Contemptor or Relic Contemptor Dread Ideas

Skorp

Hello All,

I've got a couple contemptor dreads from various box sets. I'm considering using them for my dark angels or saving them for another chapter down the line at some point. I wanted to ask what role people feel contemptor dreads fit into the best for dark angels. I'm happy to get some forgeworld weapons and convert them into relic/mortis contemptors. As I'll be going to Adepticon next month I want to know what forge world weapons I should get while I'm there. 

All I can see them as is a gunline and I want to get away from that with my dark angels if possible. Would it make sense to drop one from a storm raven?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Contemptors in general are where Dreadnoughts should be in terms of survivability.

Mortis Contemptors absolutely amazing!!!! For 18pts over a Lascannon Pred you gain 2+ BS, and 5++.

Relic Contemptors draw fire, and can take it! It will probably die the turn your opponent knows its capabilities but it will take enough effort to justify the cost.

I find it hard to take non-contemptor Dreads, they just seem to fall over as soon as something sneezes at them, and there damage is only so so.