Adeptus Custodes FW beta rules

AND be Infantry or Bikers.  

The tanks are fragile for our army, 3+ and 6++ - that's gonna hurt, even with the 6+++ from FNP.  Beta rules sure, but it's gonna hurt.  The flip side is FLY, so they won't be locked in melee either.

The Achillus I think will be barely worth it, but worth it - it's a beast.  The rest seem a bit overcosted, but needed.  So many better options than a Land Raider.

315 for the Caladius with 8 S8 AP-3 Dd3 shots to 60”, 3+/6++/6+++, -1 to be hit in melee, and the critical FLY keyword? And a wicked fast 16”? Yeah I’m happy.

The Coronus is 30 points cheaper than the VLR, gives up the 2+ and two lascannon shots - in return it is significantly faster, has an upgraded twin heavy bolter, is harder to hit in melee, carries an extra model (which means it can have two squads) and, again has FLY. Also happy.

I do think both are priced on the higher end - but as noted these are experimental rules and it's always better to start conservative and dial in from there, and these look like very good starting points.

I'm a fan of the Contemptor-Achillus miniature and rules, punch at range and up close. I'm guessing they'll release the Contemptor-Galatus rules later?

Lastrum Bolters are a nice touch, should help with crowd control under 12".

So for like 50 more points I get a landraider with better save and it dosnt take negatives go hit when it moves..... very underwhelming for the points. I hope a lot changes from these beta to actual release. Was very excited.....now not so much. :/

I'm a fan of the Contemptor-Achillus miniature and rules, punch at range and up close. I'm guessing they'll release the Contemptor-Galatus rules later?

IS lastrum what the Saggitarum have? If so may be seeing those as well? NVMno the same haha

So for like 50 more points I get a landraider with better save and it dosnt take negatives go hit when it moves..... very underwhelming for the points. I hope a lot changes from these beta to actual release. Was very excited.....now not so much. :/

Big thing for me is the fly though. The games i have wacthed, the enemy has made it a priority to lock the LR down in combat

IS lastrum what the Saggitarum have? If so may be seeing those as well? NVMno the same haha

No, the Sagitarrum have the equivalent of the weapon the "Imperial Space Marine" has in the Index with all the Space Marines in it.  At least it was the same weapon in 7th.

The Callidus needs to be priced around the 260ish point mark with all weapons.

This would make it comparable to the popular Sicaran variants, costing more due to fly and slightly boosted defences.

It all lacks Aegis? The codex says all AC have it. Looks like these fellas are exceptions.

You are aware that the Contemptor and Land Raider in the codex don't have Aegis right?
The Codex required the unit to have “Adeptus Custodes”, to get Aegis that was removed in the FAQ. So no more 5++ on the Land Raider anymore.

It all lacks Aegis? The codex says all AC have it. Looks like these fellas are exceptions.

You are aware that the Contemptor and Land Raider in the codex don't have Aegis right?
The Codex required the unit to have “Adeptus Custodes”, to get Aegis that was removed in the FAQ. So no more 5++ on the Land Raider anymore.

The Faq provided a minor clarification. They never had Aegis in the codex since it was listed on all other unit datasheets. People trying to use it to justify the LR having it were being stupid.

Dreadspear is great with minimum 3 damage!

Caladius is too expensive and certainly too fragile for the points.

I agree things generally are a bit on the expensive side but hopefully these beta rules will be dialled back a bit on their points. I’d also like to see movement penalties removed from the vehicle weapons.

Archived