Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 point Pure Custodes - Final List

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,453 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Having read the codex in detail, and after observing some games, I have come to the conclusion that this army will need more command points. To this effect I took my ideas back to the drawing board and have emerged with this list, unfortunately not being able to focus on Wardens ahead of regular Custodians:

2000 point Adeptus Custodes Battalion - 6 Command points

HQ:
-Trajan Valloris
-Shield Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike (warlord), Hurricane Bolters, Auric Aquillus, Superior Creation

Troops:
-4 Adeptus Custodes, Guardian Spears
-3 Adeptus Custodes, Guardian Spears
-3 Adeptus Custodes, Guardian Spears

Elites:
-Vexillus Praetor, Vexilla Magnifica, Castellan Axe, Misericordia

Fast Attack:
-6 Vertus Praetors, Hurricane Bolters

Heavy Support:
-Venerable Landraider, Storm Bolter

---

Trajan and the unit of 4 Custodian Guard will deploy in the Landraider to keep drops to a minimum. The two units of 3 custodian guard will deploy via deepstrike aggressively on the initial turns, appearing alongside the advancing Jetbikes. One nice thing about this list was being able to fit an additional bike for a total of 7 including the shield captain.

Edited by Ishagu, 13 February 2018 - 11:16 AM.

-~Ishagu~-

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,453 posts
Darn it, watching some more games makes me think Wardens are a must lol.

-~Ishagu~-

Lion El Josh

Lion El Josh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
Won’t your vellixus praetor be somewhat left behind? Why not drop him and one of the jetbikes to get some wardens? Dropping the vellixus and the extra guardian leaves you 9 points over (if my math is correct) which is a shame as that’s the most obvious cut.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,466 posts

3 CP to drop 6 models is...ouch.

And yeah, the Vexilus is left kinda twisting in the wind. Maybe drop one bike to upgrade him to Allarus so he can DS as well and add a body to one of the DSing Guard squads?

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,453 posts
Some very good points there guys. If I intend to deepstrike Custodes via command points it's better to do so with a single big unit than two small ones.

OK, time to plan some more.

-~Ishagu~-

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,466 posts

I'm a big fan of bombing a 5+ model unit :)

• Ishagu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users