Slaanesh Iron Warrior ideas?

So I would like to add a few Slaaneshi Iron Warriors (Steel Brethren) into my growing war band. Does anyone have an idea or two on how to make an Iron warrior look like a Slaaneshi marine while still being able to be identified as an Iron Warrior? My current colour scheme doesn't use hazard stripes(a fluff thing) so that would be out. So which way to go? Brighter metallics? 

Edited by Brother Clavero

Brighter metallics, auspex/scanning equipment, maybe some Blood Angel "sculpted" armour for the Hellenic vibe mentioned above. Maybe throw in some gold as well as the iron? My own splinter warband of Slaaneshi ex-Iron Warriors use all gold armour with bone-coloured trim.

To go the other way, make them darker and have whips, to be a "slavedriver" unit for some Cultists? Depends on whether you want them being shooty, or stabby, a mix of the two, etc.

Play up that Slaanesh is about EXCESS more so than anything else. It's gonna sound weird, but trust me I do have a point, but think like an Ork. Iron Warriors strapped with guns and explosives. Ridiculously large war engines for ridiculously large and loud booms. Emperor's Children Noise Marines use deadly musical instruments. I can see iron warriors doing the same with munitions and other boomy bits. Take everything fun about the 4th and crank it up to 11, to the point of overkill. Biggest, deadliest guns. Fastest, toughest RH1N0s. Get into the enemy bunker? No, obliterate the enemy bunker!

Beyond modeling opportunity, paintwise play to their metal coloring on at least part of the armor. You could go washes over the metal in parts to dye it, and hit it with a gloss medium so it looks almost lacquered. Bright yellow would be thematic without using hazard stripes and still look instantly like an Iron Warrior. Or maybe invert their scheme. Bright Slaaneshi yellow as the primary color with the odd splash of metal plates and symbols. (I almost want to paint a one off like that just to see if I'm right about it).

This is fun. Now I kinda want to brainstorm other odd God and Legion combos. Could be a fun set of display models.

Thanks for the replies and  all are such great ideas! I think that the traditional studded leather will be almost mandatory!  Does anyone know of a nice tutorial on sculpting leather straps? Cant find anything on the net :blush.: . I remember GW did one years ago on their site  but like most of their good online tuts, its lost to time. 

Edited by Brother Clavero

I believe Astartes protocol in situations like this defers to the numerically lesser legion, so as the IVth I believe the Iron Warriors take priority of battlefield colouring over their brethren in the VIIth. Failing that, I do believe that steel and yellow with a good amount of another strongly contrasting colour like good old Slaaneshi pink or turquoise could still be wild enough to scream "Slaaneshi Iron Warriors" and not "Spiky angry Imperial Fists". Ooh or how about dazzle camo patterns? That totally seems like something that the IVth would do!

Purple/crimson wash on their armour to tint the steel, large sonic weapons.

Noise Marine IW make perfect sense to me.

Slaanesh IW also. They're obsessed with tearing down the Imperium. The only kill is Overkill. They bind the souls of slaves into munitions which literally scream as they are fired.

You can see the effect of a little purple shading on IW Steel in my blighthauler. I think Insane Psychopath also uses some purple shading on his guys.

gallery_58096_12389_64478.jpg

Edited by Xenith