2.5K or 3K EC Fluff WAC?

GriffonI92

Disclaimer: Trying to stay a bit fluffy but want to be a bit competitive. This list is everything I currently have. I have a Xiphon and 5 Tartoris Terminators unbuilt and debating on adding to this list. If I were to do the Terminators I would get an Anvilus for them as I think it is a cool model and entrance.

Fluff wise these guys are basically hunting down loyalist and messing stuff up along the way. Really looking at giving the Kakophani Rhinos with Pintle Meltas and 5 more Assault Terminators. 

I am currently sitting a bit below 2500 and not sure where to really go list wise from here. With those additions stated above that should bring me to 3K but would that be a viable list at 3K?

+++ Sirens Expanded (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [2439pts] +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2439pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain [125pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Sonic Shrieker

. Categories: Legiones Astartes, HQ, Jump Infantry

. Consul

. . Chaplain: Power Maul

. . . Categories: Compulsory HQ, Consul

Delegatus [125pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Sonic Shrieker

. Categories: Legiones Astartes, HQ, Jump Infantry

. Consul: Delegatus

. Power Weapon: Power Sword

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [210pts]

. Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Elites

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword

. . Categories: Infantry

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword

. Apothecary, Legion: Jump Pack, Power Sword

. . Categories: Jump Infantry

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [205pts]

. Categories: Elites, Walker, Vehicle

. Contemptor Dreadnought, Legion: Twin-linked Volkite culverin

. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Graviton Gun

Palatine Blade Squad [329pts]: Jump packs, 6x Palatine Warriors, 2x Phoenix Spear, 4x Power Sword, Sonic Shriekers

. Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Elites

. Palatine Prefector: Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear, Plasma Pistol

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion [240pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion, Sonic Shriekers

. Categories: Deep Strike, Legiones Astartes, Jump Infantry, Troops

. Additional Wargear

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

. . Power Weapon: Power Sword

. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Phoenix Spear

The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children [255pts]: 9x Chora

. Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Troops, Compulsory Troops

. Orchestrator: Artificer Armour

The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children [255pts]: 9x Chora

. Categories: Infantry, Legiones Astartes, Troops, Compulsory Troops

. Orchestrator: Artificer Armour

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [130pts]

. Categories: Fast Attack, Deep Strike, Skimmer, Vehicle

. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron, Legion [215pts]: Multi-melta, 5x Space Marine Sky Hunters

. Categories: Jetbike, Fast Attack, Deep Strike, Legiones Astartes

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Battle Tank [205pts]: Accelerator Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

. Categories: Vehicle, Tank, Heavy Support

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [145pts]

. Categories: Tank, Heavy Support, Vehicle, Tank

. Vindicator Tank, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Extra Armour, Laser Destroyer Array, Mine Plough

+ Allegiance +

and Allegiance, Legion:    III: Emperor's Children, Traitor

. Categories: Allegiance

Rite of War: 3rd Company Elite

. Categories: Allegiance

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Nice work bro. The Chaplain, Apothecaries, Kakophani, Javelins, and Sicaran are all solid choices.

Just a couple of points:

Chaplain: Chaplains are a great choice, but I’d suggest making his free power weapon an axe rather than a maul. You need that AP2. A refractor field would be useful.

Delegatus: I’m not sure why you’ve chosen a Delegatus rather than the decidedly superior Praetor. Was it because of the difference in points? The Praetor is fantastic because he can take a 4+ invulnerable save and has access to the best ‘generic’ Legion close combat weapon, the Paragon Blade. If your Delegatus ever runs into an enemy Praetor he won’t last long. If you do decide to stick with the Delegatus I’d definitely think about buying him a Phoenix Power Spear or Power Fist. The AP2 is crucial. With a power sword you’ll be losing challenges to Sergeants, let alone Centurions/Praetors…

Palatine Blades: They’re so expensive… and not worth it. They’ll make a mess of any power-armoured unit that they charge, but they’ll struggle against any 2+ save units, even with the Phoenix Power Spears (especially if the Delegatus and Chaplain only have a power sword and maul…). The real problem is that when the enemy shoots at them they’re no tougher than regular Tactical Marines. It the enemy gets a chance to shoot at them (an they will because the Blades don’t have a transport and they’ll have to cover some open ground to reach the enemy) then you’re in real trouble. The 5+ ‘Feel No Pain’ won’t save you if the enemy wants them dead. I’d suggest giving them a transport or spending the points on another Assault Squad.

