The Algonquin Table - A Liber Writing Challenge

Minigiant

Nearly forgot about that one. ^^"

Will put my Chinese themed chapter aside in order to return to my Star Lords. Think that I'll be able to finish their article in keywords and key phrases.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double posting but I'd like to revoke my previous vow and contribute with another chapter if possible.

They are already part of the canon but we no nothing of them except them remaining within the Imperium Nihilus voluntarily.

The Umbral Knights

Umbral Knights scheme

Dark Angels descendants

Sources of inspiration:

- Death Knights (Warcraft)

- Dracula Untold aka the story of Vlad the Impaler (the historical Dracula)

- Magic the Gathering: Ravnica (fluff behind the card game expansion including the respective novels)

- last but not least, Batman (for a Dark Knight / justice through intimidation theme)

Would be cool if possible. If not, so be it. :)

The Umbral Knights

The name is similar to that of WG101's Umbral Spectres. There's nothing wrong with the name you chose, but be warned: People may confuse the Umbral Knights for the Umbral Spectres, and vice versa, just as they do with Games Workshop's own Iron Hands and Iron Warriors.

Dark Angels descendants

Sources of inspiration:

- Death Knights (Warcraft)

- Dracula Untold aka the story of Vlad the Impaler (the historical Dracula)

- Magic the Gathering: Ravnica (fluff behind the card game expansion including the respective novels)

- last but not least, Batman (for a Dark Knight / justice through intimidation theme)

Would be cool if possible. If not, so be it. :)

You take inspiration from good sources, but you can strengthen the impression in readers' minds with customized unit designations, e.g., use bat-like wings on the Veteran insignia, and flames (maybe shooting from a dragon's mouth- Dracula means "Dragon's son" in Romanian, after all) on the Fire Support insignia.

As I've already uploaded the key facts of the chapter, here's my vow. Hopefully, the changes will be accepted. :)

I, Kelborn of the Umbral Knights take up the Challenge. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete one Index Astartes inspired by the work of the masterminds behind Magic: The Gathering, Batman and World of Warcraft's Deathknights and submit it to the Liber. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Lion (and Brother Argos) himself curse me if I fail.

"Eternal!" "Unyielding!"

Link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/347641-ultima-founding-umbral-knights/?do=findComment&comment=5091806

Archived