Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adeptus Custodes FW beta rules

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,079 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights
https://lm.facebook....5oGHX1XTSaw&s=1

Woah, 370 for the Grav Carrier? Not bad. It also just says 6 Custodes infantry, doesn't matter if they are in TDA or not for now.

Lion El Josh

Lion El Josh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
Well the caladius answers our anti tank problem!

Edit: just noticed you have to pay for the weapons on top of the 220... maybe not

Edited by Lion El Josh, 13 February 2018 - 03:07 PM.

• Hellex_The_Thanatar likes this

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
Contemptors and Land Raiders got nerfed, you now need “Aegis of the Emperor” to make use of it instead of “Adeptus Custodes”.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

AND be Infantry or Bikers.  

The tanks are fragile for our army, 3+ and 6++ - that's gonna hurt, even with the 6+++ from FNP.  Beta rules sure, but it's gonna hurt.  The flip side is FLY, so they won't be locked in melee either.

The Achillus I think will be barely worth it, but worth it - it's a beast.  The rest seem a bit overcosted, but needed.  So many better options than a Land Raider.

• Honda likes this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,645 posts

315 for the Caladius with 8 S8 AP-3 Dd3 shots to 60”, 3+/6++/6+++, -1 to be hit in melee, and the critical FLY keyword? And a wicked fast 16”? Yeah I’m happy.

The Coronus is 30 points cheaper than the VLR, gives up the 2+ and two lascannon shots - in return it is significantly faster, has an upgraded twin heavy bolter, is harder to hit in melee, carries an extra model (which means it can have two squads) and, again has FLY. Also happy.

I do think both are priced on the higher end - but as noted these are experimental rules and it's always better to start conservative and dial in from there, and these look like very good starting points.

Edited by wildweasel, 13 February 2018 - 03:48 PM.

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
  • Faction: CSM/Custodes

Oh man I've been looking for a good enough reason to buy the dreadspear contemptor, those rules are awesome!  I must resist until my birthday.

• The_Oni_of_Hindsight, Honda and Captain Rex like this
gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngNostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png WHTV40kListsHeader Custodes

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

I would also note, the Lastrum Bolter is pretty nice.  Rapid Fire 2, Str 5, AP -1!   And the Achillus has two of them...  That's 8 shots into a unit before the charge.  Nice!

• Captain Rex likes this

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,396 posts

I'm a fan of the Contemptor-Achillus miniature and rules, punch at range and up close. I'm guessing they'll release the Contemptor-Galatus rules later?

Lastrum Bolters are a nice touch, should help with crowd control under 12".

wVotDtg.jpg ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

RedMoon

RedMoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
  • Faction: Strike force Draico
So for like 50 more points I get a landraider with better save and it dosnt take negatives go hit when it moves..... very underwhelming for the points. I hope a lot changes from these beta to actual release. Was very excited.....now not so much. :/

Guns kill people? What a ridiculously absurd statement! Guns don't kill people, clockwork automatons EQUIPPED with guns do...

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,343 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I'm a fan of the Contemptor-Achillus miniature and rules, punch at range and up close. I'm guessing they'll release the Contemptor-Galatus rules later?

IS lastrum what the Saggitarum have? If so may be seeing those as well? NVMno the same haha

So for like 50 more points I get a landraider with better save and it dosnt take negatives go hit when it moves..... very underwhelming for the points. I hope a lot changes from these beta to actual release. Was very excited.....now not so much. :/

Big thing for me is the fly though. The games i have wacthed, the enemy has made it a priority to lock the LR down in combat

Edited by betrayer41, 13 February 2018 - 04:08 PM.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,893 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Dreadnought is pretty boss for 245 as you can deepstrike it.

The tank is really nice but too many points. Grav Carrier will definitely work.

-~Ishagu~-

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,645 posts

*looks at the stat line for the Arachnus las-blaze*

*is afraid of the Arachnus blaze cannon*

• Honda likes this

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

IS lastrum what the Saggitarum have? If so may be seeing those as well? NVMno the same haha

No, the Sagitarrum have the equivalent of the weapon the "Imperial Space Marine" has in the Index with all the Space Marines in it.  At least it was the same weapon in 7th.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,893 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Callidus needs to be priced around the 260ish point mark with all weapons.

This would make it comparable to the popular Sicaran variants, costing more due to fly and slightly boosted defences.

-~Ishagu~-

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,645 posts

So get some playtest reports in! I know I'm gonna!

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 672 posts
I think the dreads are on the low side of attacks. Same as allarus and wardens? Strange. I would have gone 5 or 6. Hmm.

Coronus suffers the issues of the floaty raider too many points.

Dread spear in cc is our first and only at bare minimum flat 3 damage. That's awesome. Super happy.

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar, 13 February 2018 - 04:39 PM.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

Yeah, the Dreadspear is good.  Potentially even great.  Particularly with its shootiness.  The fact it will do 3-6 damage per hit even better.  

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 463 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

It all lacks Aegis? The codex says all AC have it. Looks like these fellas are exceptions.

QUOTE (BrotherAtrox @ Oct 5 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Deadnaughty

Deadnaughty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

It all lacks Aegis? The codex says all AC have it. Looks like these fellas are exceptions.

You are aware that the Contemptor and Land Raider in the codex don't have Aegis right?

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,645 posts

They've errata'ed Aegis to say "some" units :)

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons

You are aware that the Contemptor and Land Raider in the codex don't have Aegis right?
The Codex required the unit to have “Adeptus Custodes”, to get Aegis that was removed in the FAQ. So no more 5++ on the Land Raider anymore.

Edited by CCE1981, 13 February 2018 - 05:09 PM.

Deadnaughty

Deadnaughty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

The Codex required the unit to have “Adeptus Custodes”, to get Aegis that was removed in the FAQ. So no more 5++ on the Land Raider anymore.

The Faq provided a minor clarification. They never had Aegis in the codex since it was listed on all other unit datasheets. People trying to use it to justify the LR having it were being stupid.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 390 posts
Dreadspear is great with minimum 3 damage!

Caladius is too expensive and certainly too fragile for the points.

I agree things generally are a bit on the expensive side but hopefully these beta rules will be dialled back a bit on their points. I’d also like to see movement penalties removed from the vehicle weapons.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 14,653 posts
245 seems pricy for the achillus.

But i want one!

Edit. I hope the upcoming IA book with more dead options (the gallatus is missing) has saggitarum in it as well.

Edited by Gentlemanloser, 13 February 2018 - 05:43 PM.

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

So does anyone else think that the twin Arachnus is supposed to be 2d6 shots in burst mode? Its very strange for a twin weapon to have d6 shots since the twin weapon is normally just double the single weapon.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users