Assault Marines: These guys can be decent if they’re in a list that gives then a special means of deployment (Drop Assault Vanguard) or saturates the board with threats (drop pods, lots of Assault Marines etc.), but with only them and the Palatine Blades (and characters) rushing across the board at the enemy they probably won’t survive to make it into combat or if they do make it they won’t have the numbers to win their assault.

Thanks for the response!

As for the Chaplain, see both points. I honestly thought I gave him a Refractor Field. (Fixed)

The Delegatus was two reasons. One, lazy/fluff wise. Two, I had just made the model and then realized that I was over 2K and should probably make a Praetor. With the points left over I can definitely squeeze him in. (Just input numbers) Now I am thinking I may as well take Eidolon: points saver and comes with a few bells and whistles...

So the Palatine Blades...I have read and heard about that everywhere. And they haven't done fantastic for me yet, and they are a lot of points.....but damn do they look and sound awesome! I do think I should probably drop them though. Maybe make them into a command squad. (Going to look into that as a comparison) Wish there was a rhino assault vehicle...

Looking at adding more Assault Marines, 5-10 more so its mainly a blob. 

Do you think the Terminators in the Anvilus is a good choice?

Going to work a couple things and repost

No worries, bro! I hope I didn’t come across too harshly.

Delegatus:

Yeah, I can totally respect the fluff decision to take a Delegatus. After all, Praetors are supposed to be First Captain and Lord Commander level characters so it makes sense that not every force would be lead by one. Rules wise the Praetor is a much better option at 2000+ points and I can almost guarantee that any Legion force that you play against will have a Praetor, putting you at a bit of a disadvantage if you only bring the Delegatus.

Palatine Blades:

Yeah, they’re absolutely fantastic minis, probably some of my favourite from Forgeworld ever. I’ve built and painted over twenty of them, but only eight of them are actually assembled and painted as Palatine Blades. I’ve used the Palatine Blade minis to build a Legion Apothecary, a Praetor, a unit Sergeant, ten Legion Breachers, and I’m planning to use one as the base mini for a Legion Herald.

So if you like the minis but not the rules, there are plenty of different ways to use them. Here is a list of units that I think the Palatine Blade minis are perfect for (with the suitable conversion work to make them appropriate); Praetors, Centurions, Consuls (all varieties except Forge Lords), Legion Veterans, Seekers, Veteran Sergeants, and Command Squads.

ayXkIjo.jpg?1

PvS8jA7.jpg

JAydSx0.jpg

LxZApYh.jpg?2

s7P75tQ.jpg?1

If you do decide to keep running them as Palatine Blades then I would suggest running them in an Anvillus Dreadclaw. It’s manoeuvrable, relatively survivable thanks to jink, pretty cheap points wise, guaranteed to come in turn one, and crucially for the Palatine Blades it is an assault vehicle. Also, I wouldn’t recommend a Command Squad simply because they’re capped at five strong, so they’ll really struggle against most dedicated assault units.

A five man Terminator squad with some Chainfists and an Anvillus Dreadclaw is a great tank hunting unit and can even deal with Super-Heavies.

Palatine Blades:

Yeah, they’re absolutely fantastic minis, probably some of my favourite from Forgeworld ever. I’ve built and painted over twenty of them, but only eight of them are actually assembled and painted as Palatine Blades. I’ve used the Palatine Blade minis to build a Legion Apothecary, a Praetor, a unit Sergeant, ten Legion Breachers, and I’m planning to use one as the base mini for a Legion Herald.

Wow, so you are That Guy that has converted the most amazing 3rd legion minis on the internets. Your ECs are amazing, they were a big part of what actually inspired me to get into that Legion myself.

To the OP concerning the Palatine Blades: they've done great for me in games. They are glass cannons for sure but you have to use them as a specialized tool. They are not meant to go into the meat-grinder and come out on top.

