Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Blood & Zeal 2018++

Blood & Zeal Blood & Zeal 2018 Black Templars Modelling Event Blood Angels Modelling Event

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,058 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I have a quick question:

Do any bitz for conversion have to be in the 'Starting Picture'? I'm waiting on a few shoulder pads in the mail. Could I add a picture of the unpainted pads when I get them, or since I already made a vow would it be too late. Or if I can't count them in my vow, would it be acceptable if I still put them on my model (if I get them in time)?

I hadn't thought to ask before, sorry. 

I would say no they don't have to be in the starting picture if it's something simple like that. If there is going to be substantial changes to the model though I would say add them(as much as you can) to the picture though. 

Keep in mind though that to qualify as a conversion there has to be some kind of work done to the mini besides using a different bitz piece than it came with. For example using a FW head on a commander sprue doesn't qualify but taking a mini with a head already sculpted onto it(metal, resin or plastic) and carving that head off to replace it with another would qualify. 

Edited by Acebaur, Yesterday, 04:37 AM.

• Stark likes this
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."[/center]
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Can I still vow the Techmarine built early due to the date confusion? I took pre and post pics.

gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,058 posts

Can I still vow the Techmarine built early due to the date confusion? I took pre and post pics.

Unfortunately not, sorry brother but we cannot vow until the thread is actually open. Fear not though, though we will lose a couple of PL we will not be defeated!!

"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."[/center]
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Seems a bit off, it was built with the spirit and all,

gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Stark

Stark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Faction: Indomitors "Extremis Crusade"

I would say no they don't have to be in the starting picture if it's something simple like that. If there is going to be substantial changes to the model though I would say add them(as much as you can) to the picture though. 

Keep in mind though that to qualify as a conversion there has to be some kind of work done to the mini besides using a different bitz piece than it came with. For example using a FW head on a commander sprue doesn't qualify but taking a mini with a head already sculpted onto it(metal, resin or plastic) and carving that head off to replace it with another would qualify. 

Thank you! I didn't want to break any rules. 

Yea, I'm not planning any "Michelangelo" extreme makeovers as I don't have a great bitz resource yet (or sculpting skills). thumbsup.gif

• Acebaur likes this

tn_gallery_104866_14216_101198.png tn_gallery_104866_14191_73534.png tn_gallery_104866_14197_29076.png gallery_104866_14198_32941.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood & Zeal, Blood & Zeal 2018, Black Templars Modelling Event, Blood Angels Modelling Event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users