bevulf's Dark Angels 30k/40k

bevulf

Definitely a move for the better! Tbh I found the previous yellow Tufts distracting from the gritty detail you have worked into your painting. Particularly when viewing in small format.

As mundane as it seems, re-basing can completely change the look and feel of an army. It's painful for 10-20 minis, let alone a whole army but can really make a difference - well done.

Thank you all guys for your appreciation!

@Stobz I will consider that - seems like a great idea. I will have to be careful not to overuse it as they might look too dirty :D

@Galloway the banner is from imperial fists legion commmand from FW:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Imperial-Fists-Legion-Command

@Sandalphon, yes I felt the same with the tufts. They were too big and actually didn't fit well with the rest. Glad I got rid of them :)

It is worth putting models on color contrasting basing in most cases. Dark Angels are great in that their Dark Angels Green, Ravenwing Black, and Deathwing Bone look great on grey urban ruins or brown dirt bases. You could have some grass on the bases, but limit it to very small bits sticking up from cracks in the rocks. The large tufts of grass can be a bit distracting.

Edited by shabbadoo

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I pledged my vow in lock-down painting challenge to complete some primaris. Took me some time but I am happy that I was able to fulfill the vow :)

I had some parts left from previous kits (that I used for my Ancient and Master Astoran) and I thought that they will be very useful for my apothecary conversion. Meanwhile the next 5 intercessors still waited to join the painted ones to complete the squad. Lock-down painting challenge was a fantastic idea for painting encouragment so I decided to enter with hope on completing them before 15th of August.

So without further ado, I present you Brother Apothecary Balam assigned to 3rd company under Master Astoran and 5 intercessors:

gallery_46134_14252_58151.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_10982.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_71421.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_246789.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_56947.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_272747.jpg

My current force is getting stronger :)

gallery_46134_14252_49705.jpg

Primaris Repulsor Executioner will be next :) Cheers guys and thanks for looking !

Thank you all :)

@Gederas - I have been painting dark angels since 1999. I had several different DA armies during that time. Can't exactly tell how many models I actually painted but hundreds for sure. When GW introduced Primaris I immediately fell in love with them (the designs not fluff ;) ). I had a vision on how I want my DA primaris army to look with lot of conversions and unique characters. I also wanted to have them painted in a display standard no matter how long it will take. I am slowly fullfilling my dream :) ...not to mention that I have also plans for 30k but for that I need more preparation especially when it comes to painting black - I am right now testing different techniques and I want to be 100% sure that the black recipe that I choose will be unique. That is why I still haven't finished my cenobium knights and contemptor not to mention the Lion whom I want to be not only a centerpiece for my future 30k army but for all my Dark Angels. Really can't wait for his release!  

Thank you guys !

I haven't started building up anything related to 9th ed but the new models are great and probably will paint some outriders sooner or later :)

Hi all,

I pledged my vow in lock-down painting challenge to complete some primaris. Took me some time but I am happy that I was able to fulfill the vow :)

I had some parts left from previous kits (that I used for my Ancient and Master Astoran) and I thought that they will be very useful for my apothecary conversion. Meanwhile the next 5 intercessors still waited to join the painted ones to complete the squad. Lock-down painting challenge was a fantastic idea for painting encouragment so I decided to enter with hope on completing them before 15th of August.

So without further ado, I present you Brother Apothecary Balam assigned to 3rd company under Master Astoran and 5 intercessors:

gallery_46134_14252_58151.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_10982.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_71421.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_246789.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_56947.jpg

gallery_46134_14252_272747.jpg

My current force is getting stronger :)

gallery_46134_14252_49705.jpg

Primaris Repulsor Executioner will be next :) Cheers guys and thanks for looking !

Lovely!

@Gederas - I have been painting dark angels since 1999. I had several different DA armies during that time. Can't exactly tell how many models I actually painted but hundreds for sure. When GW introduced Primaris I immediately fell in love with them (the designs not fluff :wink: ). I had a vision on how I want my DA primaris army to look with lot of conversions and unique characters. I also wanted to have them painted in a display standard no matter how long it will take. I am slowly fullfilling my dream :smile.: ...not to mention that I have also plans for 30k but for that I need more preparation especially when it comes to painting black - I am right now testing different techniques and I want to be 100% sure that the black recipe that I choose will be unique. That is why I still haven't finished my cenobium knights and contemptor not to mention the Lion whom I want to be not only a centerpiece for my future 30k army but for all my Dark Angels. Really can't wait for his release!  

Gonna make you feel old with that:

I was four for most of 1999 :lol:

But that makes sense. Lots and lots of practice, yeah.

• 3 weeks later...