-Keep that squad small (5 strong),

-shave off some points with the meltabomb (if you ever need to use it, you just threw away all the points of your expensive squad),

-lose the jump apothecary. 5+ FNP on a small squad is really not worth the points you are paying for it,

-add another phoenix spear, lose the power swords (some guys are ablative wounds and are meant to die to overwatch or whatever),

-if you have to attach someone with them, go with Eidolon. They synergize very well.

Use them to go hunting for annoying things like backfield Quad mortar batteries which are ubiquitous in most lists, carving out annoying characters embedded in a squad, messing up command squads, charging expensive Legion specific units, you can even go toe-to-toe with Tartaros Termies (I wouldn't risk charging Cataphractii's though). You have plenty of bonuses to your first round (+1 Ini on charge, +1 ini on challenge, -1ws for the opponent thanks to the sonic shriekers): that's 9 S5 AP2 attacks at I5/6. You should cause enough wounds to Sweeping Advance and win. Accept that they will die, you just need to get your points back before they do. My 2 cents.

Pretty solid, only thing I’d point out is a Phoenix spear for the delegatus instead of a sword.

As you are forced to issue challenges he will get the first strike in with an ap2 weapon, which can save your bacon!

Plus maybe a combat shield on the sarge, I have had to feed enemy characters sarges before, that extra invuln has helped survive too. And only a few points.

Made a few changes to my list. Specifically, I added the Xiphon, Terminator 'Decapitation Squad' and dropped the Contemptor and more importantly I dropped the Palatine Blades completely....

I exchanged them for a Command Squad. Ran the math and found that for 5 Palatine Blades vs a Command Squad for the Praetor I gain Artificer Armour on all of them, and a 2 Wound Standard Bearer but loose Counter Attack....pretty good deal I think. I also dropped the Jump Packs from them and their attached Apothecary, Chaplain and Praetor and looking at throwing them in a Phobos Land Raider...I think.

My list has the Phobos but I am looking heavily at trying to do a Storm Eagle as I love the model and feel it fits more with the vibe....but then I would have to drop the Xiphon I think. Also....I am over by 37 points!! 

Well, what do you guys think!?

(Battlescribe wouldn't let me put Phoenix Spears on my Command Squad so I put Power Fist as per the rules they replace those options for points wise.)

+++ Siren's Harbringer (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [3037pts] +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3037pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain [110pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade, On Foot, Refractor Field, Sonic Shrieker
. . Unit: Chaplain (Chaplain), Wargear Item: Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Sonic Shrieker, Weapon: Bolt Pistol
. . Consul
. . . . Chaplain: Power Maul
. . . . . . Weapon: Power Maul

Praetor, Legion [603pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, On Foot, Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker
. . Unit: Legion Praetor, Wargear Item: Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Sonic Shrieker, Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Paragon Blade
. . Master of the Legion
. . . . Command Squad, Legion: On Foot, Sonic Shriekers
. . . . . . Wargear Item: Sonic Shrieker
. . . . . . Land Raider Proteus: Explorator Augury Web, Multi Melta
. . . . . . . . Transport: Land Raider Proteus (Transport) (Explorator Augury Web), Vehicle: Land Raider Proteus, Wargear Item: Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Weapon: Multi-Melta, Twin-Linked Lascannon
. . . . . . Space Marine Chosen, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Weapon
. . . . . . . . Unit: Legion Space Marine Chosen, Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
. . . . . . Space Marine Chosen, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Weapon
. . . . . . Space Marine Chosen, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist
. . . . . . Space Marine Chosen, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist
. . . . . . Standard Bearer, Legion: Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon
. . . . . . . . Unit: Legion Space Marine Standard Bearer, Wargear Item: Legion Standard, Weapon: Bolt Pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Battle Squadron, Legion [240pts]
. . Land Raider Phobos: Multi Melta
. . . . Transport: Land Raider Phobos (Transport), Vehicle: Land Raider Phobos, Wargear Item: Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Weapon: Multi-Melta, Twin-Linked Lascannon

