Adeptus Custodes FW beta rules

It all lacks Aegis? The codex says all AC have it. Looks like these fellas are exceptions.

You are aware that the Contemptor and Land Raider in the codex don't have Aegis right?
The Codex required the unit to have “Adeptus Custodes”, to get Aegis that was removed in the FAQ. So no more 5++ on the Land Raider anymore.

The Faq provided a minor clarification. They never had Aegis in the codex since it was listed on all other unit datasheets. People trying to use it to justify the LR having it were being stupid.

They weren’t being “stupid” they were following the rules as written, and had a precedent from the index.

245 seems pricy for the achillus.

I'm of mixed thoughts.

For one, compare it to a MultiMelta Contemptor.  You're at 2 more wounds, just to start.  A better close combat weapon.  A MUCH better ranged weapon.  And much better 'bolters' (and one more of them to boot)

Top that off, it's 'only' 46 more points.  That's less than a single Custodes model.  It's quite possibly worth dropping some Misericordia from my Spear dudes to get that.

Then again, that is still a lot of points, I'm not sure if 46 is too many more, but... maybe?   Then again, I think even the baseline Dreads are pretty overcosted.  Mostly only worth taking as a "Distraction Carnifex" because honestly, a similarly costed squad of Custodians is going to do as much or more damage in melee, and arguably is more durable with the better invul saves on top of it.  So by those standards, this one is overcosted too.  

It swings at S14 and shoots at S9, so it is much more reliably putting wounds onto heavy targets.

But compare it to, say, 3 Allarus Termies, which is only 7 more points.   Is it really doing that more more reliable against heavies?  Because unless it's a Knight, a Land Raider, or a Wraith Lord.  There really isn't much with more than 7 Toughness you're going to be fighting.  And those Allarus have 3 times the attacks, sure, only d3 damage each hit.  But still.

I'm just glad to finally be seeing something come over for 40k. My Caladius has been collecting dust as my Annihilator, telemon and saggitarum usually see the field over it just for anti-tank capability. I think it'll finally have a home again :D Good thing I didn't sell the thing like I was planning on.

I am excited for the Saggitarum. I wonder what their weapon profiles will be? With Armourbane and Instant Death on their profile I am expecting some silliness.

I will be getting games in with the Contemptor variant later tonight.

Look tot he Imperial Space Marine in Imperium Index 1, he has the same disintegrator weapon.

I am excited for the Saggitarum. I wonder what their weapon profiles will be? With Armourbane and Instant Death on their profile I am expecting some silliness.

Look tot he Imperial Space Marine in Imperium Index 1, he has the same disintegrator weapon.

?? I don't recall anything Space Marine having anything Adrathic for weapons?

?? I don't recall anything Space Marine having anything Adrathic for weapons?

The Imperial Space Marine is the 30th Anniversary "Rogue Trader" model, with a combi-disintegrator, which in 7E had the same profile as the adrathic weaponry (cause disintegrators).

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/99120101000_ImperialSpaceMarine07.jpg

I don't quite remember what he had. Don't have the index on hand atm.

Edit: Found a post with it. Hmm, I don't think the rules will be exactly the same, but it is a good template. I think the S and AP are on target. I can see lower damage (D3 instead of D6) or for the Saggitarum but exchanging for the ability to re-roll wounds against vehicles.

We should do a community list of what to send FW, is a bunch of us request the same changes or similar it might have a chance of getting through their skulls.

From what I've seen and agreed on:

Drop the Carrier by 30 points or give the following: a 5++, make las blaze either 2d6 instead of d6, and/or flat d2

Drop the tank by 50 and remove the d3 from illastrus accelerator cannon and make it flat d2

We should do a community list of what to send FW, is a bunch of us request the same changes or similar it might have a chance of getting through their skulls.

From what I've seen and agreed on:

Drop the Carrier by 30 points or give the following: a 5++, make las blaze either 2d6 instead of d6, and/or flat d2

Drop the tank by 50 and remove the d3 from illastrus accelerator cannon and make it flat d2

Already started in How are your custdoes doing:

Summary of changes that seem most popular across boards:

Caladius and Coronus need a flat 5++. Both drop between 35 to 50 points.

Caladius needs flat damage 2 on the guns and possibly to either ignore hard to hit, or not take shooting penalty. 

Coronus needs 2d6 shots on the blaze. 

Dreads both need 15 to 25 point drop and the Achillus dread needs flamers added to wargear change out. 

Achillus needs the death rays with same profile as imperial space marine but 2 shots instead of 1. That or just make the death rays plasma ejectors. 

Damage on twin las pulsar should be flat 3. 

Quite minor but is possibly an oversight.

- Custodes Contemptors are S8 in 30k, yet are now S7. Less of a big deal thanks to no weapon destroyed result in 8th (their CCWs can't be destroyed), but does factor in when fighting T8+

Not sure how much fidelity they wanted from 30k to 40k. Looking at the Achillus it seems like a pretty good bet; most of its unique mechanics are there while not being absurdly broken.

The caladius seems to have missed the mark completely though. It was a durable and reliable anti-medium armour skimmer; they've turned it into just long range anti armour and priced it literally just for its guns while removing the feel of using it.

I think it should get machine spirit, get the sicaran fly tracking, get T8 (it has the same front armour with better side and rear than the vindicator),lose the 6+++, drop the shots to 6 and change the flare shield to either - 1 str or -1 damage. And then increase the points to like 350/365

I can tell you didn't read what I said Ish. The caladius is a high durability anti skimmer platform. It's not a gunboat; it doesn't reliably one shot heavy tanks or now down units.

If you hit and wounded every time (not unlikely next to valoris with my proposed changes) you do an average of 12 wounds. That's pretty solid. Maybe it could have an additional point of AP from heliothermic.

If you shot hellblasters theyd hit half the time at best (hello raven guard, alaitoc, alpha legion banners, strats etc) and explode on the majority of misses. You would overcharge them and ergo do way less

Archived