, and I have 20 intercessors to vow that should be arriving tomorrow before 8pm local time (bless you amazon student)

I feel your pain. In Finland it has been -15deg celsius (5deg farenheit) and wind has been blowing guite strong at times. So it has been really difficult to find a proper time to spray coat outside. So far there has been no problems with single HQ models, but coating bigger units might be problematic.

I don’t have anything to build this week, so I will probably just paint some sniper scouts instead. Next week will be busy with 15x DC marines and furioso dreadnought.

Yeah that's how far I'll go in this event. I aim to be stricter on my "first finish one squad before building the next" rule this time around with my Primaris BA so I don't feel comfortable about building and priming whole units out of schedule. ^^

Keep in mind that primer doesn't have to be a proper layer like an undercoat. It just has to be enough for the paint to stick on the model. Unless of course you prime with something that's going to be your base colour (Retributor Armour spray on Custodes etc.).

That's quite an interesting distinction. I suppose by that definition I prime even though I think I'm applying an undercoat :teehee:

With regards to Psychic powers will it be based on a set rotation? i.e. 3 powers ranked, then cast?

So I choose Quickening, and Blood Lance, and then I request

1)Smite

2)Quickening

3)Blood Lance

would rotation be 1,2; 3,1; 2,3?

Wrong thread? Was this supposed to be Feast of Blades, or somewhere else?

nope not enough time.

Anything Troops? Or a category later on perhaps?

I have a set of the old (and the best) metal scouts I could vow for the Troops event but build wise all there is to do is glue bases on. Would they be allowed? It's the 5 man combat squad two lads with sniper rifles and another 2 with bolters.

No different from submitting Corbulo, Mephiston, etc, in the previous round (and they are worth more points for less work). Infact, I've gone with some metal Scouts (although one needs tweaking)

I snuck over from the Black Templars side to congratulate you mutants and witches on your amazing work! There's some really killer stuff in the HQ tread!

There's some fantastic work in your stratagem too. Seems we're balanced well on the quality side of things and I'm sure we'll see exception work from yourselves going forwards :)

Archived