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [140pts]
. . Vindicator Tank, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Laser Destroyer Array, Mine Plough
. . . . Vehicle: Legion Vindicator, Wargear Item: Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Weapon: Combi-bolter, Laser Destroyer

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion [245pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion, Sonic Shriekers
. . Unit: Legion Assault Space Marine, Wargear Item: Sonic Shrieker
. . Additional Wargear
. . . . Power Weapon: Power Axe
. . . . . . Weapon: Power Axe
. . . . Power Weapon: Power Sword
. . . . . . Weapon: Power Sword
. . Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear
. . . . Unit: Legion Assault Sergeant (Artificer Armour), Wargear Item: Artificer Armour, Weapon: Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear

The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children [285pts]: 8x Chora
. . Unit: Chora, Wargear Item: Sonic Shrieker, Weapon: The Cacophany
. . Orchestrator: Artificer Armour
. . . . Unit: Orchestrator (Artificer Armour)
. . Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Multi Melta
. . . . Transport: Legion Rhino (Transport), Vehicle: Legion Rhino, Weapon: Multi-Melta, Twin-Linked Bolter

The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children [285pts]: 8x Chora
. . Unit: Chora, Wargear Item: Sonic Shrieker, Weapon: The Cacophany
. . Orchestrator: Artificer Armour
. . . . Unit: Orchestrator (Artificer Armour)
. . Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Multi Melta
. . . . Transport: Legion Rhino (Transport), Vehicle: Legion Rhino, Weapon: Multi-Melta, Twin-Linked Bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [130pts]
. . Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher
. . . . Vehicle: Legion Javelin Attack Speeder, Weapon: Frag Missile, Krak Missile, Multi-Melta
. . Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher
. . . . Vehicle: Legion Javelin Attack Speeder, Weapon: Frag Missile, Krak Missile, Multi-Melta

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron, Legion [240pts]: Multi-melta, 5x Space Marine Sky Hunters
. . Unit: Legion Space Marine Sky Hunter, Weapon: Multi-Melta
. . Additional Wargear: Melta Bombs
. . . . Weapon: Melta Bombs

Xiphon Interceptor [205pts]
. . Vehicle: Xiphon Interceptor, Weapon: Xiphon Rotary Missile Launcher

+ Allegiance +

and Allegiance, Legion:    III: Emperor's Children, Traitor

Rite of War: 3rd Company Elite

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [205pts]
. . Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword
. . . . Unit: Legion Apothecary, Wargear Item: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Narthecium, Power Armour, Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenade, Power Sword
. . Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword
. . . . Unit: Legion Apothecary, Wargear Item: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Narthecium, Power Armour, Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenade, Power Sword
. . Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Sword
. . . . Unit: Legion Apothecary, Wargear Item: Artificer Armour, Narthecium, Power Armour, Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenade, Power Sword

Terminator Squad, Legion [349pts]
. . Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod: Frag Assault Launchers
. . . . Transport: Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (Transport), Vehicle: Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod
. . Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Grenade Harness, Phoenix Spear
. . . . Unit: Legion Terminator Sergeant, Weapon: Grenade Harness, Phoenix Spear
. . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun
. . . . . . Weapon: Boltgun, Combi-weapon: Meltagun
. . Terminators, Legion: Plasma Blaster
. . . . Unit: Legion Terminator, Weapon: Plasma Blaster
. . . . Power Weapon: Power Sword
. . . . . . Weapon: Power Sword
. . Terminators, Legion
. . . . Unit: Legion Terminator
. . . . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun
. . . . . . Weapon: Boltgun, Combi-weapon: Meltagun
. . . . Power Weapon: Power Axe
. . . . . . Weapon: Power Axe
. . Terminators, Legion: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter
. . . . Unit: Legion Terminator, Weapon: Boltgun, Chainfist
. . Terminators, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Phoenix Spear
. . . . Unit: Legion Terminator, Weapon: Boltgun, Phoenix Spear
Edited by GriffonI92

Yes. With the command squad you cannot give them spears, as though they are considered characters in being able to issue and accept challenges, they are not characters in the true sense where you can arm them with a spear.

Rest looks fun, you not considered eidolon? You can’t beat those high initiative power hammer swings.