Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

bevulf's Dark Angels 30k/40k

Intercessors

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

shabbadoo

shabbadoo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,490 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Longtime DA Player: "$#@! Primaris Space Marines!"

Longtime DA Player after seeing Bevulf's minis: "Dammit! I need to get Primaris Space Marines!"

laugh.png

• Lord Ragnarok, Interrogator Stobz, bevulf and 3 others like this

*Things I've Done For Retail Sales  *Airbrush Information & Advice
40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar  WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 598 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Grey Knights

Longtime DA Player: "$#@! Primaris Space Marines!"

Longtime DA Player after seeing Bevulf's minis: "Dammit! I need to get Primaris Space Marines!"

laugh.png

New DA Player after seeing Bevulf's minis: Dammit, I need more Primaris Marines.

• bevulf likes this

Galloway

Galloway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts

Look great, the ancient is really amazing. Separate from the incredible painting, is the banner from a kit or did you make it yourself from plasticard or something)?

Edited by Galloway, 21 May 2020 - 06:22 AM.

• bevulf likes this
"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence."

The Unbound Brethren WIP log   Void Reavers log

gallery_48988_10069_47070.pnggallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

Sandalphon

Sandalphon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,363 posts
Definitely a move for the better! Tbh I found the previous yellow Tufts distracting from the gritty detail you have worked into your painting. Particularly when viewing in small format.

As mundane as it seems, re-basing can completely change the look and feel of an army. It's painful for 10-20 minis, let alone a whole army but can really make a difference - well done.
  • bevulf likes this
outgunned, outnumbered - but never outclassed.

Kaeloth@CMON

bevulf

bevulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 755 posts

Thank you all guys for your appreciation!

@Stobz I will consider that - seems like a great idea. I will have to be careful not to overuse it as they might look too dirty :D

@Galloway the banner is from imperial fists legion commmand from FW:

https://www.forgewor...-Legion-Command

@Sandalphon, yes I felt the same with the tufts. They were too big and actually didn't fit well with the rest. Glad I got rid of them :)

• Galloway likes this
gallery_46134_15057_19542.jpg

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,004 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
I agree, not too dirty, they're not Imperial Guard, Iron Warriors or Nurgle followers after all.

Just a bit of light dusting on the feet/ankles, as if they have arrived recently but are not mucked in.
  • bevulf likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

shabbadoo

shabbadoo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,490 posts

It is worth putting models on color contrasting basing in most cases. Dark Angels are great in that their Dark Angels Green, Ravenwing Black, and Deathwing Bone look great on grey urban ruins or brown dirt bases. You could have some grass on the bases, but limit it to very small bits sticking up from cracks in the rocks. The large tufts of grass can be a bit distracting.

Edited by shabbadoo, 23 May 2020 - 05:16 AM.

• bevulf likes this

*Things I've Done For Retail Sales  *Airbrush Information & Advice
40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar  WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,912 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows
Love how you highlight the green. It’s really a boring color until those bright highlights hit it then it’s just gorgeous.
  • bevulf likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intercessors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users