Fan made mechanicum 8th edition rules

Stormxlr

Definitely, fan-made and a HUGE amount of work to do all the rules ,  Some of it seems relatively balanced, rather than wish listy
While i dont have any Forge world mech units i've been eying them up for some of the roles in which we really fall down and impatiently waiting for FoC.

So im pleased to see them even a bit underwhelming ... As op forge world units cause a lotta bitching in my local meta
One thing does seem a bit off is the Solex pattern lascannon seems like a Neutron laser that's been eating its spinach 

60"   Str 12  Heavy 1  -4ap  D6 DMG + Roll an additional D6 on 3-5  add 2d6 additional damage  on a 6  add  3d6 additional Damage

Yes, i get it one shot on a BS 4 platform ... but if that does off its an average of  14 :-S

• 3 months later...
With fires of Cyraxis delayed/cancelled I've considered making the 8th edition conversion. Big kudos to person who did this. They did a much better job than i could have.

At first glance these seem impressively well done. A neat and clean port that even streamlines and downplays the internal imbalances of FWs 30k rules. I'll be sure to study them more in detail and playtest them. Wish I could buy whoever did this a beer.

I'm reasonably impressed. I think maybe they played things just slightly too safe - I remember a big squad of 7th's 40K Peltasts rolling something like 120 dice per shooting phase for example :P. That said, I don't blame them. People are going to resist far more if you push things too far.

I'd happily play against someone who wanted to use any of these rules.

I'm reasonably impressed. I think maybe they played things just slightly too safe - I remember a big squad of 7th's 40K Peltasts rolling something like 120 dice per shooting phase for example :tongue.:. That said, I don't blame them. People are going to resist far more if you push things too far.

I'd happily play against someone who wanted to use any of these rules.

I fondly remember explaining the rules for my diverse squads of Myrmidon Destructors to my opponents. It seemed to cause, not unlike physical exercise, perspiration and a speeded up heartbeat.

Yea, I love this. The font is kinda driving me nuts, but so far everything is pretty neat. Only nit pick is the archmagos's Melee options, as in order to grab a power fist he needs to replace his axe, and yet his picture clearly has his axe and power fist at the same time in the picture.

I had a good and balanced game with my Mehanicu(m/s) against a Imperial Guard force. Nothing seemed amazingly powered. Then again, it was my first game with the faction in 8th and I was using a 50:50 mix of units from the fan-dex and from the Mechanicus Codex proper. 

Archived