I have a quick question:

Do any bitz for conversion have to be in the 'Starting Picture'? I'm waiting on a few shoulder pads in the mail. Could I add a picture of the unpainted pads when I get them, or since I already made a vow would it be too late. Or if I can't count them in my vow, would it be acceptable if I still put them on my model (if I get them in time)?

I hadn't thought to ask before, sorry. 

I would say no they don't have to be in the starting picture if it's something simple like that. If there is going to be substantial changes to the model though I would say add them(as much as you can) to the picture though. 

Keep in mind though that to qualify as a conversion there has to be some kind of work done to the mini besides using a different bitz piece than it came with. For example using a FW head on a commander sprue doesn't qualify but taking a mini with a head already sculpted onto it(metal, resin or plastic) and carving that head off to replace it with another would qualify. 

Can I still vow the Techmarine built early due to the date confusion? I took pre and post pics.

Unfortunately not, sorry brother but we cannot vow until the thread is actually open. Fear not though, though we will lose a couple of PL we will not be defeated!!

I would say no they don't have to be in the starting picture if it's something simple like that. If there is going to be substantial changes to the model though I would say add them(as much as you can) to the picture though. 

Keep in mind though that to qualify as a conversion there has to be some kind of work done to the mini besides using a different bitz piece than it came with. For example using a FW head on a commander sprue doesn't qualify but taking a mini with a head already sculpted onto it(metal, resin or plastic) and carving that head off to replace it with another would qualify. 

Thank you! I didn't want to break any rules. 

Yea, I'm not planning any "Michelangelo" extreme makeovers as I don't have a great bitz resource yet (or sculpting skills). :thumbsup:

So I read that successor chapters are ok, how about the sons of our Primarch-Progenitor? I have some Primaris from Dark Imperium, and plan on doing them up as Fists. I'd love a reason to build them now, but if that's not allowed I'd rather focus my resources elsewhere.

So I read that successor chapters are ok, how about the sons of our Primarch-Progenitor? I have some Primaris from Dark Imperium, and plan on doing them up as Fists. I'd love a reason to build them now, but if that's not allowed I'd rather focus my resources elsewhere.

Unfortunately no, this is strictly Black Templars VS Blood Angels. If you are using a diy that uses either of those chapter tactics then that's ok.

Acebaur, any updates on the paint subject I brought up please? 

Cheers 

Well preferably if you are going to recycle bitz you'd want to strip them anyway,  but I believe if you are going to basecoat over it anyway and don't want to strip then that'd be ok too.

Brothers as the first week draws to a close, what is our plan going forward? What do you have stored up to build?

Troops is next and we have an advantage there in that we can add a single neophyte and Initiate for an extra 7PL. Something to consider as you look through your backlogs!

Brothers as the first week draws to a close, what is our plan going forward? What do you have stored up to build?

Troops is next and we have an advantage there in that we can add a single neophyte and Initiate for an extra 7PL. Something to consider as you look through your backlogs!

I destroyed three models trying to take them apart for the Troops part of our challenge so unfortunately I will be missing "Troops" week. For elites I have a dreadnought and an apothecary that I am going to build up.

Well, this one won't be getting done.  Some...let's call them "curious technical issues" have impeded progress for the last 4 days, with no immediate solution in sight.  :dry.:

Hopefully they'll be resolved in time for the Elite challenge.  I need a proper impetus to build my Cataphractii.

I'm thoroughly impressed by some of the showings here.  There is a lot of painting to be done with so many models primed and waiting...for the ETL, that is. :wink:

Edit- Ugh, posted this in the wrong thread.  Well, yeah, whatevs, HQ vow is a failure :P

I've got nothing troops wise, sorry to be a lightweight so far, but I thought the idea was to clear backlogs, so far some people have built more models in a week than are in my entire queue! And the only thing I built was disqualified over the date confusion.

I may be able to pull something together from the bits box though. As an aside, did GW ever release metal scouts with boltguns? (I really hate plastic scouts, I just don't get why they have bigger heads than fully Initiated marines?!)

Elites though, that's my week. I have 5 vanguard, a BT venerable and a relic Contemptor all lined up ready to go! I may even have some conversion on the venerable, my sister's partner is an engineering student and he has kindly agreed to try and upscale some BT swords to dreadnought size!

I've got nothing troops wise, sorry to be a lightweight so far, but I thought the idea was to clear backlogs, so far some people have built more models in a week than are in my entire queue! And the only thing I built was disqualified over the date confusion.

Elites though, that's my week. I have 5 vanguard, a BT venerable and a relic Contemptor all lined up ready to go! I may even have some conversion on the venerable, my sister's partner is an engineering student and he has kindly agreed to try and upscale some BT swords to dreadnought size!

I am in the same boat as you for troop week. Whilst trying to disassemble the troops I had planned to use (old, reclaimed plastic models) I managed to destroy three models and decided that I was just going to have to skip it. I have an apothecary and a dreadnought that I plan to build up and prime for Elite week. After that, I am out. Having a small budget for the hobby really stinks.

Been browsing over you HQ stratagem and there's some really excellent modelling work there folks, they are going to be a joy to paint when the time comes :) Really hope you keep up the good work, it's keeping us on our toes and I can't wait to lock horns again with your all in the other categories :)

Archived