Leviathan Dreadnought?

strawberry fist

You definitely want a ranged weapon on the Leviathan :-) The Melta array is pretty nasty and is a loyalist unique weapon.

Truth be told, Chaos Leviathans perform better because of Warp Time. You'll notice all the weapons are pretty short range. To that effect, I think the loyalist variant is best if delivered via Lucius Drop Pod. 80pts and Forgeworld will be re-releasing the model shortly.

An Alternative and really well performing Dread is the Chaplain Dreadnought with Twin Lascannon. Cheaper, very survivable, can give it the Armour Indomnitus Relic also. I run one and it always performs well as it can advance without being shot at and deliver firepower from across the table as well as reliably melee damage.

Twin storm cannon array would be a better loadout. 20 shots at S7 is no joke.

It's good but the range is short. The Leviathan is great because of melee capabilities in my mind. I always feel that if firepower is the focus there are more dedicated, mobile or ranged units?

I personally use claw and melta lance on mine. It usually serves me quite well. The only time it has let me down was having to go toe to toe in close combat with a Grey Knight Grand Master Dreadknight that always had a 3+ invuln save due to some kind of psychic shenanigans. Mortal wounds really hurt the Leviathan too. If you walk it up the board your opponent will focus it down with all of their AT firepower. Which can be a good or bad thing depending on how well you can roll 4+ invulnerable saves. I used to transport mine in a storm raven until the storm raven got really expensive points wise. 

I have nothing to contribute to this conversation other than I love my Relic Leviathan so much. 

However, those who oppose it, have come to loathe it with extreme prejudice.

I run a storm cannon array and a claw, for versatility. However, I fail to understand how it does not get the Hunter Killer missiles in 40k rules, but I digress. 

DKQ5kXG.jpg

I run stormcannon and siege drill on mine. I magnetised and did receive a melta lance and grab flux the other day to try out in the future.

I ran the leviathan the other day with Tigurius to bump him to T9 and -1 to hit. I advanced him and popped smoke vs gunlines for -2 to hit and T9, and boy does it soak a lot of fire power and cause havoc.

It even survived a turn of 3 linked fire prisms and 15 dark reapers shooting at it. After that it retaliated by flamering a squad of guardians, downing a squad of 9 reapers with the stormcannon and a bit of help. Unfortunately it died the turn after by another turn of linked prisms and no smoke and no Tigurius near him :rolleyes: .

I tackled an imperial knight with him as well, though I did get a bit lucky on my invulns.

I have no experience running contemptuous yet, so I can't compare, but the leviathan is a beautiful model and a beast on the tabletop if you can get him where he needs to be.

I've tried proxying a model as a leviathan with storm cannon and siege drill and went quite well until guilliman put his sword through him.

I plan on using magnets so I can edit this model later :)

How did you get the -1 to hit -joukernaut/?

I've also invested in the anti psyker assassin which is fun to use :)